A pleasant night visit
1.7k 5 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was sitting alone inside the tent, Chu Cheng's bodyguard was ordered by me to help his master. I was still shocked and thinking about how I should plan my future moves. I planned to use Magical merchant association by using Chu Cheng's status but he turned out to be useless puppet. Now I should focus on increasing my strength that's the most pressing issue. 

"Hey system fairy, can I absorb ki from all the dead bodies outside?"

[Huh, you can try if you want to be blasted to pieces. Do you think your body can handle that much amount of ki.] she replied in reprimanding tone.

[Also haven't you notice that your physical attributes also undergo change when you absorb ki.]

What she said was true after all, I felt my physical strength and body structure change a bit after absorbing ki.

"Then will my body also gain attributes of what I absorb."

[If you absorb ki from same species in quantity then it might occur.]

"Then if I absorb ki in huge quantity from flying type beasts, will I gain wings." I was excited because flying was dream of every human beings. There were some stories of strong cultivators being able to fly but for citizens of flame city it was still a dream.

[Your mouth also can modify into beak. I wonder how will you kiss girls after that. Oh! you might even be ashamed to show your face in public.]

Her words poured cold water to my hopes. I should be careful about what I devour in future.

[You should focus more on quality than quantity dummy. If you get lucky then you might even gain some bloodline abilities.] After passing few instructions, she remained silent. But what she said was amazing because high tier beasts have amazing bloodline ability which provides them advantages in comparison to normal cultivators and beasts. 

It seems I am still unable the mysteries of system and cultivation techniques provided by it.

.......................................................

As I went out, I saw Chu Cheng and his bodyguard were diligently collecting all the dead bodies. The main reason why I ordered them to collect those bodies was because I wished to absorb ki from but now I changed my mind after system fairy's instruction. Also another reason was, we were still inside mountain with lots of beasts, if those corpses attract some strong beasts, situation will turn grim.

"Choose corpses of cultivators with high cultivation and place them separately." I ordered both of them.

Even though both of them were baffled with my strange request they didn't reject it. They hurriedly separate around seven bodies from among the group of dead bodies. Majority of dead cultivators had their body tore down to pieces by wolves, so it was hard to find suitable corpses.

Among those seven bodies, one of them was of Chu Cheng's bodyguard who was slain by Su Yan. Chu Cheng didn't seem to mind about his death while his  another bodyguard seemed pained by losing his colleague.

"Both of you dispose all other remaining bodies. Don't leave any traces behind."

"O-okay." Both of them replied.

After I sent both of them away, I proceed with my plan. Even though none of those people were in origin realm, still many were in peak spirit realm. So I gained quite a lot of ki. This time there wasn't drastic improvement in my cultivation level nor in physical strength. It seems after absorbing ki from origin realm cultivator, absorbing ki from spirit realm Cultivators won't have same effect.

I  went to my tent and sat with my legs folded, trying to meditate. While cultivating absorbing ki was one part while strengthening mental state was another part. In the battle between two cultivators with similar cultivation level, experience and talent, mental fortitude could decide the outcome of battle.

After some period of time, when I opened my eyes I saw two beautiful young girls Infront of me. Both of them were intently looking at me.

"Is there something on my face?" I asked with a smile.

Both of them shyly looked away. 

"Thanks for helping us. If it weren't for you we wouldn't be able to avenge brother Chu." Su yan sincerely spoke while changing the topic. 

"Don't mention it. Did you forget I am also part of your team?" 

"From now on we will be at your command. We will loyally serve you from now on." Both of them in serious, sincere tone declared.

"Hey, hey don't be so serious. If others see this scene then they might think I brainwashed you guys."

I didn't hear the laughter I was expecting but still both of them had a slight smile in their face. It was the first time I saw Su Yan smile.

[Sigh! a toad lusting after swan.]

System fairy spoke but I ignored her as currently there were two young girls Infront of me.

It seems I was meditating for a long time as it was already Starting to get dark.

"I think we should rest here today. We will return to flame city tomorrow. What do you guys think?"

"As you wish." 

"Then choose some tent and rest well today. It hasn't been easy for you guys."

"You too."

.......................................................

Currently I was inside one of the tent which was left intact after our attack earlier. After ordering both Chu Cheng and his bodyguard to guard the tents, I came to this tent. When I ordered them Chu Cheng had quite a funny face. Even though he didn't have any real authority, he still was son of big family. So he found it hard to completely adapt to new status quo but due to fear of losing his life he complied with all of my order.

'Knock' 'Knock' 

I heard a soft knock outside my door. "Who is it?"

"It's me Su Yan. Can I come inside?"

"O-okay come inside." I stuttered because I didn't expect her to come to my room this late also partly it was due to my happiness.

"Did I disturb you. I wanted to talk with you so if I disturbed you I will return."

"N-No, I wasn't doing anything." I replied with a smile on outside but inwardly I was panicking.

The girl Infront of me was still wearing the dress she was wearing during day time. It wasn't expensive one but still it didn't diminish her beauty. When such a beauty comes in night to talk with me how can I have the heart to reject her.

[Such a desperate man. If you don't control your drool you might also have your head slain.]

"You can shut up and go to hell." I inwardly yelled at her. But she said was also true, Su Yan seemed strange obsession of slaying heads so it won't hurt to be careful.

While that I led Su Yan to mat on which I was lying before she came. 

"I-I wanted to thank you for helping us also for saving us during that ambush."

While she was talking I was amazed how that cold girl who didn't bat eye while killing people, was speaking shyly.

It was simply too much for someone like me who didn't have much previous experience.

"From now on.."

While she was still speaking I was unable to contain myself after seeing such a cute side of her, so I kissed her, taking her by surprise.

23