Triton’s Arrogance
780 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haaaah..."

I wipe the sweat off my brow as I leave the small hut. I just escaped an interrogation from the demon lords who started to flood my mind with complaints.

'Master is so shameless!'

'You rogue!'

'Why her and not me...'

'Hmph!'

While Satan and Asmodeus were describing my endeavors, I was able to quietly slip away. I did feel bad for leaving Circe on her own. She was still unconscious when I looked back and I felt a pang of guilt for being so rough for her first time...

Anyways, now that my lust had been satisfied, I decide to meditate until the rumored army arrives. All the magic defenses are basically useless without Circe's presence so there's not much for me to do other than some minor training.

Sitting a little ways from the house I begin to bask in the fresh breeze. The tranquility and serenity of this mountain top is unmatched. Closing my eyes, I channel mana throughout my body. After mastering the sword, I've made a commitment to utilizing my divine form in fights. Not all of my enemies will be as weak as a mere monster like Scylla. Having achieved godhood not long ago, I have yet to get used to my godly constitution.

There is a sense of 'divinity' and I certainly feel the aura of god within myself. But I feel something restricting the limits of my power. Though I can be considered a god, I have yet to attain true omniscience and immortality. My perspective still remains that of a mortal creature and I can’t comprehend the concept of peerless power. I can't help but highly anticipate the changes my next evolution will bring.

As I ponder the essence of divinity, I sense a strong energy source approaching the island. Opening my eyes, I stand up with a stretch and gaze at the vast ocean.

With my sharp eyesight, I can see the water forming ripples. They start off small at first, but eventually, the oceans start churning violently. The island, once full of festivity and happiness sinks into tension. Not even the wild beasts are making any noise. It's almost like the whole island is holding its breath!

I jump from my spot on the precipice and land softly in front of Circe, Satan, Asmodeus, and Kampe. Sometime ago, Circe had awoken and immediately gone to prepare for the arrival of Olympus’s delegation. Looking at her dead-serious face and her slight nervousness, I couldn't help but smile. Despite having been so erotic in bed recently, she was doing a splendid job of acting like nothing had happened.

I turn my attention back to the ocean and see something splash out of the water. A man with green skin and aquamarine hair tied in a ponytail appears. Though he looks like a human at first, he keeps rising from the water and I can see the glimmery scales of a fishtail in place of his legs. He holds a sharp golden trident in his hand and a massive conch shell in the other. Shaking the water from his head, he turns his cruel eyes towards me in a sneer before looking directly at Circe.

Surrounding him are at least half a dozen similar-looking mermen, wearing heavy armor that looks to be made of pearls and a strange blue metal. They leave the water before the man and stand at attention as he slowly makes his way out.

"You've certainly bounced back after last time, Circe! Good to see you've at least learned to take the initiative to welcome me! And to present me with such delicious gifts haha."

He leers at my demon lords and Kampe. Though they grit their teeth, they've already agreed to let the meeting at least continue for now. All they can do is put on a friendly smile and hide their hatred.

I look at Triton and gauge him. He senses my stare and snickers.

"Another one of your boy toys Circe? It's a shame you have so many men around you...Atlantis will need a queen soon and I wouldn't have minded you." (A.N. he's referring to her pets)

"I believe you came here for a better reason than harassing me in my own home Triton..."

"That you're right! So! The offer still stands. My father says that if you join hands with Olympus you'll be granted complete autonomy over your little island. If not...surely you can imagine the consequences..."

"And what could Olympus possibly need from little old me? Surely you know my strength is no better than that of even the weakest monsters..."

Snorting, Triton spits at the floor.

"Tch. Don't look at me, I asked father why they would want eye candy like you to fight. In my eyes, you'd only serve well as a meat shield or in the bed..."

Though Circe said no relationship between us would blossom, I can't help but feel slightly angered at the way this dog addresses her. Is it love? Surely not. One time in bed won't cause such feelings. However, this is my future teacher...What kind of a student would stand by as their teacher was so blatantly harassed?

"That's enough from you son of Poseidon! Is this what all gods amount to these days? Lowlife scum who are so bored they don't do anything but harass women?"

"You! I don't know how you're related to Circe, but this is a convening between gods! Stay in line mortal!"

I give him a treacherous look and begin to let out a dangerous aura full of killing intent. With a voice full of malice I whisper to the haughty merman in front of me.

"Oh, surely you don't mind me joining then?"

His guards instantly raise their spears at me as I walk closer. I take out my katana in response and cut through their defenses before they can even react. Their armor might be tough but it cannot match up to thee sharpness of a blade that killed a god! Their headless bodies fall and their blue blood splashed onto my face. The rest try to form a protective ring around Triton.

"Enough of this farce. Circe will never be joining Olympus, as she's in my faction now!"

Taken aback at my godly aura, Triton instantly regains his cool. As expected of a hero, his previously scumbag expression has been replaced by a serious look as he gets in a defensive stance with his trident. He may be an arrogant piece of shit but he still has the wisdom to not let his guard down.

"I didn't expect the rumored usurper to come himself! Father will certainly be pleased with your head. I wonder how you'll be able to fight my army and protect these women at the same time!"

His conch shell reappears and he quickly blows into it. A terrible sound comes from it which only aggravates the ocean even more. The ocean swirls once again before countless mermen soldiers begin surfacing as if on cue. The glint of their weapons shines against the sun and they start marching towards the buildings. Circe, her attendants, and my servants move to intercept them, holding their own weapons. Soon the sounds of fighting ring throughout the island. 

"You're overestimating yourself. They'll be plenty to take care of your trash."

Though I say this, I can't help but frown as the mermen keep appearing. This is definitely more than what was reported. At least two thousand have appeared and more keep joining the fray! I can only hope that my women will be able to protect themselves. Even as I say this, I can see Satan crashing through their ranks covered in an inferno while Asmodeus and Circe cast black magic to crush their hearts from afar. Meanwhile Kampe is being Kampe… As for me...I turn towards Triton.

Would Olympus really bring this many soldiers to gain the allegiance of a single island? I think of Circe. Just what can she do that'll make Olympus so desperate to either control or get rid of her?

Focusing on the batte ahead, I make quick work of his guards and shake my sword ridding it of their blood. He frowns at my speed but decides to ignore it. After all, those were just small fry! Brandishing his trident he shouts with a roar and charges in. I get into one of my sword forms and rush to meet his attack.

Our weapons clash and I can't help but be slightly surprised at his sheer power. Truly deserving of his 'hero' title. Our first attacks push the other back slightly and we begin our duel. We continue trading blows as we try to gauge the other's strength and poke a hole in their defense. Despite the disadvantage of thrusting with such a bulky weapon, Triton manages to maintain my speed and seems to push me back.

While I need to simultaneously attack and defend, he only needs to focus on attacking as his trident can reach further than my sword. Eventually, small cuts begin appearing on my body as his trident consistently barely sneaks past my defenses. I back up to the threshold of the ocean, with small waves brushing against my feet. Seeing this, Triton gives me a cold smile.

"You think you can fight me in the water? Don't you realize who your opponent is?"

"It won't matter."

"Kukuku! I like that! Tell you what, I'll keep you alive just long enough to watch me break your women!"

Ignoring his provocation, I step aside as Triton lunges at me. Keeping his momentum he dives into the shallow water. I raise an eyebrow as he seems to get a power surge after getting into contact with the water. His sea-green eyes have turned golden and the waves smash around his body, forming a water cocoon. His movements are even faster and he begins to cast magic in conjunction with his swings. Swirling orbs of water rise from the waves and begin launching themselves at me. Each orb packs the destructive power of a tsunami but they have yet to even slightly injure me. Confused, he stops firing his water balls and glares at me.

"How are you immune to my Hydrokinesis? These orbs have destroyed even Oceanus's gates before!"

"Oh, these? I couldn't even notice them they were so weak..."

"DIE."

His face turns ugly at my words and he grunts after I smash the hilt of my katana against his chest. Coughing, he once again takes out his shell, blowing his loudest call yet. I watch on calmly as the sea rises to an impossible height. Following the crest, he wills the very ocean itself to crash upon me. I feel several tons of water fall on me and my body is pummeled with the raging torrents of the ocean. So this is what the son of the God of the Seas amounts to!

Unfortunately for him, he still can't make me budge! As I wait for the ocean to calm itself once more, I hear the distorted laugh of Triton. Surely he doesn't think that killed me... Alas, it is so. He only gapes in shock at my perfect injury-free appearance, albeit drenched clothes. 

"Are we done playing? Or are we going to get serious?"

"N-n-no way. That was my strongest move!”He mutters silently before grinning crazily.

“Kukukuk or did you think I'd say that? Though you aren't normal, surviving something like that isn’t anything special. However, I’ve wasted enough time as it is! You should feel grateful that I'm using my strongest trump card on the likes of you!"

Before I can reply, he slams the water with a fist and chants a short incantation. The previously clear skies rumble and dark thunderclouds appear out of nowhere. The sea is once more in turmoil and even the mermen take a break from the fighting to nervously look at us. A muffled groan comes from the deep abyss and the water around the beach recedes leaving an almost 200 m dry area. The ocean cries out as lightning flashes and the winds pick up. All of a sudden, several large tsunamis are formed a little ways off from the shore. As they rush the island, I catch the sight of a monstrous creature rise from the depths of the ocean. 

It's roughly the size of the island we're currently on. Small black eyes sit high within the creature's scaled, angular skull, giving it a hideous appearance. Several small tendrils sit atop its head, just above its narrow, horn-like ears. Several small fan-like skin and bone structures run down the sides of its jaw lines.

Its nose is pointy and has two small, slitted nostrils and there's a small crystal growth on its chin. Bearded tendrils jut from its sharp chin. Rows of teeth the size of small mountains poke out from the side of its mouth and show a glimpse of the bottomless pit hiding inside. 

A thick neck runs down from its head and into a long, serpent-like body. Though I can't see it's full size, as half of it stays submerged. The creature's top is covered in crystal-like skin and a row of spiky fins runs down its spine.

Its bottom is covered in stone-like scales and is colored slightly darker than the rest of its body. Two highly disproportionate arms hang limply on its upper body. Each of its claws are still razor sharp and made of a crystal-like substance. As it looks at me hatefully, it opens its mouth and lets out an ear-piercing roar. It shakes even the sea itself and all the people on the island stare fearfully at it. Even Satan and Asmodeus can't help but gulp nervously at the sheer size of this monster. For obvious reasons, Kampe doesn't react like the others...

"HAHAHAHA HOW IS THAT. TREMBLE BEFORE NEPTUNE'S BANE, THE TERROR OF THE SEAS, AND ACCEPT YOUR FATE."

I'm sure he can't hear me over the ridiculously loud roars of this monster, but I still telepathically tell Kampe.

'You deal with this snake. I'll end this with Triton now.'

'Oh, you want me to transform?'

'Yeah this is a good chance for you to impress your cute juniors. Look how scared Satan and Asmodeus are.'

Though I say this, I can't help but frown at their reactions. While I thought they had gulped earlier, it was actually just Satan gulping in excitement. Anyone could recognize that look in her eyes... As for Asmodeus, she's just holding her ears from the pointless noise. 

A red light envelops the island and I see that Kampe has begun her transformation. Having no wish to see her monstrous form, I hold my katana out and advance on Triton. He's paying attention to Kampe however. I can't see it but by the audible gasp he makes, I assume Kampe has finished her transformation. 

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU! ISN'T THAT THE MONSTER THAT NEARLY KILLED UNCLE ZEUS MILLENNIUMS AGO? HOW IS SHE HERE!"

As he shrieks, the gale formed from Kampe's wings pushes almost all the mermen back into the sea. They too are petrified from the appearance of this legendary monster. Turning her attention to 'Neptune's Bane' she begins launching her attacks that seem to shake the world itself. As the two behemoths clash, I turn towards my prey.

"Do you really think you can afford to stay distracted at a time like this?"

I take advantage of Triton's distraction to attack him. He reacts in time to block my blow but it slices into his clear skin lightly. Looking disbelieved at the small golden stream flowing from his chest, his eyes cloud with rage. 

"AHHHHHHHH!"

He throws his trident at me. I easily dodge it but I see that he wasn't truly aiming for me in the first place. It strikes the ocean and forms a large whirlpool. The insane force and pressure of the water is enough to knock me off my feet. My sword falls from my hand and Triton cackles in triumph. Seeing my weakness, he quickly swims over and prepares to impale me. 

My feint works and I see he lowers his guard while focusing all his intent into a fatal blow. As he goes in for the kill, I materialize my sword from the dimension I had “dropped” it in. I take a blow in a nonvital area and grit my teeth as the trident pierces cleanly through my body. My golden blood pours out and I have to grit my teeth from the minor pain it causes me. Even if my body is made of a god, it still cuts cleanly through. While he remains distracted by my state, I slice my sword across his neck. Though resistant at first, the flesh in his neck eventually gives way as he falls into the sea. The bloody stump froths and bubbles until I see his head trying to reform. His hands are still moving about trying to kill me! 

His regeneration isn't too surprising and was expected. Though he isn't an Olympian, he's still the son of one. How could he not recover from a wound like this? Before he can fully heal, I grab his weakened body and toss him onto the island. 

Flying in the air, he lands in a painful heap against a tree. 

"Triton you'll be meeting your end. You only have your own luck to blame for this mess. Had you stayed away from this island or even come earlier you might have missed me and lived to see another day. How unfortunate it is for you to have come across me."

By now his head has fully grown back and he glares at me.

"I'm a god, you can't kill me! My blood boils knowing that you're also a god but I swear on the River Styx that I'll make you pay for every bit of humiliation I felt today!"

Shaking my head at his response, I pierce his heart and sever his limbs. Crying out in pain, he looks at me with fear. Though he might be able to regenerate his missing limbs and regrow his damaged organs, he can still feel pain. I activate my [Gluttony] and his eyes widen in fear. 

"No way...I don't want to die," he whimpers. He instinctively knows this mysterious black void can obliterate him from existence.

"I DONT WANT TO DIEEEE”

Coughing up ichor, he turns to me with desperation.

“FATHER MOTHER SAVE M-“

Before he can finish his last cries, the vortex swallows him. As the particles that were once known as Triton dissipate into the atmosphere, I hear the familiar sound in my mind.

[You have one notification!]

––––––––––––

A.N. soooo i've made a decision. rewrite of the first 10ish chapters will begin after i finish up with this world. now that i've fleshed out the story a bit more i'll have a better idea how to start it up. expect more detail on the tartarus part and i'll make him somewhat strong by the time he meets nyx. 

i also changed release times to 3 pm est. thanks for reading.

discord: discord.gg/KFfgsbr484

23