Between Jötunheim and Helheim
646 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first thing I realize is that my connection with my demon lords has completely disappeared. I try to contact them but it seems like telepathy isn't interdimensional. How unfortunate. 

I turn my attention to the small crowd that assembled before me. My arrival definitely sparked quite a bit of interest. Unfortunately, though I wasn't planning on immediately slaughtering the natives of this world, it appears these people aren't in any mood for conversation.

They're almost all human. Though I can see a couple of animal ears or features, most of them are plain humans without a scent of divinity. Contrary to my first glance, their equipment isn't so much shabby, but abnormal.

Case in point, their commander. The guy in charge has sparkling golden armor with chain mail ringlets underneath along with a helmet enveloping his head entirely in protective metal. I assumed it was more ceremonial until I sensed a strange power radiating from it. This power was rather similar to the auras I had felt from the weapons of the Olympians! 

The commander is surprisingly young. Several curls of blonde hair poke out of his helmet and he carries himself about with a large amount of pride. Even now, his chest is puffed up pompously and his face is covered in a slight frown. His expression is dark and he glowers in my direction.

"Identify yourself heteromorph! How dare a monster like you try to enter Kvivik!"

A strange-looking sword materializes and is pointed at my neck. Again, I sense that energy from this sword as well.

I take note of his words. Heteromorph? I frown in confusion. Must be the local slang.

While I'm pondering, the commander seems to take this the wrong way. Assuming that I'm being silent out of rebellion, the commander yells out an order to the rest of the posse. Lights flash as weapons begin to materialize.

A variety of weapons are now pointed at me. Swords, magic staffs, bows, you name it. I only sigh in response. These guys...

The man I knocked over upon my arrival has been long forgotten and the group moves in to entrap me. All around are the hostile gazes of these soldiers. 

Though I'm slightly curious why they're so full of animosity, I open one of my eyes after sensing magic being cast. 

As I suspected, a spell curves towards me. I guessed the intent of the magic staffs, but seeing a human without divinity using magic was still a sight to behold. From what I understood, only demigods could use magic, but this human clearly has no divinity. 

I grin as once again, the fact I'm in another world bounces in my mind. The spell harmlessly bounces off me. What? You really think that shitty spell could do any damage to a god?

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT" The leader is practically screaming in the magician's ear. The magician is a surprisingly strong-looking man but he quakes under the man's yelling.

"I-I-I don't know what happened! That was my strongest fourth-tier spell! It should've easily purified a heteromorph like him!"

While the magician gets berated, I begin channeling mana. Thankfully, the mana in this world is practically the same as the one in my old. It's still based on the concepts of mana cores and natural mana generation so I test out one of my dark-attribute magic spells.

The soldiers have begun their attacks and are yelling out battle cries, insults, and other nonsensical remarks. As soon as they reach within striking distance, their weapons raise and fall upon my motionless figure. 

I only watch as their attacks fall against my natural defense and scratch my head.

"That's it? Guess it's my turn."

I slam the ground with an open hand and mutter.

"Tendrils of Darkness"

A signature move taught to me by Nyx.

The ground begins to distort and black magic begins to creep out of a small chasm. Several tentacle-like feelers materialize and start wriggling their way towards the group of attackers. After sensing their presence, the tendrils shoot out in lightning-fast speed, grabbing over half of the soldiers in one fell swoop. Before any of them realize what happened, the tendrils pull back, dragging along all their victims into the chasm. They don't even have time to scream as they disappear into the darkness.

What surprises me is that some of their equipment remains. I clearly remember them being swallowed, weapons and all... Eh, whatever. 

The chasm closes and the commander, having survived the onslaught, steps back in shock.

"AHHHHHH FUCK. You goddamn hacker! Don't tell me you're a fucking elemental!"

He spouts a couple of unfamiliar words and I only stare at him coldly. "Hey bastard, what's up with this shitty greeting? Are all people in this world prick motherfuckers like you?"

The man glares at me with defiance, much to the chagrin of the other survivors.

"Bro...didn't you see what he just did. He's gonna kill us all!"

"Bro stop antagonizing him! Can't you see we're gonna get fucked!"

"He killed over half of us! And we all had at least top-class protective items! What the fuck are you thinking!"

"Monster!"

The commander glares at his men. "Shut the fuck up! Don't you have a brain? This guy's obviously hacking!"

He turns to me with a smirk.

"Fuck you! I'm logging off and reporting your dumbass. My uncle is a developer of YGGDRASIL, don't think you'll get away with it!"

Again, I have no clue what he's saying but this guy stirs a strange emotion inside of me. Annoyance? His arrogant words just rubs me the wrong way, so I teleport next to him and personally rip out his heart.

Strangely enough, he doesn't cry out in pain. Rather, he seems more surprised and even slightly angry.

"What? You broke through my Nemean Lion in an instant! You're disgustingly shameless! Not even the World Champion could instantly bypass a relic class!"

He slowly disappears into a distortion of the air while holding his middle finger out. After he's completely gone, a shower of blue particles floats down gently.

I'm a little bothered by his quick death, but I take my mind off of it while picking up a sword from the ground.

[Holy Sword of Brestot - High Class]

Hmm? Holy sword? I don't pay it much mind and toss it into my pocket dimension.

I walk over towards one of the other soldiers. The rest of the survivors have either fled or disappeared in the same way their commander did.

This one, however, just stands almost frozen. "FUCK. This stupid ass lag!"

He's muttering something in a distorted voice and I can see his figure shakily appearing and disappearing. Teleportation? It can't be, I felt no mana!

I walk over to the anomaly and grab him at his next appearance. He's still motionless and I lift him up by the collar. His armor clangs about at the rough treatment and he suddenly focuses back on me. His eyes widen and he gulps in fear.

He makes a movement with his hands, that I only brush off as an attempt to escape. Strangely, I hear the faintly audible sound of a robotic voice saying "cannot log out during active combat" or something.

I look at my captive and give him the meanest expression I can think of. Belphegor's face after I woke her up in the middle of her nap to fetch me a bucket of Styx water...I ask the man. "Where is this."

He sweatdrops. "What?"

I stare at him pointedly. Is he being a wiseguy? "Where is this place."

"*cough* Huh? Didn't you come here on purpose?"

I frown at his behavior. Awfully relaxed for being held up in the air...Doesn't he realize that I literally hold his life in my hands? How prideful can you get!

"Don't make me ask again or I'll snap your spine in half."

"Jesus, calm down! I'm not sure what you want but this town is called Kvivik."

"Where is it located?"

"Jotunheim."

"Jotunheim?"

"What? You don't kn -" I squeeze his throat. "I'M SORRY AHHH FUCK I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT PAIN ON"

"Answer."

"*sniffle* Jotunheim is one of the human and demihuman worlds. Though I don't know why a hetero like you is here."

"Hetero?"

"Heteromorphs. Players who are more monster than human. They're usually in the heteromorph worlds like Niflheim. The closest heteromorph world is Helheim. If you want, I suppose I can give you directions."

I ignore his wording and nod. "Okay, just point me in the direction."

He glances down surprised. How he does this while being lifted several meters off the ground is beyond me. "Are you sure? From what I know, that world's a shithole. It's all gloomy and cold and one of those super guilds is based right on the border. They're full of cranky ass monsters like you and there's a rumor that they have a monopoly over half the world items in YGGDRASIL."

"What I want there is none of your concern. Just point me in the direction."

He points towards the north and I toss him to the ground. He groans in pain and dissolves immediately after being released. 

Ignoring the destruction of the town, I teleport on top of one of the half-ruined walls and jump off. My wings stretch out and I take to the air, and before long, the town of Kvivik becomes a small blotch in the distance.

----------------------

"SCREEEEEEEE"

An ashen dragon roars.

After flying around for a bit, I encountered my first monster in the new world.

This dragon is rather on the smaller scale, only reaching around 10-20 meters in length. But it's rather feisty and the vicious spines lining its back are covered in a dark liquid that I can only assume is poison.

It's able to use fire magic, but its flames are far too weak to cause me any harm.

Seeing its breath render no damage, it changes its attack method and just starts dive-bombing at me with its mouth gaping open, clearly trying to eat me whole.

Though I was planning on ignoring it, it's attacks are starting to get annoying. 'Doesn't this lizard bastard get tired?' I thought after its hundredth futile attempt to kill me.

I brush off another of its attacks and decide it's about time to put my foot down. I turn around abruptly and shoot a blast of dark magic at the dragon.

"Corruption."

The magic hits the dragon square in the underbelly. Though it looked shocked at first, its shock turned to a triumphant roar when it seemed to have no effect.

Then, a swirl of black lines appears on the body and the dragon stops moving. Without warning, the wings and other limbs are cleanly severed from the rest of its body and the dragon falls to the ground silently. Even with its mouth wide open, not even a shriek leaves. It's dead before it even knew it. 

What a pain in the ass.

That motherfucker was so weak it didn't even increase my levels!

----------------------

That stupid dragon wasn't the only monster that tried to attack me. Apparently, this forest I was flying over, was home to countless monsters and demons. One after another, they kept appearing and trying to kill me. I was going insane from how annoying this was. 

These brainlets! I'm clearly leaking my aura! Shouldn't they have that monster instinct that lets them know when they're completely outclassed? Or all monsters in this world battle maniac freaks?

While I curse these monsters, I begin to get frustrated at how long this travel is taking me. I've been flying for over a day and this forest has yet to end. Is it just me or is this world ridiculously large? Even at my top speeds, I have yet to reach the end of one singular forest. 

After another day of mindless flying and slaughtering, I finally come across the edge of the forest. I can see the vague outline of a semi-transparent border between what looks to be the edge of the forest and a frosty wasteland.

I'm a little impressed at the degree of weather control being displayed in front of me. On my side of the barrier, it's relatively warm and there's quite a bit of life around, regardless of the monsters. Ignoring their rancid stenches and magical presence, this side is nice and breezy. On the other hand, the other side of the border looks to be a desolate icy world, covered in darkness.

Even now I can feel the presence of something sinister and evil shrouded in the darkness.

Unknowingly, I get shivers at the very thought of fighting it. For the first time since my arrival in this world, I feel genuinely excited.

Without further ado, I fly across the divide. Instantly, I feel an intense aura envelop me. It seems that the barrier also hid the full extent of the aura of whatever was on the other side! Not to mention the rigid cold and frost that even my god body can feel!

Anyways, I'm staring at this abomination in the frozen land, that was definitely not there before. I sure as hell don't remember seeing this huge crater from the other side!

Floating in the air, with the icy wind whipping at my face, I'm staring down at a large indentation in the dark ground. Decrepit, stone/marble walls in a perimeter enclose a massive tomb, with two gaping holes serving as entrances. There are several smaller tombs located in each of the cardinal directions, each bearing resemblance to the main tomb in the middle.

But it's not just the size of the tomb that causes my ichor to boil in excitement.

I can sense many, many auras hidden in the tomb's depths. Though they fluctuate, the majority of them are many times stronger than the humans I had fought in that town. Even now, I can't shrug the feeling of something watching me. Or rather, several somethings.

As I gaze upon this monstrosity, only one thought comes to mind.

This.

This is true power.

----------------------

A.N. And the Overlord arc begins! To put a summary of the setting, this is YGGDRASIL before the transmigration or whatever. MC will be interacting with the NPCs prior to the summoning and I'll make it so that they're just as alive as they are in the anime. thanks for reading.

15