CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: WESTWOOD & WESTWOOD
435 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Going through the doors, Gabriel and Lucy arrived at a reception desk. Behind it was a professional looking young woman with brown hair.

“Is Dad in his office, Jamie?” Lucy asked the receptionist.

“Yes he is Lucy. I will let him know you are on your way in.” Jamie said while dialing her desk phone.

Gabriel followed Lucy to the side of the receptionist and down a hallway. On either side was empty offices, 2 on each side. At the end of the hallway on the left side office door held a plaque that read ‘Lucy Westwood – Talent agent’. On the right-hand office door was a plaque that read ‘Clint Westwood – Commercial Law’.

They entered the door on the right. An older man was sitting behind a solid oak desk smoking a cigarette. He was wearing tailored 3-piece suit. With a refined air and thick mustache. This was clearly an educated man, going by the large book cases behind him. Filled with all manner of books. When the man saw Gabriel, his eyes flashed with a look of recognition before going back to normal.

The middle-aged man stamped out his cigarette as Lucy and Gabriel entered. Walking around the desk his moves exuded grace.

“Hello Gabriel. My name is Clint Westwood. It is a pleasure to meet you.” Clint said while reaching out to shake Gabriel’s hand. The name ‘Clint Westwood’ was not an unfamiliar name to Gabriel.

Clint Westwood was a man in Gabriel’s past life that had tried to go after Braxen Co in court, for a number of criminal infractions. Gabriel even tried at one point to reach out to Clint, when Gabriel was having numerous run ins with the Braxen family. Unfortunately, Clint Westwood ended up dropping the case against Braxen Co and shortly after went missing.

Gabriel looked at Lucy now and thought that her disappearance in his past may have had to do with her fathers too.

“Hello Mr. Westwood. It is nice to meet you too. Lucy has given me a rough idea of what you are looking for but if you could give me more detail that would be great.” Gabriel said while giving Clint a firm handshake.

“Please”. Mr. Westwood gestured to a seat in front of his desk.

“Okay. Let me give you a run down on my credentials first. I used to be the head lawyer for Braxen Co. Handling mostly commercial law for them but I also had to defend them a couple of times in criminal court too. I left for... personal reasons.” Mr. Westwood paused on ‘personal reasons’ while giving Lucy a brief look which didn’t go unnoticed by Gabriel.

“I have handled talent acquisition contracts, business take overs, property buy outs among many more. I started this business with Lucy, she will be the main face of this agency. If you decide to join us. She will be your main point of contact. Lucy will handle all your social appearances, media presence, advertisement deals and help with most of your out of game schedule. I will be in charge of any legal matters” Mr. Westwood explained clearly.

“That is all standard boiler plate. What is your percentage and how long are the terms of the contract?” Gabriel asked. Everything seemed standard but Gabriel couldn’t shake this feeling that this agency was a cover. A cover Mr. Westwood was using for something big.

“The contract will be for one year to begin with. We hold first right of refusal on any new contract after the 12 months has finished. We will take 10% of any payments for live appearances and 5% of advertisements or TV deals. How does it sound?”. Mr. Westwood asked with his hands folded on the table.

Gabriel stared into Mr. Westwood’s eyes in silence for a good 30 seconds. Lucy to the side, who was watching the staring match started to frown. She didn’t understand why they both had stopped talking. Gabriel then turned to Lucy.

“Lucy, can you give your father and I a moment in private please?”. Gabriel said while flashing the most charming smile he could muster.

Lucy looked at her father who had a small smirk on his face and gave her a nod.

“Okay. I will be back in 5 minutes; I will get us all a coffee...” Lucy said as she left the office.

Gabriel decided not to beat around the bush. Gabriel leaned back in his chair. He adopted a care free and slightly lazy tone.

“So, Clint. I can call you Clint right. You know who I am don’t you?” Gabriel asked, his tone sounded like the answer was no big deal.

Clint’s smile deepened. As he leaned back in his chair too and lit up another cigarette.

“I would say so Gabriel Darganov or should I call you Gabriel Bra...” Clint didn’t get to finish as Gabriel put up a stiff hand to stop him.

“I would prefer if you do not complete that sentence. Now I believe you have an agenda of your own and I think my own might run along the same lines. I will tell you now if you give me a 100% of your trust and honesty. I will give you the same. But, if I ever feel that you have betrayed me, it will not end well for you” Gabriel said in his same care free tone.

However, Gabriel’s eyes were shining menacingly as he stared at Clint. The purple started to leak into his irises, giving off the feeling of an immediate threat. Clint looked in Gabriel's eyes and thought ‘this young man is a dangerous one; it feels as though he has spent years being bathed in blood and gore. There is only one other man who makes me feel like this’.

“I believe we understand each other perfectly. We will have many things to discuss in the future I believe. However first let’s get to signing some paperwork”. Clint said while standing up to give Gabriel another handshake.

Gabriel gave him a smile and accepted the hand. Lucy walked back in at the moment and saw the two shaking hands. She walked over quickly and looked at Gabriel.

“You accepted!?” Lucy shouted in excitement.

“I have.” Gabriel said with a smile.

They all sat down to go through some formal paperwork. Gabriel looked over every line and it all seemed standard boiler plate. He signed where needed.

“Okay. Now that’s over. I am curious if you have already heard the rumors about the currency in D.O becoming backed by the central bank?” Clint said while adopting a serious business like attitude.

“Yes I have. I actually managed to hear it a little while ago and have been preparing for it ever since.” Gabriel replied.

“Excellent, I believe you plan to change some of your currency to US dollars then. Tell me how much you are planning to exchange, 100, 200 Gold?” Clint asked as he bought out a ledger to write down figures on.

Gabriel flashed a cocky smile at Clint.

“4500 Gold. I also want to clear my family’s debt and look at purchasing a new house for them. I also want you to look at purchasing me a high-end apartment, with a large training room somewhere near here for purchase in about 3 weeks. I would like to purchase my parents a house first though”. Gabriel said

Clint looked at Gabriel in shock. Clint had been keeping up to date with all the latest info on D.O. He knew from reliable sources that the super guilds who have thousands of members already, have maybe half as much gold as Gabriel does. Clint stared hard at Gabriel for a moment his smile getting wider. While Clint thought ‘I guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree’.

Lucy was equally surprised by the number, as with the current estimates. The price of one gold will start at close to 250 US dollars, at least for the first few weeks. The super guilds were predicted to try to snap up as much gold as the market can handle. If Gabriel sold all 4,500 Gold, he would stand to make a little over a million dollars.

“Hmm at that amount to not bring to much attention I recommend you sell in 1000 Gold amounts at different times. How does that sound? Lucy will also handle looking for the properties for you.” Clint said after running through some numbers on his ledger.

“Sounds good. Now for the time being I still do not want my name attached to my character [Osiris]. I have already had a current deal with Krypto Entertainment for my videos. They currently only have one more to show tonight. I was planning to send them my recent adventure after getting permission from the party I worked with. Krypto Entertainment is the only company I am willing to deal with when it comes to posting my videos. This is not negotiable. I have my reasons; I hope you can trust me in this.” Gabriel further explained.

“Although I don’t understand as there are larger companies out there who can offer you more money. We will abide by your wishes. If you don’t mind though I will handle talking to them from here on out and please ask the party from your recent adventure to contact me. If they will be people you plan to work with more in the future. It is best they come on board as well.” Lucy said.

“Then we are in agreement. Gabriel if you can please return in two days, I will then help you with your exchange of Gold.” Clint said while standing up to shake Gabriel’s hand farewell.

Thanks for taking the chance on us Gabriel. I promise to not let you down. I will work on looking for houses for your family asap. Is there anything else I can help you with now?” Lucy said while beaming in excitement.

Gabriel was about to reply with a no when the memory of a Japanese woman flashed through his head.

“Actually, there is a woman called Minoko Tyaji. She was two years our senior at West-point college. Could you get in touch with her for me and arrange a meet?” Gabriel asked Lucy.

“I don’t think that will be too difficult. Why do you need her?” Lucy questioned, while giving Gabriel a soft glare.

“Ha. It’s not what you think, I just want to hire her as my PA, I owe her older brother a favor”. Gabriel laughed before explaining.

“Alright. If that is all I best get going. I still have plenty of things to do in D.O” Gabriel said while heading for the door.

“Not a problem Gabriel we will handle everything on our side and we will see you in two days. Contact us if you need anything” Clint said while waving goodbye.

Gabriel left the office with a skip in his step before grabbing a taxi to go to his dad’s training center. Gabriel had scheduled a training session with Wayne the Texan.

After arriving at the training center Gabriel saw Kristof at the front entrance. He seemed to be having heated phone call. Gabriel got out of the taxi and walked over. Kristof ended the phone call after seeing Gabriel.

Gabriel didn’t manage to hear any of the conversation but if he went by Kristof’s face it was nothing good.

“Hey pops. Is everything okay?” Gabriel asked Kristof when he arrived by his side.

“Ahhh it’s nothing much mate. It was your mother. She has quit her position at the supermarket. She says it was because she didn’t want to work there anymore but I think it’s because of that seedy manager of hers” Kristof explained with a heavy sigh.

“Don’t worry Dad. I know times are tough right now but I have somethings in the works. I will be able to help real soon.” Gabriel said while patting Kristof’s back.

“Ahh don’t worry about us boy. These are our problems and we will get through them like we always do. Now head inside Wayne is waiting for you. I will meet you at the car when your finished” Kristof said with a forced smile while ushering Gabriel on.

Gabriel just smiled back and made his way inside. He went to one of the rent-able training rooms and found Wayne there.

“HAHA! Its about time boy. Are you ready for an ass whooping!” Wayne laughed out loud.

After an hour of training with Wayne, Gabriel was laying on the ground as he tried to get his breath back. He was bruised and scuffed all over. Wayne was a man of his word and proceeded for the last hour to beat on Gabriel something fierce.

“Did I do something wrong Wayne. You seemed awfully eager to punish me today.” Gabriel queried.

Wayne threw a towel at Gabriel and responded.

“You broke your promise to me boy. My little princess has been playing that game for a week now and she hasn’t mentioned once about meeting you. All she has been talking about is some hooligan dressed like a Viking of old constantly “bumping” into her” Wayne explained while making quotation mark when he said bumping.

Gabriel felt a light go off in his head. As he looked at Wayne in surprise.

“Your daughter’s character name wouldn’t be [Lil Tiger], would it?” Gabriel asked.

“Yeah, that’s it! That is my nickname for her and she said she used the same name in game” Wayne replied.

Gabriel slapped his head and laughed out loud.

“Hahaha. Well, it looks like I didn’t break the promise then. I am that Viking hooligan who keeps bumping into her.” Gabriel said after he finished laughing.

“Oh well that is alright then. I thought it was some little sh*t following my daughter and trying to take her purity or something. Make sure you keep your word then. I understand you can kill people in that game. So, if you see any boys creeping on my daughter stick something sharp into them will ya?” Wayne said, while making stabbing gestures in the air.

“No problem, I’ll do that but honestly your daughter is quite powerful herself in D.O. I think she can handle herself. “Gabriel replied.

“Well of course she is capable. She is my daughter after all. Doesn’t mean she can't get into trouble though. Sarah is far too trusting.” Wayne lamented.

Gabriel just laughed at Wayne while he wiped the sweat off his body. He bid farewell to Wayne and made another appointment in 4 days' time.

 

After meeting Kristof at the car, they headed home. Gabriel had a late lunch with his Dad and Max, who was home for the weekend.

 

Gabriel then entered his room and jumped back in D.O.

 

20