CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT: GUILD TOKEN
415 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gabriel and [Lil Tiger] dismounted at the city’s gates. You couldn’t ride through the city, unless you had special permit or were of a high standing, like a noble. Gabriel ordered the first free carriage he saw and paid the coachman an extra Gold coin to head at the fastest speed.  

 

 

Gabriel checked the duration left of the [Cyclops Eye].  

 

[Jar of Keeping - [Cyclops Eye] - Duration until decomposition 2 hours and 12 minutes] 

 

 

Arriving at the Alchemist shop after twenty minutes, the pair walked inside. Gabriel approached the service desk and saw the same young man who served him earlier, standing behind the desk.  

 

 

“So it’s you. Given up on the job? I told you it was foolis..” The young Alchemist began but was cut off by Gabriel slamming a jar on the desk.  

 

 

The squished in pupil was face towards the Alchemist, who looked at it, his complexion paled slightly.  

 

 

 

“How on [Jupiter]’s name did you managed to get that?” The young Alchemist asked in a shaken voice.  

 

 

Gabriel didn’t give him an explanation and slapped down the job order paper next to the jar.  

 

“If you would please hurry, the [Cyclops Eye] has only over an hour before it decomposes.” Gabriel said, his intense glare signalled the Alchemist to hurry up.  

 

 

“Of course, right away. This is a request from [Master Alchemist Archomedus], I will send a message to the Imperial palace.” The young Alchemist said, as he pulled out a small clear round ball from beneath his robes.  

 

 

He looked to infuse mana into the ball, filling it with a blue glow. Speaking a hushed sentence into the ball, Gabriel couldn’t make out. He only waited a moment before the ball glowed blue again and the young Alchemist received a reply.  

 

 

“I have received a reply and [Master Alchemist Archomedus] will be on his way personally, they should be here in fifteen minutes. Do you mind if I inspect the [Cyclops Eye]? I have never seen a remarkable ingredient before.” The young Alchemist asked Gabriel without taking his eyes off the jar.  

 

 

“Be my guest but don’t touch the jar.” Gabriel replied.  

 

 

Gabriel looked around the Alchemist shop and noticed a fair few Players and NPCs were looking over at their interaction. Most of the people in the store, have rarely seen the bored Alchemist behind the desk be so excited. [Lil Tiger] was still with him but wasn’t paying attention to his conversation with the Alchemist. She was staring at a jar that had a spider like creature in it, she was poking the jar repeatedly.  

 

 

“[Lil Tiger] it’s not alive and even if it was, it should be in a sort of stasis from the magic in the jar.” Gabriel informed.  

 

 

[Lil Tiger] noticed Gabriel was knowledgeable about the item in the shop and pelted him with questions about all the different items on display. Gabriel was just explaining what you could make with the toes of an [Ogre], when a shout from the desk interrupted his explanation.  

 

 

“By [Freya]’s pert ass!! This was from a level 35 [Cyclops]! How on earth did you defeat this beast on your own?” The young Alchemist cursed; his face was staring at the eye in the jar mere centimeters from the surface.  

 

 

All the patrons in the Alchemist went silent and stared at Gabriel with awe and intrigue. The NPCs because they knew what a feat it was to take down a [Cyclops] not including how rare they were. The Players were interested because they received a notification about a semi-famous Player earlier that moment. The details were of him soloing a [Cyclops]. The unknown [Osiris] had finally been seen. The Players turned on their game, took screenshots or PM their friends.  

 

 

Gabriel gave the Alchemist a glare and looked around the shop. ‘Well it was going to happen sooner or later’. Gabriel thought to himself. He knew a few of the Players in the crowd would be Guildies and should have already sent a PM to their Guild. Before anyone could approach him though. The sound of a troop of horses was heard outside. Gabriel saw through the entrance, a mounted troop of Imperial guards in red and gold armour escorting a carriage.  

 

 

The carriage pulled up front, the door opening with a bang. An old man jumped out; he was wearing opulent purple robes with silver [Runes] inscribed all over. A bald had and long grey beard that reached his knees completed the outfit, looking like a typical old wise man or scholar. The man appeared old but was spry and basically jogged into the entrance of the Alchemist shop.  

 

 

 With long strides, the old man reached the desk quickly. He picked up the jar and inspected it from multiple angles. A large grin spread on his face when he finished the inspection. With gleaming eyes, that belonged on a younger man’s face, he looked at the Alchemist behind the desk.  

 

 

“I am [Master Alchemist Archomedus]. Where is the person who brought this [Cyclops Eye]?” [Archomedus] asked. His voice slow but powerful, leaving no room for an argument.  

 

 

 

The young Alchemist appeared too nervous to bring forth a sentence and simply pointed at Gabriel. [Archomedus] followed the finger and saw a well built young man.  

 

Dressed head to toe in armour. Most of his head was covered with a helmet in the shape of a raven, with its beak covering his nose. A long intricately platted beard hanging underneath the helmet and piercing purple eyes. With his red and white feathered cape, slightly moving in the breeze coming from the open-door way, added to the impressive sight. Gabriel cut a pretty incredible figure standing next to [Lil Tiger] and with her small height. It only helped to emphasize his overbearing presence.   

 

 

“Well done lad! I can already tell you have the makings of a fine hero. Maybe even one day being a [God’s Champion]!” [Archomedus] praised as he carried the jar over and patted Gabriel on his armored shoulder.  

 

 

 

“Thank you for the praise [Master Archomedus]. I will admit, I used a small amount of luck and trickery to defeat the [Cyclops]. I did not defeat it with my own strength.” Gabriel explained, he knew that when it came to talking to powerful NPC’s being humble was usually the best way to go.  

 

 

“Nonsense! Luck and well thought out plans to trick an opponent, are all a part of a person’s strength. Now follow me outside, I will give you your reward in my carriage, away from prying eyes.” [Arhcomedus] said, as he looked at the many eyes of the crowd.  

 

 

Gabriel nodded and followed the Master Alchemist towards his carriage. He gestured to [Lil Tiger] to wait for him outside. When the pair excited the store, a crowd of Players and NPCs alike had gathered around at the sight of the mounted Imperial guards. The guards remained stony face and had made tight circle around the carriage. Moving to the side slightly to create and opening for Gabriel and [Arhcomedus] to enter the encirclement.  

 

When in the carriage, [Arhcomedus] put the jar in a large box covered in shiny runes. [Arhcomedus] saw Gabriel looking at the box.  

 

 

“This is an [Advanced Stasis Box] it will help keep the [Cyclops Eye] fresh for a couple more days. It is worth a bloody fortune because of all the runes needed to inscribe one.” [Arhcomedus] explained.  

 

 

“Now onto your reward my lad. I don’t have too much in the way of monetary rewards, as I spend mountains of Gold on my research and potions. I do however have quite a high position in the Imperial palace. With the influx of you Travellers, the Emperor has decreed that you may own land now, to officially register your Guilds. Because of the difficulty and importance of my job, I was able to request a [Guild Token (Platinum Rank)] for a reward.” [Arhcomedus] explained, pulling out a shiny black and gold badge and handed it to Gabriel.  

 

 

‘Score! I can now sell the [Guild Token (Gold rank)] that I got off the [Cyclops] and use this for myself.’ Gabriel thought to himself. 

 

 

“Thank you very much [Master Arhcomedus]. This is more than enough.” Gabriel accepted the token and put it in his inventory.  

 

 

“Don’t mention lad. With this [Cyclops Eye], I will be able to save a life most important to the Emperor. Now you can take that token to the City Planning building, they will show you the available plots of land you can buy to set a Guild Hall. I must make haste now. If you ever need me, show the Imperial guards at the palace this letter.” [Arhcomedus] said, handing over a letter with his seal on it.  

 

 

Gabriel thanked him again and got out of the carriage. It set off towards the Imperial palace with the mounted guards following along beside it. Leaving Gabriel standing in the middle of an open space, ringed by a crowd of onlookers. Everyone seemed to be staring at him, waiting for someone to be the first to approach. A tall Human male in steel armour approached Gabriel first.  

 

 

“Hello. You must be the famous [Osiris]. I must say I am quite the fan; I have watched your videos online many of times. I would like to offer you a position in our Guild, the [Templars].” The steel armoured male declared with confidence, emphasizing the name of his Guild.  

 

 

Some of the Players in the crowd mumbled in recognition at the famous Guild. Before Gabriel could respond though, three female Players approached him. Two were Dark Elf beauties and one was a Dwarf.  

 

 

“Just leave it [Light-Bringer], why would this strapping young man want to join a bunch of choir boys. He would much want to join our Guild, the [Hornets].” The taller of the two Dark Elves said, sticking out her well-developed chest.  

 

 

“Yeah! Why would a bunch of horny virgins' interest [Osiris]? With his strength and good looks, he could do a lot better. He would obviously want to join a guild filled wall to wall with lonely beauties. Like ours!” The smaller Dark Elf declared with confidence, wrapping her arms around the stationery Gabriel’s biceps. 

 

 

“You bloody harlots! All your Guild is good for, is shaking your asses and tempting stupid men to do all the work for you. You lazy women sit on their corpses at the end of the day, reaping all the rewards and never lifting a finger!” The player [LightBringer] shouted back in retort.  

 

 

“Don’t be so pouty because we never offered you to join our guild. Your just not man enough for us. Now move along.” The taller Dark Elf said, with a shoo gesture to [LightBringer].  

 

She moved over to grab Gabriel’s other arm but was interrupted by a small hand and a flaming head of hair.  

 

 

“Begone Thots!!” [Lil Tiger] declared loudly, pushing herself in between Gabriel and the Dark elf women.  

 

 

As she was about to yell some obscenities at these loose women, in her eyes. Gabriel dislodged the smaller Dark Elf from his arm and put his hand on [Lil Tiger]’s shoulder. She turned back to look at him, he blasted her with a smooth smile and a wink. [Lil Tiger] faced the front, while the tips of her ears became red.  

 

 

“Okay ladies and [LightBringer], I want to thank you for the offer but I don’t plan to join a Guild just yet. When I do though, I will send you both a PM to hear your offers, okay?” Gabriel said, giving them all a gentle smile.  

 

 

He decided to be polite and keep his enemies a t minimum. Well at least for now. The Dark Elf girls cutely pouted and with a ‘hmph’ walked away, followed by their Dwarven female companion who remained silent.  

 

 

“Very well [Osiris]. If you do want to join a Guild, we can offer you great benefits and monthly salary. With your skills I imagine it won’t take long to become one of the higher-ups. I will be bid you and your lovely girlfriend a good bye today.” [Light Bringer] said with a warm smile before walking away.  

 

 

At the title of “lovely girlfriend”, [Lil Tiger] went bright red and looked around at the crowd. Noticing plenty of women with jealous glares and interested looks, NPC and Player females alike.  

 

 

“Hey [Lil Tiger], I need to go to the Player Bazaar and then work on my profession bit. Did you want to come to the Bazaar with me?” Gabriel asked, he brushed off the comment of “girlfriend’ as it was just a misinterpretation.  

 

 

“What!? Ahhh no, I have to hand in my quest to [Ishtar] and other things and stuff. So byeeeee.” [Lil Tiger] said in a rush and ran off into the crowd.  

 

 

Gabriel thought it was odd but didn’t truly understand women anyway and shrugged before making his way to the Bazaar. He planned to put the [Guild Token (Gold Rank) up for Player auction, bringing in a fair chunk of Gold. Then go to [Manius]’s workshop to work on some [Runes]. It was also time to get the bonus reward off [Manius] for the [Horned God] Witch quest. He didn’t know what it could be, as the players who cleared the quest got it from [Sergeant Brutus] and he offered different rewards.  

20