Chapter 30 Kidnapping?
2.2k 8 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kova Nact

Level One

Strength G-212 -> D559

Endurance H-199 -> D561

Dexterity G-220 -> D543

Agility H-195 -> D 524

Magic G-241 -> D-578

Magic-

-[Stellar Sheen

-Enchantment

-Light Element

-Chant - Brightest Night

   Golems Body

-Enchantment

-Earth Element

-Chant - Never Broken ]

-[   ]

-[   ]

Skills-

-Blessed Blood

-Potency of Elven and Dwarven Bloodlines have been enhanced

-Will gain the full benefits from both heritages

Four months have passed since the Evilus incident. I have been in Orario for half a year now and my Status has grown a great amount. My trips with Ardi and her party have allowed me to face stronger monsters and get the high quality exalia, not to mention all the drop items I’ve been given. At one point we even went into the middle floors, though there were three Level Twos that took most of the fighting then.

Sometimes me and Ardi would go duo, and we had a sort of competition for who could find a certain monster first. Though we looked for them for completely different reasons. Ardi was practicing Taming on them. Oftentimes she would dance around them and give them encouraging words with the occasional slap of the flat of her blade. She’d call them cute or strong then feed them some food, almost always it ended with her having to kill them.

It was off putting to see someone so gentle go from calling a monster a cutie pie to then cutting off its head and ripping out its magic stone.

For me on the other hand I would dissect them or try and learn common behaviors. I wanted to learn any weak points I could exploit.

Ardi did not like it when I did that, sometimes I thought we weren’t really competing and in reality it was just her trying to stop me from experimenting. Though I’m sure I was wrong, after all she always yelled about being first and needing practice.

There was a problem though, after reaching D level in my stats they had begun to slow down considerably. I went into the Dungeon nearly every day until I was exhausted or took a deep wound. Most of the time I would end up having to destroy the magic stones of the monsters because I couldn’t carry any more. Not that money was an issue, I barely even slept at my assigned room anymore, now sleeping in my Smithy while letting a batch of Ascent Paradise brew. 

I had even begun to let the monsters of the higher levels beat on me for a little to get my Endurance up more.

I needed a way to increase my gains that doesn’t devolve into spending dawn till dusk in the Dungeon, because while I could technically look for ways to Level Up now it would be a waste when there were another five hundred points to be filled in each of my stats.

I walked out of a place called the Travelers Inn, it was the home base of the Hermes Familia, who were known for doing odd jobs here and there. I had ordered a few things to give as presents to a few others.

Christmas wasn’t a thing here, but I still liked the idea of giving gifts to people that I cared about during winter. Luckily I was swimming in Valis so I didn’t need to be too frugal.

I took a back street heading back to my Smithy for the day. Weaving in and out of the different alleys I continued through the northern part of the city.

Then I heard a quiet murmur and a shuffling of a few feet. I ignored it as I usually did, but a few of their words caught my attention.

“Careful… Not wake her… to scream.”

“Not a… Mess with us.”

“Most people… Scared.”

Oh that wasn’t suspicious at all, I just needed to act like I didn’t hear some very ominous words about a girl screaming and how people were scared of these people.

“Ah fuck me,” I said quietly.

I followed the noise to another alley, I heard the people stop moving before I arrived, though I was being as quiet as I could.

Turning the corner with a knife in hand I came upon the situation, and froze.

There were four people, one of whom was asleep or unconscious. She was younger than me with long golden hair and an incredibly cute face.

The other three were the issue, One was a Prum carrying a golden tipped spear, one was a burly Dwarf who was carrying the girl, he had a large double bladed axe on his back, and the last was a tall beautiful elf that looked like she could pass off as a teacher in a magical school.

The problem wasn’t their race or the elves beauty.

It was that they were the top three executives of the Loki Familia, Gareth Landrock, the Vice-captain Riveria Ljos Alf, and the Captain Finn Deimne. I looked back to the girl and came to the obvious conclusion. That was Aiz Wallenstein, the person that I guessed was the Heroine of the Danmachi books. Was her backstory that she was actually kidnapped by the Loki Familia? Damn, tough shit then, not like I could do anything.

The three of them stared at me for a moment, and I at them. Then as the Prum opened his mouth I spoke.

“Ah yes hello. Sorry I’m blind and I got lost, can you please tell me the way to the nearest Jyaga Marukun stall. I just love their food,” I said.

Though it was obvious I was lying because I was staring wide eyed at the three of them and sweat was trailing down my face.

“This isn’t what it looks like…” The Loki Captain said.

“Looks like?! Is that a blind joke? Are you ableist? I take offense to you making fun of my vision impairment that made it to where I saw absolutely nothing that has happened in this alley, nothing at all,” I said emphasizing the last part.

I was stepping back now, intent on going the way I came and never speaking a word of this, well maybe I’d tell Hephaestus, and maybe Tsubaki too, Rose should know because she works for the Guild and someone should check up on the girl. I’m sure Ardi would get a kick out of the story too. John would… Meh, never mind about him.

“Don’t move, we can’t have you spreading false information,” Riviera said.

Was that a threat? Let’s just assume it was.

“Of course, of course I’ll just-” I threw a Sticky Bomb that was in my coat at them and was around the corner before I saw what happened.

“Get him!” Finn yelled.

“FUUUUUUCKKK!” I screamed as I ran down the street.

-A/N-

Cows don't actually have four stomachs, they have one with four compartments.

95