CH. 6 – Robots + my quirk = easy win
361 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today's the day when the U.A entrance exam happens. It's more than five AM. I'm waking on the cleaned beach. I can't say that I'm not amazed by this. Green Fanboy voluntarily cleaned the entire span of the beach. That's something I won't do… ever. Except for the pile he had put near the stairs, he's done cleaning the whole thing up. I can hear Izuku's shouts from here.

He didn't call me to pick up the metal wires, so I go here on the day he finished cleaning it all up, on the exam's day. "Izuku-san!" I shouted and waved to the person on top of the pile of trash.

"Ah! Mival-san!"

"Where's the wires!?"

"It's over there!" Izuku pointed at the way smaller trash pile.

I throw a choco milk box at him and shouted, "Thank you!" That'll at least make it easier for him to swallow the hair.

I take a look at all of the wires. Most of them are either aluminum or silver, it's hard to differentiate between the two. I take a fancy with copper wires, they are better than aluminum and silver.

I change the wool strings that are connected to my rings into copper wires. Each hand has two offense strings, two defense strings, and one grappling hook string. Offense strings are the thinnest, they're for piercing or slicing the opponent, they are on middle and ring fingers. The defense strings are a rope of five copper wires, they're on index and little fingers. The grappling hook strings are made to hold my weight, they're also good for defense, they're on my thumb.

I use aluminum too. They're wrapped on each of my limbs and my body. Their use is as an exoskeleton, protection, flight, and backup strings. As an exoskeleton to enhance my strength. As protection, I can move the aluminum string on where an enemy offense land and converge the strings there to reduce damage or increase defense. As flight, the strings I control can hover, if I use it on the wrapped strings on my body, I fly.

The bad side of this all is metal detectors… if I go through them I'd have to remove my strings….

Green Fanboy and Skinny Might had left. I'm ready to face the exam. I took a bus to U.A. I didn't see any green hair or whiteish hair around. I guess they hadn't arrived yet. I took a seat at the auditorium as I wait for the explanation that I already know.

The exam's the same. Fanboy still mumbles and engine legs complained. I'm in a different battle center than Fanboy and Explody, Battle center E.

"Okay, start!" shout Present Mic.

I fly above the crowd straight into the battle center gate. I'm the first one to enter and saw that there's a bunch of points—robots—for me.

«

New mission: [U.A. Exam's Best], be the first place.

Reward: [String Vision] sub-skill of [String Manipulation], see the strings the user can manipulate.

»

'Seems a useless skill…. I can already sense what I control.'

The first robots I saw had a team of six of them. Three one-pointer (monowheel) at the front, two two-pointer (scorpion) at the center, and one three-pointer (rocket launcher) at the back. I go straight to the ranged robot, a three-pointer.

The three-pointer shoot missiles at me. I blocked it with my four defensive copper strings. It might've been wiser if I dodged, one of the strings split from the explosion. I wrap the split string together. This will reinforce the string, but it's shorter than the other defensive strings. I do the same for one of the defensive strings on my other arm. I now got two defensive strings that'd be able to take the rockets head-on. I hope….

I fly behind the three-pointer and touched the robot. This is one of the requirements to control strings on other bodies. I sensed the wires inside of the robot. I ripped them apart and thrashed them to make the wires do more damage. I took the copper wires inside the robot and reinforced the defensive strings in my hands.

The two two-pointer had reached me and readied themselves to punch me with their tails. I jumped from the three-pointer to above the striking two-pointer tail. I touched the striking tail. I ripped the tail and use it to pierce the second two-pointer. I touched the first two-pointer and did the same as the third-pointer.

I fly to the second two-pointer and touched and ripped the tail. I orbit both of the ripped tails around me and send them to two one-pointer.

The third one-pointer continues its charge. I doge its shield-arm attack while also touching it and did the same as the three-pointer.

I orbit back the two tails around me like an electron in an atom. I can now control eighteen strings. I control two wires on each of the tails. I don't use grappling strings much, so I used one of the grappling string slots for the tails.

"Ten points," I said.

Some people who are still running outwards from the gate, watched me destroy six robots in a minute, made their mouths agape.

I send the tails to two one-pointer in the distance and I fly to one two-pointer a meter on their left. I touched it, ripped the tail, control all three tails, and send it to a three-pointer near the street's corner. "Seventeen points." I took the three tails and continue my slaughter.

My first time writing a fight scene!

19