CH. 8 – Quirk assessment test
359 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I arrived at U.A 1A class. I scanned the room, half of the people had arrived. I sat in the middle row, the first column from the door. I sat there peacefully… as peaceful as feeling the glare of explody. What does he think of himself hmm? I'll burst his ego when the U.A sports festival began.

For now… I'll use my new skill. I made an evil smile, which I cover with my hands to hide it. The new skill is called [Hinder Senses] it's a debuff type skill that blocks out one of the target's five senses.

To use the skill, I need to focus my eyes on the target, Bakugo. It just needs a glance. Then I think of what senses to block out after that, it applies immediately. Like now, I had thought about explody being blind and he started to shout, his head turning everywhere, he stands up and got tripped from going into a desk.

I laugh at his—not so accidental—misfortune. I canceled the skill when I had enough laughter for the day. Explody had suspected me and glared at me as if he's gonna shoot a laser from his eyes. I made him sit down and be unable to move with my [String Manipulation] quirk by targeting his clothe's strings. I had touched him when he was blocking my way to the classroom. His mouth could still move though, so I use [Hinder Senses] at my ears. That and I got an earful from Ida.

The classroom filled leaving aside three students. No, it should be two. I don't see Lil prev around, I guess I had replaced him. Motorized Calf had the no legs on table talk with very grumpy Explody, then Fanboy arrived, followed by Uravity making Fanboy blush. Caterpillar came… I mean Lazy Eyes came, asks us to wear PE clothes, and left us…. What an exemplary teacher. Ida shouts to follow him to the field because he had memorized U.A's map.

Once we change into PE clothes, Aizawa-sensei told us about the quirk assessment and why there's no entrance ceremony. Everyone was surprised, except me of course. Aizawa-sensei asked me—the top scorer on the practical exam—instead of Explody to demonstrate. I gladly accept.

"In junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?" said Aizawa-sensei.

"Around 58 or maybe 63 meters?" I forgot how much. No one remembers these things.

"Then, try doing it with your quirk."

I moved inside the white circular outline on the ground.

"You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle," said Aizawa-sensei.

I nod at him. I unwove my PE shirt's right sleeve. My PE shirt is different from the others, mine have a long sleeve while the others don't. I had requested this to U.A. so I could use my quirk without being half-naked. If they ask why I'll answer with that.

I made the string into a net that could store the ball inside ten centimeters above the ground connected to a three-layered string floating double my height in the air. I controlled the floating string to be as stiff as a steel bar and move the string net. The stiff string altered the net motion from straight into a circling motion.

After I accelerate it onto around a race car's top speed, I let go of my control of the string. I seem to get a feeling of forgetting something important. Well, there the ball flew.

Uhh… now I remember… the net is still attached to the ball… and it's still connected to my sleeve…. I realized this a bit late, my shirt's right sleeve is gone. I took control of the net and stop it before it continues to the rest of the shirt. The ball remains to fly because of the opening at the front of the net. After a few seconds, the ball landed.

"That is the most rational way to form the foundation of a hero," said Aizawa-sensei. He showed us that the ball had gone 1209.3 meters from where I stood. The demonstration took more than three minutes. Surprised noises came from the crowd. I could hear Explody undermining it and saying he could do better with his quirk. 'Sure he did,' I roll my eyes.

I wove back my PE shirt's sleeve. I had taken an online lesson on knitting, cloth making, and sewing to do this. If I'm not up for hero work, a fashion designer or tailor will do. That was my non-existent backup plan. I did this as Aizawa-sensei jokes the expulsion for last place and such.

On the 50 meter dash, I wrap my body with my PE shirt sleeve and divide all my 18 slots to it and finish the dash in 3.48. Ida had beat my score by 0.44.

On the grip strength test, I had ripped my sleeve's string that had wrapped around the gripping device leaving my sleeve torn. At least I can fix it myself….

Most of the rest is either me flying or me enhancing my strength with the clothes' strings.

I got first place. Told you, the fittest in class. I did "cheat" by using my quirk to enhance my strength and make the tests easier, but that's the point of this test.

Bakugo gonna strangle MC so hard after his "prank".

The calculation I use: 109 m/s, (±race car top speed) 45deg, initial height 1m = 1213m. Used this for the projectile formula. (I just googled projectile calculator)

12