CH. 10 – Combat training
282 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All Might permitted me and Momo on where to put the "bomb". We decided to put it on the roof, the furthest part from the roof entrance. We decided to put it there because it'll give us time to set up our defense and the enemies—electro and earphones—can't fly nor climb to the top.

"Weaver-san, I'll put a barrier on the door," said Momo.

"Got that. I'll trap the floor."

Momo can make anything from lipids (fats) while I can control strings. Momo did what she did in the anime, making iron plates and sliding them on the two bars she made beside the door. I use three of twenty steel-string balls on my belt and cover the whole roof with steel strings. For the "bomb" I used three more and covered it with steel strings. This is our last defense. When the heroes were to touch the "bomb", I'll control the wrapped wire on it to capture them, or at the very least, to stop their arm from touching the "bomb".

As we had discussed in the monitor room, I'll go on offense and Momo will go on defense. When the heroes got on the roof, we both will be on defense. We agreed on this as I can fly and see those heroes from the windows. I took flight and fly near the window to watch for the heroes.

I'm flying outside of the fourth floor of the five-floored building. The stairs can only reach two floors at a time, the heroes need to move from one stair at the end to another stair at the other end of the room to proceed to the next floor. Whoever designed the building needs to get fired. I'm viewing the entrance of the fourth floor from the corner of the fourth-floor window's corner, unseen from there, waiting for the heroes.

I'm making as less sounds as possible, I'm not even touching the wall to avoid Earphone's quirk. She probably did hear me jumping off the roof's ledge. If she did, they would be more careful.

The entrance door to the fourth floor opened a jar. It opened enough for a head to peek. It was Kaminari. "Clear," he said. Electro went first and move with caution. Jiro went second.

Jiro connects her ear attachment to the ground with her eyes closed and her mind focused on hearing the villains. She'd only hear Momo's foot near the ledge of the roof.

I hand signaled Momo that's leaning over the ledge to view me. We had agreed on three hand signals. For me attacking, for successful capture, and for when if a hero escaped me and headed to the roof. A… rock and roll hand, a thumbs-up, and a thumbs-down respectively. Right now, I'm giving her a rock and roll hand. She had given up on trying to change the signal when we were discussing strategies to defeat the two heroes in the monitor room. She nodded at my signal.

I fly myself in front of the window, giving the heroes a full view of me if they looked out the window. I stick out my hand and aim at the two with each hand. The right aimed for Electro, the left for Earphones. They aren't aimed for capture, they are aimed to trap them. I manipulate all the strings on my hands to shoot at them. The window clattered to pieces while the strings impale the wall. The heroes got nowhere to go. Electro managed to shout his partner's name, "Jiro!"

Electro readied himself and faced me. Earphone unplugs her ear extension and stands behind Electro. I saw Electro's eyes assessing me and the strings from my hand that was impaled into the wall. Not giving him the chance I throw two steel string balls at them thru the broken window. I directed each to unfurl and twist at each hero's body, capturing them. They both fell to the ground as I controlled the two steel strings that had captured them to reduce their mobility.

I flashed a smile underneath my visor as I hand signaled a thumbs-up to Momo. She smiled too and nodded. That's it! The heroes are defeated! They can't even fight back. I didn't give it the chance.

Then… a shock came from my hands and traveled to my body, electrifying me in the process. If this were a cartoon, I would've lit up like a Christmas tree. It's hard to move my head while electrified. I managed to get a look at what had happened. The little sh*t grabbed my bottom hand string that was impaled to the wall and use his quirk.

Before I blackout, I throw Earphones to the nearest string connected to my hand. Along with me, she got electrocuted. I Shoot the ten strings on my body to grab a hold of the window's frame to prevent injuries from falling to the ground. These are my last-ditch attempt.

 


Get up to ten advanced chapters on patreon.com/revonzev

12