008 THE FIRST GOD
73 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dining room, like everything else in this palace, was also large and spacious. The room was made with white marble and had tall pillars with ornate patterns carved on them which were decorated with glistening stones. These patterns themselves had a peculiarity as they were left behind by the first God or should I say, Goddess. These patterns formed a set of runes that the first goddess taught her disciples at the time of eternal winter and had the power to make the surroundings livable along with the added benefit of keeping the food fresh for a longer period. However, these runes had to be constantly supplied with magical energy and this was taken care of by the beast cores embedded in the pillars which looked like rubies. Moonstones were embedded in the ceiling which gave out a faint blue light that reflected off the white marble walls and made the entire room look like it was glowing.

John couldn’t help but admire the handicraft of the masons who made this beautiful sculpture of a building. Daymar looked at the awestruck John and smiled a little. John looked at Daymar and immediately looked away. ‘Such a beautiful woman! It’ll be rude for me to even look at her’ he sighed.

Daymar who saw this beamed even more widely, she pointed to a set opposite to her and spoke in a small voice as soft as a whisper “Please, come and enjoy the meal with me, I hope it’s all to your liking.”

John was mesmerized by Daymar’s voice. He looked at her dumbstruck, then moved to occupy the seat she pointed. “Sorry to keep you waiting.” He muttered in English this time trying to increase his brand value.

Daymar had already heard the report by Black, but she couldn’t help being amazed by the quality of John’s English. She smiled wryly due to her lack of understanding of the Gods’ language. “How do you know it? The God’s language.” unable to resist her curiosity she asked.

“What? You mean English?” John asked back.

“Yes. Ah, so the language has a name!” Daymar exclaimed.

John had doubts about Daymar. His experience had taught him that he can’t trust anyone he met blindly, so he decided to hide the truth from Daymar. “Mmm, where do I start. Ah, my name is John. I and my father lived in a small village at the heart of a desert. This language was taught to me by my father and he told me to never speak it outside. Some wild beasts attacked our small village and everyone was slaughtered. Me, being away from the village at that time was the sole survivor, so I set out north to find a haven as father had once told me that his forefathers were from the north. Alas, I was captured by slavers while tiredly wandering around the desert.” John faked a sigh. “What about you?” he continued.

“Ah! How rude of me! I am Daymar Knovell, the princess of this empire.”

“Sorry for my rude behavior your majesty” John immediately got up faking a bow.

Daymar laughed at this and continued “I’m not crowned yet, so drop you ‘majesty’. You can call me Daymar and let's be friends.” She gave out a wide smile. ‘somethings cannot be taken with force’ she thought morosely.

“O-Okay” John sat down carefully without making much noise.

“Um… can you… can you teach me the Gods’ language.” Daymar asked shyly, unable to hold it in anymore.

“Oh, English, of course. But could you tell me why it is called Gods’ language?” John asked back while taking what seemed like a chicken leg from his plate.

Daymar cleared her throat and looked John in the eyes and started talking “Let me see, hmm. Before speaking of the Gods’ language, we must first look into who the Gods were. This is an ancient story, no, it is the ancient past of the empire. In the beginning, this land was covered with snow. There was nothing that could be seen here except the whiteness of the snow that stretched around for miles. The cause of this snow was the white tower ruled by the evil ice elf. He had this artifact at the top of the tower which rained snow or the white blood as people called it. Then came the first God. She was a Goddess. No one knew when or where she came from but her worshipers said she was the daughter of the white moon. She reached out to the suffering people, fed them, trained them, organized them into an army and fought the night king. After years of war, she succeeded in bringing peace to the land. She established the Knovell kingdom and reigned it for 100 years before disappearing one day. She left behind a book written in her language which dealt with divination and rune patterns. She was afraid that the knowledge she left behind would be misused which was the reason why she wrote it in her language as she had taught it only to select a few disciples. The disciples were taught on the condition that they would pass the language only to one heir who they seemed fit. And so ended the era of the first God.” Daymar paused and she took a sip of wine to wet her dry throat.

John took a sip of the wine himself while staring at Daymar’s eyes in curiosity. The wine washed down the fried chicken down his throat and he felt satisfied. Resisting his urge to belch, John fixed his posture once again and looked at Daymar even more curiously.

0