013 THE BEAR-LIKE UNCLE
45 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dark clouds littered the barren sky and thunder rumbled across the horizons. Rain fell from the heavens to quench the thirst of the earth. It brought with it the scent of virgin soil. It made the usually quiet palace chaotic.

Soldiers assembled on either side of the boulevard with unusual vigor, even in this chaotic weather. It made John feel somewhat restless. It has been more than two weeks since he arrived at the palace. It was the first time he saw the soldiers acting with such caution. ‘This could be the premonition of something big to come.’ His heart muttered. He stared gloomily at the wide boulevard with grave anticipation.

Suddenly, out of the blue, the sound of the horns blown by the gatekeepers resounded loudly. A black chariot, pulled by four healthy horses arrived, cutting through the raindrops. It pulled over near the main entrance of the palace. The doors of the chariot opened slowly, and a muscular man got out of it. “Daymar darling…” a cry resounded from his throat before he even placed his foot down.

All the soldiers on either side of the boulevard bowed in reverence. Large drums echoed as they sang the chorus to the chaotic song of the rain. A figure clad in white sprang into the arms of the bear-like man who got out of the chariot. It was none other than Daymar! As for the man, even children of this presidency knew that he was the lord of this place, Count Thomas Kallavan!

Thomas was a tall, muscular man. He towered over the other people around him. His strong arms seemed capable of punching through walls. They gently embraced the seemingly frail young woman.

Daymar smiled happily at her uncle. To others; this man may be a vicious ruler, but for her, he was a fatherly figure. He was the person who raised her and made her the future empress. She dragged him by his arms like a little girl to which he smiles gently. They chirped and hurriedly made their way into the castle.

Thomas met John in the indoor garden. They chatted about various things which mainly consisted of his family details. Even though he looked scary, John was able to see a gentle side of Thomas as he was with Daymar. Thomas urged to do the magic evaluation of John after lunch.

Magic evaluation! The word itself was mystical. This process was used to find the native magic ability along with the elemental affinity of a mage. The native magic of an individual was the unique magic inherent in them. It is unable to mimic it using copying magic. An example of this type of magic would be the Stealth skill used by Black.

Elemental affinity was the ease with which an individual could control the elements. There were mainly seven elements which were wind, lightning, water, fire, earth, light, and darkness. Mages can usually manipulate one or two attributes. Those who could command more than two were less than a hundred in the empire. The only one who was able to control four traits simultaneously in history was the Grand Mage of the empire. He was the magic master of both Thomas and the Emperor, though everyone knew that he favored the former.

The magic evaluation is done using genuine Demonic Beast Crystals. The test is carried out by touching the Demonic Beast Crystal. The jewel will turn into a distinct color according to the elements while Unique Magic will be automatically activated. From this color, a skilled mage can easily deduce the elemental nature. They can also sense the type of unique magic used.

Thomas had brought a mage with him from the capital. It was none other than the granddaughter of his teacher and the genius mage of the empire. She was specifically brought in to instruct John in the ways of magic.

0