Ch.24 True Perfection
7.2k 14 225
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eridel’s design for his system was heavily focused on potential, something that would only  grow and grow until it became a behemoth-like existence whose existence was extremely beneficial to those it hosted.

 

His intent was for the system to be something that would be able to assimilate all knowledge it came across and take control of all subconscious events and complete them with the most suitable method and in the most perfect way with no mistakes.

 

For example, when evolving, there was always a chance of failure resulting in death or in some cases becoming some kind of eldritch abomination.

 

Eridel wasn’t against the existence of these abominations, but most of the time they ended up being a glass cannon, a ravenous destroyer or completely useless. But no matter how they turned up, they would eternally suffer soul deep pain and a complete lack of intelligence.

 

This ended up in them subconsciously seeking lives to alleviate their suffering, causing mass destruction if they were capable and being a complete menace to society. Nobody liked them and to be honest, neither did Eridel.

 

It was a little unfair since they ended up that way by accident, but it is what it is, nobody would care if you were an Angel before becoming a demon, just look at lucifer.

 

Eridel would at least tolerate the ones that had actual strength either to use them as whetstones or defenders, but the fact that they were always suffering just rubbed Eridel the wrong way so he got rid of them on sight.

 

But with the system, there was no longer any need. There would no longer be mistakes in evolution unless Eridel was feeling a little experimentative, in fact each evolution and mutation would be the most prime for results, never becoming a case where someone evolved but they didn’t really change much.

 

Even when it came to cultivation, unless you did something stupid or your cultivation technique was trashy or you got sabotaged, you would never suffer cultivation deviation.

 

A sinister phenomenon that occurred when something went wrong in someone's cultivation to the point it affected their foundation, at that point if not corrected quickly (something that took herculean effort), your entire cultivation would be wasted OR… you would gain a heart devil.

 

Something infinitely more terrifying to the point Eridel didn’t even want to think about it.

 

The point was, with the System, everything that was done mostly subconsciously, could be calibrated and perfected, granting the entire population perfect foundations. The only difference between people would then become cultivation technique, hard work and talent. 

 

Yet despite all this, this automatic calibration feature that already set the potential of this World ahead of many others was only 1 minor aspect of the system.

 

One of the bigger aspects of the system was the [Domicus Records]. Sounds a little familiar?

 

Well, if you combined the Domicus family name and the legendary Akashic Records, what would you get?

 

Yes, The Domicus Records! Eridel actually dared to covet something like the Akashic Records! A compendium of all universal events, thoughts, words, emotions and intent ever to have occurred in the past, present, or future in terms of all entities and life forms.

 

This is something that Eridel wanted to obtain and he had inklings on how to do so. But…

 

It was hard. It was going to be so hard.

 

Even when the System was complete and released on to his World, the Domicus Records would be nothing like it should be, it would need a LOT of time and a LOT of nurturing.

 

After all, the Akashic Records in it’s beat down form is a collection of all knowledge and possibilities. Something that knows EVERYTHING. The ideology of the Akashic Record was… true perfection.

 

Something that Eridel was actually trying to steer away from.

 

To an inventor like Eridel… the most disgusting, heinous, FILTHY, REPULSIVE AND 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 -cough- in existence, was true perfection.

 

True perfection meant that it could no longer be improved. There was no more need for ideas, hopes and dreams. No need for imagination. It is the ‘perfect’ outcome. An item, a result, the finished and FINAL product.

 

How disgusting.

 

Inventors always chased the idea of perfection because it was supposedly the greatest achievement possible. Flawless, peerless and inexplicable indeed but the true key point was the UNOBTAINABLE.

 

Inventors could keep rising, keep creating and keep dreaming if they chased perfection because there was something they hadn’t reached, something that was above them, something they didn’t even know existed but just it’s idea was so seductive to them.

 

But they must never have it.

 

Because if they did, that was the end.

 

A dilemma, conundrum and paradox.

 

To want yet not to want. That was perfection.

 

And to be fair, a lot of people were okay with the idea of stopping there, ending their life’s journey at ‘perfection’. It wasn’t a bad thing to be honest. It was just the end and all good things came to an end right?

 

But Eridel was not content.

 

He didn’t want ‘perfect’, he wanted… GREATER!

 

A HUNDRED TIMES GREATER, A THOUSAND TIMES GREATER, AN INFINITY TIMES GREATER!

 

That was why Eridel did a little something to the Domicus Records. Just a little… Tweak. Hehehe~

 

Thinking this, Eridel began to arrange the Laws in a petrifyingly intricate manner. Just looking at these runes caused Eridel of all existences- a headache and that was why this was going to be slow, long and arduous.

 

But it would be oh so worth it.

 

Just like that, years began to trickle like water. But that didn’t mean life outside did. The Dragons, Snakes, Elves, Humans, Fiends and other life forms were very much awake and very much free to do… anything.

 

What do you think could happen to these races in 127 years without Eridel’s supervision?

225