Chapter 25: Rory Mercury
545 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She was warned of the arrival of the living god 5 days ago. Rori Mercury had never heard her God so frantic and panicked before. All her god said was ' Beware the arrival of the living god.'. She had taken the advice to heart. The moment she met His eyes, she knew to be cautious. 

It wasn't well known, but the eyes are the windows to the soul. However, only powerful souls could affect their eyes. Her eyes occasionally showed the deaths of the wicked, her duty as an apostle of Emroy, or the love of relationships with friends and family, the domain she wished to pick when she ascended.

What she had seen in the eyes of the god was destruction.

The god that had descended was a god of destruction.

Not just destruction, there were hands and limbs, mouths, insanity... Chaos.

He was the god of chaos, she realised.

She walked calmly to the edge of the forest that surrounded the kingdom of Eden, her home town. She only stopped when she was around 5 meters away from Him. Rory stared at the boy who was around her height and felt a little strange. Sure, she herself was stuck in a body of a 13-year-old despite being 265 years old but she had not expected a god to look younger than her.

The god felt a little familiar to her. Perhaps his domains overlapped with Emroy's. He opened his mouth and started speaking in a childish voice.

" So, fledgling goddess, my name is Magnus. What is your name?"

The girl shivered as she heard his name, for some unknown reason, it aroused her. Tightening her grip on her giant battle-axe, she replied.

" My name is Rory Mercury, I am a demigoddess and twelfth apostle, an apostle of Emroy."

The god Magnus, stared at her and frowned. Rori swallowed as he seemed to study her.

" You... Are you bipolar?"

" Huh?"

Rori was confused. That was not what she thought a god would ask.

" I mean, your soul flickers the scenes of two completely different situations like it cannot decide. My eyes always show the chaos of the universe. Yours... flickers. So, are you bipolar?"

" I-I, don't know?"

She questioned herself. Rori was very confused but at least the god was not destroying her town.

10