Chapter 13: Arrival
1.8k 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  "Why is the baby so quiet... Is it normal?" worriedly asked the mother. 

  "It means that the child is special…" a man's voice could be heard behind the woman who was holding David.

  The man stepped forwards and calmly looked at the child. 

  "Vincent… this will be your name from now on, my son." the man said.

  'Alien language… If this is fantasy, then it's a really well done one." David was shocked a bit before calming down and starting to wonder.

  David opened his eyes and his heart shook.

  Suddenly, it was as if time had stopped. 

  Three people in the luxury room were as if they had become frozen. 

  He began to notice that light in the room from a few candles began to die down. 

  The light died down completely in half a minute, and David noticed that it was already midnight outside the window as the moonlight fell in the room.

  In the room that was covered in moonlight, David noticed someone else, or something… in the corner of the room that was covered in darkness.

  It looked like two round white eyes that were locked at little Davis's body.

  For some reason, David's body began to shiver as he looked into the corner of the room with his red eyes.

  David didn't notice, but right at the moment when he was looking at that, the entire world was in a panic. All kinds of animals and beasts were howling and roaring at the sky. 

  The entire planet began to be covered with blood-colored clouds. Then, the thunder sounds began to be heard in every corner of the planet, but there was no lightning. 

  "What… is this? I don't remember such a thing happening before." the old woman looked outside of the window from the ice-like made huge palace

  "I can feel that something big is going to happen in the future that might affect us all." an old woman turned her gaze from the skies before looking at a little girl that just woke up.

  "Grandma, what are those sounds? They're scary." The girl was around only 5 years old. She had blue hair and blue eyes.

  The old woman had long white hair and a face with wrinkles, but everyone could tell that in the past she was a very beautiful woman. 

  She patted the girl's head and said,

  "Don't be afraid sweety." an old woman smiled.

  "Are you again having a bad dream?"

  "No. This time was different than before." The girl smiled happily, but then her eyes teared. 

  "Oh.. can you tell your grandma what you saw?" the old woman said with worriedly narrowed brows as she looked at the girl.

  "Emm… I was on the high cliff with my prince, we tightly hugged each other and then…*sob*.. jumped down...*sob*.." said the girl as she began to cry strongly. She tried to wipe her tears but she sobbed so hard that she started choking, frightening the old woman a bit. 

  ….

  Basically everywhere were scenes like that. People were scared and confused, some were even… ecstatic as they thought the apocalypse arrived.

  ….

  David locked his red eyes on that being without blinking.

  It was quiet, too quiet in the room as if all sounds in the world were gone.

  "...David...Strom.." this ancient voice sounded as if it came from everywhere. It was hard to tell what gender it belonged to.

  'If it's really a fantasy, then I've definitely read too many fantasies in the past.'

  "It's real life, little David, or...Vincent." the being with white eyes said in Vincent's mind, making him jerk slightly.

  '...What are you?' Vincent closed his eyes in an attempt to calm down and asked in his mind.

  The thing slowly walked out of the dark corner towards the window.

  It was a humanoid-like person,  but it has no features such as a mouth, nose, hair, nails, or gender. Its body was almost transparent, and only its shiny white eyes could be seen properly. 

  It stood in front of the window before turning at little Vincent.

  "For you a 'God' I guess."

  Vincent already had such a wild guess in his mind, but still... 

  He, who once already died, didn't care about the so-called 'Gods' that allowed his Alina to go through that hell. Vincent his eyes before opening them again.

  "Why am I here? I don't believe a 'God-like being will be so bored to bring me here without a reason." 

  "Calm and smart, that's one of the reasons I've chosen you. I've spent too much of my 'divine essence' to bring you here from your world." the so-called 'God' turned his gaze back to the window and said.

  "I need you to help me with something when you will be ready. You will know more about it in the future. I will place a unique seal on you that will slowly begin to nourish your body with "world essence" around you and also this little gift of mine." 'God's' didn't turn to look at Vincent and just pointed his left hand at him.

  Vincent's body began to shine with white light from inside as if under his skin was some source of light, and he also could feel some sort of transformation on an atomic level. He saw the so-called seal created on his right hand. It was like a blood-red star before it vanished from his sight. 

   "Just close your eyes and concentrate on the mark left by me on your hand and you will find details. I'm very weak right now... I'll be looking at your adventure, child, but would not interfere anymore. I will be waiting for our next meeting, Vincent." the 'God' said with a weak tone, and his transparent body began to fall apart as he turned to look outside the window. It looked like a person that was made from sand and was crumbling under strong wind. 

  

  The moment 'God' vanished, the light came back as well as time was restored. Red clouds also vanished and the world came back to normal. Animals and beasts also stopped roaring in the skies from fear.

  

  "It's good that you are different, Vincent. Your mother did a good job. When you grow up a bit…" his father looked at Vincent's calm red eyes that also slowly looked at him, making him feel uncomfortable. 

  'I might still have a chance with that method, and if you will overcome it… my Teren Empire with my lead will not be in such a state anymore. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten. I promise you, my child.' Mark Terren said to himself and turned to look outside the window. If his little experiment succeeded… He began to imagine the new life he will be living, with such a strong and… brainless warrior beside him. If Vincent will manage to go through it.. he will obtain bones strong as steel, but a web with a high chance will lose himself from pain.

  Vincent was given to his mother's arms.

  "Little Vincent, I'm your mother, Anna Myers. You also have an older sister, Annie Myers. From now on you will be Vincent Myers." Anna looked at her little baby and began to be worried. She never heard that a child can be this quiet after birth. 

  "Raise him well. When he turns 5 years old, I will take him with me to the castle for some matters, oh and I will visit you soon, in a few days into your room, so be prepared." Mark Teren turned his gaze from the window towards his gorgeous servant-girl that had just given birth. His eyes began to shine with lust as he locked them on Anna's big half-revealed chest. 

  Anna Myers was an orphan and of a common background. She is working in a luxurious restaurant, and it was only because of her beauty. 

  One day, Anna was very unlucky, as she was noticed by the Emperor who was sitting in the Imperial carriage from outside the restaurant. 

  She was invited inside the carriage. She basically can't reject it. 

  What the Emperor did to her in the carriage that day, haunted her in nightmares. 

  Mark makes her his servant-girl (basically a sex slave) and brings her to his imperial palace.

  Her job in the palace was one, only one. To be his manual whore, who will spread her beautiful legs at his first call. 

  She has a little daughter that is only 3 years old. She Is not her blood child, but the child of her dead sister that passed not long ago from sickness. Anna adopted her. Without Anna, she would be doomed. 

  Mark loves to see fear in the woman's eyes. To conquer them, show them their place. He was a sick bastard who loved to torture women for self-enjoyment. But he didn't show this side of himself towards his Empress or concubines. But they all know about it. Most victims are the palace maids or random women he will bring from time to time from outside.

  Anna has to endure for her. She has to… 

  After a week of hell, her body was full of bruises, there were so many that she needed to wear a hood to hide her face. After another week, Anna noticed that she was already pregnant.

  Anna was scared, but also hopeful. With her pregnancy, Mark might leave her alone, and there is even a possibility that he will forget about her. And it was true… somewhat.

  But her pregnancy now is over… 

  Vincent looked at them and understood what was going on. 

  He saw those eyes before in those two animals from Earth. He even understood their language. It was one of 'God's' gifts. 

  This language is named simply "World Language".

  Vincent felt his mother's arm start to shiver after Mark's words. He turned his calm red eyes to Mark.

  'Looks like this world has enough sick animals too… I need to grow up fast. Find information about this Empire and the territory around it. Also, I need to find special locations filled with various elemental essence. But for now, I need information about the Teren Empire, then I will milk clean this 'Teren Empire' before taking Anna and Annie with me. Even though I had just begun to know them, they are my family. I will not leave them. And more so, after the first seal will be unlocked… I will receive something called a "Compact World". If my suggestion is correct, then it should be like our world, but a very little version of it. In that case, I can travel by myself with my family hidden in the "Compact World". And what about this Mark… this is obvious that he wanted to do something to me. Probably some sort of experiment. For what reason it might be... probably to raise his own strength somehow, or me as a test subject. Will see. 

  In his eyes, I'm not his son, but a laboratory rat, but for me… he is just another sick animal. I have a 'special' universal cure for people like that, that will relieve him from every problem he has - Death.

23