Chapter 112: Tempering a Body by Burning It (3)
293 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 112:

Tempering a Body by Burning It (3)

______________________________

Words that will have an (*) behind it will be explained at the end of the chapter.

_______________

 Present time.

 230 degrees Celsius…

 [Burning~]

 The temperature in this hellish chamber reached the point when the skin will actually begin to burn.

 Vincent's white hair was the first to burn out, then it was his skin's turn. 

 Vincent turned into a fireman as fire from his burning rose to 2.5 meters high.

 'This fire… there is… still… not enough… damage yet' uttered in his mind, Vincent while struggling to resist the pain of burning. 

 He needs to wait a bit more when his skin will completely burn out, and then it will be his soft flesh under it to burn next. 

 'Hold on… the flash will start to burn in a few seconds. 

 240 degrees Celsius…

 [Burning~]

 

 [Shhh~]

 …

 Outside the chamber.

 “Father… This is… He… He is insane! Please stop him! I don't want to lose my daughter. If he dies, then… I don't know how Demi will react. Furthermore, she is right now with Amina in his “Pocket World”, and I don't know anything about how that storage place will react to the owner's death. Will it release everyone who is inside, or… kill everyone there after the owner's death…!” quickly said Luis to Austin.

 Austin didn't answer and only shockingly looked at a fireman who already lost almost all his skin.

 “Friend… should we start the healing?” Austin slowly asked Nicholas on the right side of him.

 Nicholas didn't answer, since there was a little storm in his mind.

 'The temperature reached 246 degrees Celsius already… and it is still rising. This should be impossible to resist, but… the reality is showing that I'm wrong,' thought Nicholas as he looked with wide eyes at the burning like a candle, Vincent.

 'He… is not human. He can't be human…' added in his mind, Nicholas.

 …

 Nearby.

 'Vincent…' Anna looked with her teary eyes at her burning son who had lost most of his skin, but her carved name was still visible on the flesh on his chest, as well as other names.

 She wants to avoid seeing him in such a state, but this was his choice.

 …

 253 degrees Celsius…

 All Vincent's skin was gone, and the next was the flesh under it that he waited so long.

 The upper layers of his flesh began to burn heavily.

 255 degrees Celsius…

 That little area where Vincent stood became a literal hell. 

 He felt that if he will be in such a state for one more minute… he would die, and he would rather not gamble on Zarack's help.

 258 degrees Celsius…

 The upper layers of his flesh were already burned to a dark red color.

 He can't hold anymore…

 262 degrees Celsius…

 This was it.

 He stopped suppressing his regeneration. 

 “Annie…! Nicholas…” Vincent uttered his wife's name and the name of High Elder Nicholas by using Sound magic, since he can't talk anymore, nor even move his mouth without ripping flesh around it.

 “Finally!!” Exclaimed Annie and raised her hands and sent her aura to cover Vincent in it before using the strongest healing spell she created so far.

 [Blessing of the Holy Light]*

 …

 Emily also followed after she wiped her tears and quickly but silently used her healing.

 [Liquid Regeneration Boost]*

 …

 Nicholas heard his name and calmed down from his shocked state before quickly using his spell.

 But, his spell was different from the others used so far.

 [Forest's Caring]*

 

 …

 Austin, Luis, other elves, and human girls that can use healing, followed.

 They began to use their best healing spells on Vincent…

 [Swoosh~]

 …

 Vincent quickly felt multiple healing spells on his burning body. 

 His figure was quickly hidden under such intensity of their numbers, making him look as if he were in some sort of weird-looking cocoon. 

 Some of them wrapped him in a thin liquid… Some covered him in white light… While others even pierced his flesh with thin vines…

 The pain from piercing flesh no longer held any significance.

 After it, he instantly felt how the following massive healing, raising his regeneration rate to more than x200 from a normal rate. 

 Most of its number came from the elves' healing spells.

 The healing regeneration speed almost matched the speed of his body burning before the treatment began.

 Vincent could feel how his flesh is recreating itself with a new one… a better one.

 It makes him feel… incredible. 

 …

 Anna, Emma, Annabella, Emilia, and others who were heating and isolating the chamber, removed their auras. 

 Anna looked at Annie worriedly.

 “Tell me how is he? Is healing going alright?" Asked Anna.

 Annie heard her and heartily nodded. She was still holding her spell active since her spell was not like Emily's or some other simple spells that could be easily cast on the target to let it do the work by itself while you do other things.

 Her spell was more advanced than other ones, but also, it was a spell that she can't use alone without protection from others. Such a spell type was also draining the environment where it was used.

 Still, she was delighted that she didn't disappoint her husband and her healing worked nicely. 

 “Sigh…” Anna finally managed to calm down her worries and began to wait for her lover, her son, to leave that odd 'cocoon-like' state.

________________________________

Author's note: "Here are the spells explanations":

Annie's spell:

Spell Name – [Blessing of the Holy Light]

 Spell Rank – [3rd]

 Elements used – [3rd ranked Light], [3rd ranked Water]

 Sub-element – [None]

 Spell Type – [Channeling Healing]*

 Spell Duration – [Depends on the caster and in the environment it was used]*

 Spell Range – [Mid-Range]

 Spell info: Created by the usage of the 3rd ranked Light element as a core and the 3rd ranked Water element as support for it. Coating the healing target in the bright and warm white light. This combination of elements boosts the natural speed regeneration of cells at an x13 rate from normal. 

___________________________

Emily's spell:

Spell Name – [Liquid Regeneration Boost]

 Spell Rank – [3rd]

 Elements used – [3rd ranked Water]

 Sub-element – [None]

 Spell Type – [Healing]

 Spell Duration – [3 Minutes]*

 Spell Range – [Mid-Range]

 Spell info: It is a simple single Water element healing spell that covers the damaged areas in a dense liquid to raise regenerative speed ability to x5 rate for 3 minutes.

___________________________________

Nicholas spell:

Spell Name – [Forest's Caring]

 Spell Rank – [4th]

 

 Elements used – [4th ranked Earth], [3rd ranked Water]

 Sub-element – [4th ranked Wood]

 Spell Type – [Channeling Healing]

 Spell Duration – [Depends on the caster and in the environment where it was used]

 Spell Range – [Mid-Range]

 Spell Info: This 4rth ranked spell was made by combining the 4th ranked Earth and the 3rd ranked Water elements to create the Wood sub-element. It creates thin wooden vines that enter the flesh to directly heal the target from the inside. The healing regeneration rate is x25 from normal speed.

___________________________

Spell Duration - [Depends on the caster and the environment]: The caster can hold this spell active as long as the environment has enough of the respective elemental particles within that the spell requires for use. When the area was drained from its elemental particles, the caster could use the element from his own EES to support the spell in an active state for some extra time. 

 Spell Type - [Channeling Healing]: The caster needs to continuously support/hold this spell in an active state to heal the target. After using a "channeling" type spell, the caster forbids doing anything else other than holding the spell in an active state if the caster wants to continue the healing process. In case of stopping, it will require some time to reactivate it again.

Spell Duration – [3 Minutes]: Simple spell that doesn't require anything more from the caster after it was used. The spell will stay on its target for ??? time before losing its property and vanishing.

4