60. Chapter
1.3k 5 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nizzal the Grey exits a star gate

Nizzal the Gray exits the star gate in the secret city called Unity.

The picture was created by artificial intelligence at my request, to resemble the painting style of Edvard Munch.

Special thanks to Midjourney project to create such outstanding AI technology.

 



From the perspective of Nizzal.

Soon after, everybody arrived and Aomi finished her minimalistic explanation about our home, we began our walk towards the other side of the forest where the temple and the city was built. We were walking through the forest at the moment, after the initial surprise and shock. Now everybody was walking in contemplating silence. I enjoyed the silence and peace for once. The force here, around our only completely functional city was in balance. There was true peace for us here, safety and relaxation. I breathed in the perfectly clean humid forest air. It was filled with the natural scents of the forest. It filled my lungs to the brim, my naturally tense shoulders, that I had gotten so used to, finally let up, and I felt as a wave of weakness pushed through my body. I felt my knees buckle under my weight for a second. Aomi grabbed my arm and forcefully straightened my posture while giving me a strict glance. I had to forcefully will myself to get my body under control again, but I managed. 

Since I woken from hibernation, I was constantly in a very tense situation... Learning so much just to serve the queen, I was always on edge. She could call for me at any moment in any hour of the day, even in the middle of the night, and she sometimes did that. Luckily not that many times.

No, before hibernation, it was even worse, actually. I had to fight, and try to coexist with the ridiculous demands of the jedi council while letting that droid push me around... The hibernation was not the equivalent of a good night's sleep. It didn't erase any of the tiredness... It did the opposite actual, only increased my body's need to rest. I was unable to relax because of the constant fear of death. All because of that damned collar! It was thankfully removed a while ago, but it was an effective tool to instill a continuous sense of dread in any subject... 

I am ashamed to say this, but I, even after so many years of life experience that I inherited, or maybe exactly because of that knowledge, was not immune to the effects of such devices. 

Only in the moment when I...  I thought that I would die, did I feel a deep calmness in my soul. It was a peaceful feeling, the calmness of those who had stepped over the invisible barrier of worldly desires. Those, who have given themselves to the force, to fulfill their duty and accepted their faith, willingly. 

I did not have time to think about this, until now, the atmosphere was simply not right. Now, on the doorstep of my home, these thoughts have surrounded me. I glanced towards Aomi, who was constantly checking on me, with a worried expression on her sapphire colored face and ruby red eyes. She decided to walk beside me. 

I felt my body become light. It seems that this childish body has reached a limit, and now that I felt safe, even my will couldn't hold back the mental and physical tiredness... My mind felt drowsy. A sudden streak of light reached my eyes through the dense shroud of the forest. I looked ahead, following the ray of light, I saw as the forest suddenly opened up around us, and the golden form of a solitary pyramid, our temple, appeared in the middle of my vision, surrounded by other smaller buildings and small forests. Multifunctional drones were floating around the food farms and fields tending to the biologically boosted and reinforced plants. I heard the familiar sound of a hover craft flying nearby. People, my people were walking the streets. Children were playing in the stream nearby, laughing without restraint. They were our children, force-sensitive ones and regular ones, playing together, helping each other. 

But I could not see it anymore, as the tiredness began to eat away my vision, a voice appeared in my mind, a familiar one, calling out to me warmly...

-Welcome home, my always wandering apprentice. You are safe here among us. Rest now, your trials are over, for now. 

-I am home... 

I stated weakly, as the vision of an oh-so-familiar amused smile in the company of a greyish white beard blinked into my mind. Although, this time the smile wasn't the least cynical, the smile of my master was honest, and proud.

I blindly grabbed toward Aomi, who I knew was standing next to me. I felt a pair of warm arms catch me before I fell to the ground.

The last thing I felt was my still painfully stinging forehead... A funny thought appeared in my mind as I realized that I... I might have a concussion? From that... incident... 

I heard a few muffled voices around me, calling my name. Those voices have accompanied me on my still somewhat conscious way towards the ever closing world of dreams.

 

Announcement

Dear readers,

With this teaser chapter, the first arc of Star Wars: The Way of the Grey (with the now revealed subtitle: Trials of the Grey) has been officially finished. I am thankful to everyone who has decided to tag along on this journey. It was an uplifting experience to write such a story. One that without a doubt grow close to me, as well.

As a writer, I feel humbled when I witness your personal observations and polite thoughts, in the form of comments, and reviews. To see and experience, that other people, find joy in an imagined story, which I create (at least partially (since it is fanfiction)) is the greatest reward I can get. 

The second arc of the story, will be uploaded under the same title, continuously. 

With best regards, 

Yokem.

 

46