Chapter 362
1.4k 6 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A shrill cry rose to the sky as an Auror lost his left arm, allowing the white sand to finally receive its first bounty of blood. 

"Enough, Han!" An old man in the stands stood up and shouted, stopping his son from landing the killing blow on the already fallen Auror. 

"Yes, Father." The young man in white did not hesitate as he retracted his Aura Blade, and the judge of the battle, a soldier of Hecate, raised his right hand and declared him the winner. 

Up in the King's Box, the blonde Mortal Goddess disappointedly shook her head as there had been no deaths so far, and then she giggled when she glanced to her right and saw the twins pale in fear. 

They were really trying to put up a brave front, but after watching the brutal duels of the morning, they were already feeling a little sick. 

It was the twelfth and last round of the Open Challenges of the morning, where people entered the arena to settle their disputes, and now, there was going to be an hour-long break before the Battle Royale for the strongest Auror under fifteen years would start. 

The last ten standing young Aurors in the Battle Royale would be declared winners, earning a point each for their respective Families, Sects, or Schools that they represented, or if they were independent, they would earn a point for themselves. But no one participating today in the Under Fifteen category was an Independent Auror. 

"Amy, are you sure about letting Helena fight in the next round?" Kiara could not help but ask, fearing the worst. 

Groups from all the Ancient Families in Magic City were going to send in their best Aurors Under Fifteen, and even though killing was forbidden in the Under Fifteen Battle Royale, everything else was allowed. 

She was certain that the enemies planned on crippling the brightest of the next generation and allowing Helena to fight was very risky. 

"She will be fine." The emerald-eyed Demiliore assuringly nodded to her. "She has Strength and Speed Runes on her body, as well as some Shields." 

"Oh..." Kiara was a little surprised but then mischievously smiled. "That's cheating." 

"Maybe." Amelia simply shrugged at her words. "But she's only going to use them if she finds it necessary." 

"Do you think he will figure it out if she uses the strength or speed Runes?" Rebecca smiled and asked, and Amelia narrowed her eyes at the question. 

She knew who she was referring to, and she inadvertently glanced at the boy who had returned in Time. 

"It's possible. And I want to see his reaction as he watches Helena fight." She meaningfully said, and this time, Rebecca narrowed her eyes as she understood her intentions. 

"Clever." 

"I am letting Victor fight as well. He requested it." She informed them, and all of them understandingly nodded their heads. 

The Muscle-Head had been ecstatic when he learned what the Ancient Trials were about, and he had been requesting all of them to allow him to fight as well. But since he was currently acting as Amelia's bodyguard, it was her call. 

"He will represent the Mourntale?" Kashish curiously asked. "Or is he going to fight Independently?" 

"Independently, but he will be helping the Mourntale, Ravenstein, and Glasisius fighters," Amelia told her and then turned to look at Marianne, who was quite interested in fighting in the Trials as well. "And you?" 

"I am not going to participate." The girl with a bob cut shook her head, obediently standing behind her Master. 

It was clear that Rebecca had refused her request, and it was understandable as well. She was her Shadow, and the blonde was not keen on letting people know how strong she was and what she was capable of. 

Even though it would have not mattered much, since no one would really take advantage of it even if they knew how strong her Shadow was, Rebecca was still a very cautious person. Also, she did not want to give anyone the opportunity to harm her Shadow. She was mostly taking into account the boy who returned in Time, and she was not wrong to be wary of him. There was no need to take an unnecessary risk. 

It was clear that Yexuan held hostility towards her, and he could take advantage of the opportunity and harm Rebecca under the guise of the Trial. 

Amelia now frowned as she felt that Victor could be in danger as well, but she highly doubted that Yexuan would kill people today. Nonetheless, she stood up and excused herself, going to the backroom where the Muscle-Head was stationed. 

"My Lady." Victor respectfully bowed to her as soon as she entered the room and the Vampire Guards did the same. 

"Don't drag the battle with Alana's younger brother if it happens. Forfeit before it turns serious." She clearly told him, and Victor could not understand why she wanted him to forfeit if he battles against Yexuan.

"Yes, My Lady." He still nodded her head, and Amelia kept looking at him intently. 

"He will kill you if you drop your guard or prolong the battle." She saw his hesitation at the prospect of forfeiting a battle. And knowing his personality, she had to make him very aware of the danger that could befall him. 

Victor looked at her in surprise, but seeing the seriousness in her eyes, he lowered his gaze and obediently nodded again. 

"I will not let my guard down and will forfeit the battle before he can harm me." He promised. 

"Don't hesitate to use the Rune if it comes down to life and death." She sighed and then returned to the King's Box, taking her seat. 

"Why let him fight?" Kiara asked, having clearly heard their conversation. "Is it because of the enemies?" 

"The plan is already set." She nodded. Victor was needed to help the Mourntale and their allies. "And I want to see how he reacts." 

The others thought she was talking about Victor, but those who knew understood that she was referring to Yexuan. 

They were not taking his name because Alana was sitting with them, and the girl was unaware of the things that surrounded her now estranged adoptive brother. 

"Yingying, where are Keith and Iseul?" Alana curiously turned to look at the Shadow who was standing behind them. 

The two had gone out last night, and they had still not returned. 

"I don't know." Yingying shook her head, and the Musical Genius then turned to look at Kiara, hoping she would know. 

"He did not tell us where they were going. But it must be something important since he has not shown up here." The girl guessed. 

"He's not going to come today or tomorrow." Rebecca shook her head, and everyone turned to look her way. 

"Why?" 

"He will come to the Trials when the Finals start. That's what he told me." She revealed. "But I am not sure where he is or what he is busy with." 

The girls nodded to her words, and Alana felt a little sad at not having him with her. 

She had already spotted Yexuan in the stands, and she had caught him looking her way as well, which had made her a little restless. It would have helped her if Keith had been there by her side, but then she decided to distract her mind by chatting with her friends. 

The hour passed very quickly, and the Under Fifteen Battle Royale was announced, along with its rules. 

There were only three rules.

First, killing was not allowed. Second, the Auror that forfeited could not enter the battle again and could not be attacked as well. And third, the last ten standing Aurors would be declared the winners of the round, earning a point each for the group they represented. 

A few seconds later, Aurors Under the age of Fifteen, entered the Arena from the stands, and the Vampire soldiers ascertained the ages of those participating in the trials by tasting a drop of their blood. 

It was only then that some people understood what these men in black were, and they became even more fearful of them. 

Surprisingly, none of the participants broke the rules, and they were all under the age of fifteen. 

Seeing the Arena filled with over a hundred young Aurors, the crowd was visiblly very excited, and encouraging cheers rose to lift the spirits of the fighters, who were a little alarmed at finding themselves up against and surrounded by so many enemies. 

Rebecca stood up from her seat and then approached the edge of the King's Box, smiling as she looked at the Young Aurors. 

"The Auror who takes out the most enemies in this round will receive a monetary reward from me, and they will be healed completely of their injuries, as long as their limbs are intact. The monetary reward is 10 Million Neris." 

The people in the stands were shocked at her words as the sum of 10 Million was not a small amount for most of them. And even the young Aurors were excited now. 

Only one girl was seemingly indifferent to the reward, and she was a girl of eleven with beautiful emerald eyes and raven hair. 

Her eyes were focused as she found herself surrounded by enemies who were all older than her, but she did not seem scared or nervous at all. 

Seeing her calculatingly picking up her first targets, just like a predator eyeing its prey, Rebecca and Amelia smiled in their hearts. 

Little Helena was truly special. 

76