Chapter 365
1.4k 4 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His thoughts were clouded, his heart was aching, and somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that what he was doing was not right. However, seeing his sabre drenched in blood as he kept landing several cuts on the bodies of the Ozell Aurors, who had made things easier for him by choosing to attack him, helped him calm down a little. 

One by one, he kept eliminating Aurors, forcing them to forfeit the trial or knocking them out, and this helped him clear his thoughts. 

He frowned a little when a bloodthirsty Auror rushed right at him, intending to cut him into pieces, even though they had no animosity. 

Samrath tried his best to block him, but the man was hell-bent, and he was just about to knock him out when something unexpected happened. An Auror came flying out of nowhere, crashing into his opponent, who, as a result of the impact, stumbled forward.

Had it been another day, Samrath would have managed to retract his blade in time, but today, he had a lot going on in his head. 

He tried, but his sabre still slashed the man's neck, and for a moment, his mind went blank. 

Watching the man bleed to his death within seconds, Samrath suddenly felt the rage bubble up in his heart. 

Someone he had no intention to kill had died from his sword, and he glared in the direction where the man had come flying from. 

There, he witnessed a sight that chilled his heart. 

It was a boy around his age, perhaps a couple of years younger, with golden highlights in his hair, and his body was sounded in a yellow Aura. What was eye-catching was that there were Aura Claws extending from his hands, which he was using to shred people mercilessly. 

What he witnessed was sheer madness, and even the Aurors around him stopped fighting as they watched in horror what was happening on the other end of the Arena. 

The boy was mad and bloodthirsty, and Samrath felt his heart clench when he witnessed the smirk on his face as he kept killing one Auror after another. 

He was clearly strong enough to knock them out, but he chose to kill them and chose to kill them as a sport. 

At first, he thought that maybe he had some enmity with a group, but when he watched the bodies in pieces on the sand, he saw that those people belonged to more than four groups. 

Would anyone have an enmity with so many groups? 

Samrath frowned as his heart became restless. The boy just then killed a retreating enemy who had turned his back to him and was clearly about to shout that he wanted to forfeit the match. 

And then the madman looked their way as if searching for his next target. 

Seeing him still stand in his place for a few seconds, relieved some Aurors, who thought that he had calmed down, but when he suddenly rushed at them, their hearts skipped a beat. 

Some ran away, some shouted that they forfeit, and the brave ones charged at him, intending to kill the madman. 

Samrath stayed in his place and blocked an attack from an Auror who wanted to take advantage of the chaos and eliminate him.

His eyes coldly bore into him, and the man started trembling before he ran away, giving up on fighting him. 

The cries of the spectators, who were clearly asking all the Aurors in the Arena to kill the madman, finally reached his ears as he paid attention to it. 

However, there was not much time to ponder over things on the battlefield, and he had to make a decision. 

When he saw another man lose his life at the hands of that madman, he made up his mind. 

Charging forward, he covered his entire body in his green Aura and then jumped just in time to grab an Auror's collar and pull him back, saving him from getting slashed by those deadly Aura Claws. 

Twisting his body, he swung his sword at the Claws, hitting them and making the boy lose his balance, which he took advantage of by kicking him in his side, sending him rolling and tumbling on the sand. 

"Go away!" He growled at the Aurors who were looking at him in shock, and understanding his intentions, they all pulled back, allowing him some room to fight with the madman who was now back on his feet. 

"What's your name?" Samrath frowned when he heard the boy's question, but gave him his name. 

"Samrath." 

"Why did you save him?" He asked another question as his eyes narrowed. "You are naive, Samrath." He lightly smiled. "One must never jump in another's battle if they don't have anything to do with it." 

"I know." He smiled back, and as soon the boy frowned at his words, he charged forward. "However, I have issues with people who kill others for sport and have no regard and respect for life." He told him as he did not hold back and swung his sword, ready to decapitate the boy who was looking at him with his narrowed eyes. 

Sparks of Aura flew as an Aura Claw blocked his sabre, and Samrath's heart trembled a little when he saw the boy not even budge under the force. 

"Such righteousness leads one to his demise." Yexuan smiled a little, a little desolate smile, and then he pushed Samrath back with great force, breaking the contact.

The Heir of Arya had a premonition that the boy was not a madman, and he also had this strange feeling that he was much older than him. 

That smile that had appeared on the boy's face was that of a man who had seen everything, and who had been hardened under the tests of time.

He braced himself when the boy rushed at him at a breakneck speed, and blocked a fist with his left arm as he swung his sword to meet the reaching claw. 

Understanding that the enemy was stronger than him, Samrath did not dally on a contest of strength, and twisted his body, choosing to bet on his agility, intending to attack the boy's head with a solid kick. 

More sparks of Aura flew as his kick connected with his opponent's head, but the dense Aura that coated the boy's body successfully blocked it. 

All of a sudden, a mind-rattling pain assaulted him, and he only realised that he had been kicked in the stomach on his way crashing into the wall behind him. 

He managed to keep his mind clear at the impact, and then immediately got away from the wall, saving himself from a punch that pieced right into it. 

Samrath did not know if it was confusion on his opponent's face when he briefly stared at the wall or at something that was on it. It was almost as if he was expecting the wall to fall under his attack, which it managed to withstand. 

Taking advantage of his distraction, he attacked again, swinging his sabre expertly, indenting to only slash him and not cleave him into two. 

The moment the boy tried to block it, he changed its trajectory, taking his opponent off-guard, and then twisted in the air as he landed an axe kick on the boy's head. 

Sadly, he withstood the attack again, but at least, his time, he had nearly managed to break into his Aura Defence that the True Profound Realm Cultivation provided. 

"You are good." He heard his opponent say before he immediately retreated, but his eyes widened in shock when the boy caught up with him in just one big leap. 

Out of instinct, he guarded his abdomen and winced in pain as a punch landed there, sending him flying back once again. 

Samrath crashed into another auror and then rolled onto the sand before he managed to stabilise himself. 

Bells of crisis rang in his ears as the boy charged at him again, and from far away, he heard the cries of his Shadow Guards. 

He tried to get up, but his eyes suddenly darkened a little, and only then did he realise that his body had taken great damage. 

As a last resort, he was about to use the ace up his sleeves when he witnessed something that dismayed him. 

A figure appeared out of nowhere and kicked the charging boy away, making him crash into the sidewall rather pathetically. 

She was wearing a half-mask, but Samrath immediately recognised her as Keith's Shadow, and then he watched her jump up in the air and return to the King's Box.

"The battle is over! Congratulations on surviving and making it into the next round!" 

The Master of Ceremony announced, and Samrath finally understood what his Shadow Guards had been screaming earlier. 

When he looked around, only a few more Aurors were standing in the Arena, and counting him and the boy who managed to get up after taking a hit from Yingying, there were indeed only ten of them left out of the hundred and forty-three. 

He slumped down on his knees and started recovering, utilising the treasure that lived in his heart, and he raised his head when he heard Rebecca walk over to the edge of her Box.

"With forty-seven eliminations in this round, Yexuan Parker of the Adam's School of Martial Art wins the first spot and gets a total of five points. The second position goes to Samrath Arya, who managed to eliminate nineteen Aurors, earning himself a total of Four Points..." 

He heard her speak, and then lowered his head, closing his eyes. 

Four points were a good result. He was still in the competition and had a chance of acquiring those two Aura Stones. 

Samrath put all his thoughts aside and decided to make the most of the next two days of break. He was hopeful that he would be able to enter the Spirit Profound Realm if he pushed for it. And he decided to deal with the Ozell later. 

He was still a little hopeful that Keith would find some leads on Sunaina. And he decided to trust in him and focus solely on the Trials. 

78