Chapter 368
1.3k 5 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Iseul, where is Keith?" A girl tearfully asked, rushing forward to grab the arm of the girl who had just gotten out of her car. 

"Master will be here in a short while," Iseul answered and frowned a little. "Is everything okay?" She asked. 

Keith had not allowed her to work in the last three and half days, and they had been mostly busy with each other. So, she was not aware of what happened and why Alana looked so desperate. 

"Things happened," Kiara answered her and walked over to Alana, hugging her and gently stroking her back. "Was everything okay on your end?" 

"Yes," Iseul replied and then bowed to Rebecca and Amelia before walking inside the compound, carrying her bag. 

Her changes did not miss their eyes, and Rebecca could tell at a glance that Keith had changed her and that she was no longer a human. 

The suppression that her blood carried was quite heavy, but it was not as intense as that of Minami, Kiara, and Venessa. But it was comparable to that of Ryou, Nana, and Ayesha.

A lot of questions revolved in her mind, but she already had figured out most of them. And since Keith had promised her that he would change her as well, she was not too bothered about it. 

"She has 99 Aura Nodes on her body now." Amelia lightly said, and Rebecca simply nodded her head to her words. 

It was the same for Ryou, Nana, and Ayesha. 

"She's no longer a maiden, right?" The blonde playfully asked. 

"Yes. She's no longer a maiden." 

The two of them did not talk again and sighed when they watched Alana searchingly look at the gate of the compound. 

But the second later, smiles formed on their lips.

"Are you waiting for someone?" 

"Ehh!" Alana screamed in fright when suddenly someone spoke into her ear, and then she found herself being lifted off the group in a princess carry. "Keith!" 

"Hey." He smiled at her, and the girl immediately buried her face into his chest, crying hard. 

Seeing that she was not going to stop anytime soon, he smiled at the ladies around them and teleported away. 

"And there he goes again, showing off his powers." The blonde pouted, folding her arms on her chest, and the girls could not help but smile or giggle in response. 

Away from them, on top of a hill, where a road snaked its way further up, Keith appeared at a viewpoint, which was one of the most scenic spots in the Magic City. 

He chuckled when he found the girl feeling a little dizzy after being teleported with him a few times to arrive here, and then her eyes widened in disbelief as she saw the sun rising from the east, its rays piercing the clouds that floated in the sky.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He asked, and she dumbly nodded her head. 

Her mind soon started working again and then the teas that had stopped threatened to pour out of her eyes once more. 

"Keith..." She wanted to speak but found herself cut off when he sealed her mouth with his. 

And as soon as she tasted him, her heart felt lighter, and her mind became clearer. 

Desire welled up in her womb, and a sense of security bathed her made her feel just as safe as an infant would feel in its mother's arms. 

Keith kept kissing her until her body started aching with desire, and then he pulled back, smiling at her. 

"Let's talk now." 

Alana felt a little angry at him for being so mean, but then she just hugged him, inhaling his familiar scent and closing her eyes, calming down her lustful thoughts. 

He did not speak and allowed her to take her time, and a few minutes later, she spoke again, and some pain was evident in her voice. 

"Rebecca says that..." She could not bring herself to say the next words, and Keith's silence did not help her in the least. 

There was another brief period of silence between them before she tearfully raised her head and looked at him. 

"Is Yexuan gone?" She managed to voice the question before a tear slipped out of her eyes, evidence of how much she was hurting.

"Maybe." He sighed and then put her down on her feet, supporting her with his arm that was now around her back, resting right under her left breast. "We will have to figure out if he is still Yexuan or someone else, and what happened to him." 

"She... she said that he's a monster..." Alana pitifully raised her head and looked at him again. 

"And?" He quizzically raised his brow and then chuckled at her confusion. "She did not tell you what she meant by a Monster?" 

"It's supposed to mean something else?" She frowned. 

"Yes." He smiled and planted a kiss on her head. 

"Monsters are creatures just the same as us, except that they have beastly characteristics." He informed her. "For example, Werewolves are Monsters. They have a humanoid form, a hybrid form, and a beast form where they can turn completely into wolves at will. But of course, only True Blood Werewolves are capable of turning completely into wolves, most Werewolves in this world only have the humanoid and hybrid forms." 

Her eyes widened in realisation, and then she nodded her head in understanding. However, she also realised that even if Rebecca did not mean to call him a Monster in that sense, she would not have been wrong to call him one after what they witnessed him do in the Arena. 

"He is not my brother..." She whispered, and Keith smiled in his head. 

It seemed that his blonde wife had successfully fueled her doubts. Then again, he never doubted that Rebecca would not be able to accomplish it. 

"Did you meet him after the Trial?" He asked, and her body trembled at his words. 

"No..." She shook her head, feeling a little fearful as the images from yesterday appeared in her mind again. 

"There is something you should know, Alana." He dropped his smile and spoke seriously, causing the girl to raise her head and look at him. "I have my duty towards my family, and if he proves to be a danger to my family, I will kill him. It would not matter to me if he is Yexuan or someone else, and it would not matter to me if you begged for him with your life. I will still kill him." 

Her face paled at his words, and her heart started beating erratically. She felt a little dizzy too, and this time, Keith did not step forward to comfort her. 

"I won't take the risk of him harming you or anyone else around me." He clearly told her, and all she could do was lower her head and shed some tears. 

"He wouldn't..." She hoarsely whispered, but even she did not completely believe in her own words. 

Alana knew that Yexuan hated Keith. And she was scared now that he would try to harm her lover or someone in the family, giving Keith the right to kill him. 

Even after what she had witnessed Yexuan do in the Arena, her instincts told her that no matter how strong or dangerous he was, if it came down to the wire, Keith would always be the one to survive. 

Perhaps it was because she had found the girls not in the least scared after what they had witnessed, and she had seen how effortlessly Yingying had kicked the berserk Yexuan away, bringing him back to his senses. 

She stayed silent mulling over what she could do to avert the tragedy.

"And if you think that you can leave me and save him, I will kill him for sure." He blocked her thoughts even before they drifted in that direction

"Please don't..." 

Helplessness washed over her as it seemed inevitable that Yexuan would suffer. 

Keith narrowed his eyes at her, and when she met them, she flinched before lowering her head again. 

"Please don't talk about killing..." She begged and felt a soft hand rest on her head. 

"You are important to me. Very precious." He caressed her head. "I won't allow anyone to take you away from me." He gently said, and despite the tears that leaked from her eyes, she felt warm in her heart as well, and incredibly safe. 

"I won't leave you..." She promised. And somewhere in her mind, she distanced herself away from Yexuan some more with this simple promise. "And he won't harm you or others..." She hopefully whispered.

"We shall see." He nodded to her and then leaned in to plant a kiss on her forehead. "Come. The girls are waiting for us." 

Even though he said that they were waiting, he did not rush back, and he gently grabbed her hand and started walking towards the Mourntale Estate. 

No words were said between them for the entirety of a forty-minute walk back to the Estate, and the girls were indeed waiting for them when they arrived. 

Alana just hoped and prayed that Yexuan was, in fact, Yexuan, and he would not harm her or Keith. 

And since Keith made it clear that he would not spare him even if she begged him, she decided to meet her estranged brother and beg him to not pursue her and risk his life. 

73