Chapter 372
1.3k 6 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Far away from the Garden of Florena, inside a beautiful floral valley, on the bank of a stream, sat a handsome young man on top of a wooden seat that was connected to the ground. And on his left, several metres away, sat a beautiful girl with raven hair and emerald eyes. 

The two of them were sitting there in peaceful silence, both lost in their train of thought as they waited for some fish to take the bait and reel it up. 

Suddenly, there was a flash of lightning in the sky, and soon the dark clouds rumbled. 

A storm was approaching, and Amelia blankly stared into the clouds, watching the lightning show with a little fascination on her face. 

It was quite a distance away, but with her eyes, she could see it clearly, and better than anyone else could. 

"Twenty-One." She heard the young man next to her speak, which broke her out of her trance, and she turned to witness him reel out a fish from the water. 

She frowned a little as she looked at her own bucket, where only five fish were present. 

"Looks like it will be my win." The teasing remark made her narrow her eyes, and she finally turned to look at her husband in his eyes. 

"Why is it that most of the fish are going for your bait when I am right next to you and closer to them?" 

"Do you suspect any foul play, dear Amy?"

"No. You would not cheat on something so minor." She shook her head, making him chuckle. "I am just curious." 

"I see." He nodded and then wrapped another bait on the hook before he gracefully swung his arm, sending the line far into the water. "The breed of fish we have here is a little smart. I do not tug the line from time to time and just let it move to the flow of the stream, and where I am sitting, the water in front of me becomes a little calmer as it is deeper here, so, it allows the fish the time to inspect the bait before they take it. The water on your side is shallower, and they have to move quickly and decide if they want to take the bait or not, and some just sense that the water ahead is calmer and look at my bait. Their instincts tell them that it is the better and easier catch." 

She carefully looked into the water, seeing the approaching fish attentively, and just like he had told her, some did show interest in her bait before their attention was locked on his bait, and then they just decided to skip her. 

The flow of the water was quite strong, and since the water on his side was deeper, it did allow them all the time to make a decision. 

She sighed as she watched another fish fall for his bait, and then giggled and shook her head. 

He, of course, took advantage of his better knowledge, but it could not be considered cheating. 

It was she who initiated the challenge, so she should have been better prepared for it. Instead, she lacked knowledge about the trout that were found in these waters. 

"You win." She gracefully surrendered, and he smiled before he reeled the line back and then converted his seat into a couch, leaning back on it. 

"You don't want to go back?" She asked, curiously looking at him. 

"You have not yet spoken about what's on your mind." He smiled, meeting her eyes. "Besides, Rebecca, Kiara, and Minami are there to look after things. Nothing drastic would happen." 

"You trust Rebecca a lot." She smiled as she watched his smile grow brighter. 

"Yes, and that is because she is my wife. Just like you are." 

"A wife through a Sacred Wedlock?" 

"I see." He understood what was on her mind and sighed. "She told you about Sacred Wedlocks?" 

"She did." 

"What bothers you?" He straightforwardly asked. 

"Yexuan seems to know me from the future he has returned from. It would explain how he can use my Runes." She hesitated a little. "Do you think..." 

"No." He shook his head. 

"Why?" She hopefully asked. 

"Do you remember what you felt when you met me for the first time?" He asked. "I remember what I felt, and it was this urge and happiness that sprouted from the bottom of my soul, which at that time I had not figured out, but once we were wed, I understood what that feeling was about." 

Amelia recalled the day, and she subconsciously nodded her head to his words, having felt something similar. 

"It was the same for me when I first saw and talked with Qingyue and Rebecca, and though at that time, I did not care much about it, it would be a lie to say that they did not appear on my mind now and then. But the feelings truly kicked in when we chatted and got to know each other." He smiled. "If it had not happened to me before with you, Venessa, and Kiara, I would have been a little apprehensive about Rebecca, if not Qingyue. But I knew what it was, and so I did not stop myself from falling for her." 

"Knowing you, you only allowed yourself to fall for her because you knew she felt the same." Amelia giggled, and he nodded his head, acknowledging her words. 

"Those who are bound by Divine Laws are meant for each other, in all Times and Spaces, Lives and Deaths, and their Spirits are connected. They are bound to end up with each other." He told her. "If you are wondering that you might have held some feelings for him in the Timeline he has returned from, then it is only a possibility if you had not met me or known about me. And even then, you could have never ended up together. Those feelings would never manifest." He told her. 

"Why?" 

"Because the Divine Laws watch us all the time, and I would have found you." He confidently told her. "You are destined for greatness, so, even if we had not met yet, we were going to meet each other sooner or later. The possibility of someone bound in a Sacred Wedlock to have been in a relationship with someone other than the one they are meant for is exactly zero." 

"You and Mother..." 

He smiled at her words, seeing clearly through her fears. 

Venessa and he were married through a Sacred Wedlock as well, but still, she had fallen in love with his Father and birthed him. At least, that was what it seemed.

"Well, she had to give birth to me. And things were meant to pan out this way. Maybe it was an exception." He told her and watched her nod to him. 

Her expression softened a little the last bit of weight was lifted off her heart, but the confusion remained. His words were contradictory. 

"However, these were all the things I believed before." He smiled.

"What?" 

"There are never any exceptions in this matter. You will understand things later." He promised. 

Amelia nodded to him, not insisting on getting the answer, and then she pondered over his words.

Though he was not clear, he had already given her the answer. 

"Since Yexuan has come back from the Future to a past Timeline, where we both exist at the same time, it is not possible for me to have ever developed feelings for him even if it is the first time we were meant to be bound by the Sacred Wedlock." 

"Precisely." He nodded his head and then smiled as the first droplets of rain fell on him. "We are already bound to each other even if we have not initiated the Rune of the Sacred Wedlock."

He did not bother using his Aura to prevent himself from getting soaked, and in a matter of a minute, he was drenched. 

Amelia dropped her Aura as well when she saw him enjoying the rain, allowing the droplets to land on her clothes and skin, and smiled as she quite liked the experience. 

"I have never made love to anyone under the rain." 

She suddenly heard him speak, and her heart skipped a beat in anticipation as an ache sprouted inside her womb. 

His intentions were clear to her, and she had no complaints about them. Rather, she found herself excited at the idea of making love with him under this dark sky and heavy rain. 

Without waiting another second, she quickly got up from her seat and walked over to him, straddling his lap as she looked into his beautiful eyes that had changed to their Amethyst colour. 

He could control them now at will, and she got to see them more often whenever they were together. Still, every time she looked into them, she found herself captivated by their sheer beauty. 

Keith smiled and slowly sat up, sneaking his hands into the hem of her shirt and landing them on her soft sides. Then, he leaned in and kissed her lips, mingling his tongue with hers. 

When their lips separated, they were flooded with a sense of urgency, and it only took them a few seconds to find their way out of their clothes. 

Amelia was not the one to remain patient today as her love and emotions for Keith were pouring out of her. And she impaled herself on his hardness rather forcefully, wincing at the discomfort and pain that assaulted her.

She pressed her forehead against his, gasping for breath, trying to calm down her accelerating heartbeat, but only a few seconds later, she started moving, aggravating her state. 

Their lips met again, their grunts and moans mingling in their mouths as they kissed each other rather hungrily. 

By the time she felt him finally erupt inside of her, painting her womb with his essence, no silly thoughts remained in her mind and she felt their bond had grown stronger than ever. 

The Sacred Rune of Wedlock on their bodies were brightly lit, and under the heavy pour of rain, the two of them indulged in their lust to their heart's content. 

Far away from them, inside the Colosseum, a dull sound of a bell rang as a strong fist collided with a body after breaking past the Aura Defence, and a certain tall and bulky man winced as he felt the sting. 

The audience gasped in shock as they watched his skin turn to a metallic sheen, announcing his status as an Esper, and then their hearts skipped a beat when he punched the attacker, who met his fist with his own, leading to another dull, ringing sound. 

75