Chapter 377
2.2k 5 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a very simple room where a tall and bulky young man was sleeping, covered in a copper hue that was a result of his aura, stood a young man by his side, keenly observing the changes that were taking place inside his loyal servant. 

The rays pierced into the room through the window, brightly lighting it up, and it was now late in the morning, hours since he had arrived here to fulfil Victor's wish. 

He wanted to be just as strong as Ryou, and Keith had now bestowed him the opportunity to become just as strong as his friend. From this moment onwards, it was solely up to Victor to realise his unfathomable potential, and Keith had high hopes for this Muscle-Head. 

Suddenly, the Aura outside Victor's body started receding, and the hue that had been covering him disappeared as well. 

The changes stopped taking place, and Muscle-Head, who was already as tall as him, was now seven feet tall, and his bulk build was now more compact. 

He could already imagine Victor fretting over losing his muscles, even though the change was not that visually drastic, but his worries would only last a moment before he would realise how much he had gained in strength and agility. 

What Keith was sure about was that Victor would not even going to pay attention to his face, where his features had been refined, turning his above-average-looking face into a handsome one. He was unmistakably still Victor, and if anyone saw him, they would only think that he had probably gotten a few minor surgeries on his face. 

"He will attract some girls in the future." Kiara suddenly giggled, and Minami, who was standing by her side behind Keith, smiled as well. 

"He asked Father to make him handsome as well. Now, his wish has been fulfilled." She added, reminding her sister about what Victor had said after Keith changed Ryou.

"Yeah." Kiara giggled some more, and then they both turned to look at the watch Keith was wearing on his left wrist, which suddenly vibrated. 

He looked at the message he received from Iseul, and immediately sent her a voice note. 

"Don't go after him. Only keep an eye on him as you have been." 

"Yexuan forfeited the Final Match against Samrath?" Kiara frowned, having read the message thanks to her enhanced sense of sight. "Why?" 

"He achieved what he had stayed in the Trials for in the last two days." He replied, not telling them what it was. 

The former Immortal Sovereign had seen and observed Samrath as much as he could. Now, there was no reason for him to stay in the trails anymore. 

Keith was sure that Yexuan was relieved that Samrath's secret treasure had not been exposed. Now, he was likely going to wait for an opportune moment to execute his plan. 

Even though it seemed like everything was on track and the two Children of Destiny would fight against each other, Keith knew better than to let things take their course. 

Every Child of Destiny had a purpose to serve in their life, and both of them were blessed by the Laws of Destiny and Fate so that they could fulfil their purposes. 

And there was a possibility that Destiny would not just let them kill each other before they have not fulfilled their purpose unless it takes away its blessings and changes its Plans for them. 

They could fight, injure each other, and may even become enemies under his ministrations, but they would only be able to kill each other if their purposes have been fulfilled or if Destiny changes its Plans.

Keith was prepared for everything. 

All he needed was for them to fight each other so that he could figure some things out. 

He wanted to see what happens to their Fate Value when they fight against each other, and if Yexuan, who possessed much more Fate Value when compared to Samrath, would be shown some favour and if Destiny would give up on Samrath and change its Plans. 

His instincts were telling him that there was a high chance that Destiny would change its Plans for Samrath or both of them, and he had a hunch that if he let things be, Yexuan would succeed in killing Samrath and get his hands on the Fragment of the Book of Life. 

"If Samrath dies at Yexuan's hands, will he be reborn again as a Child of Destiny with a different purpose?" He curiously asked the System. 

{it will cost a lot of Fate Value to verify it, which can not be done at the moment since Samrath still lives, but the System can tell you that it might happen since the Arya has gathered a lot of Good Karma in his life. Destiny would surely compensate him in his next life.} 

"I see." 

It was an answer enough for him to make up his mind, and he was more certain of his plan for the young Arya. 

"You can go and watch the final events of the Trials." He said to the two girls, making them curiously look at him. "Samrath will be challenging the Ozell for their points, and will be asking Rebecca to grant him an Open Trial against the Heir of the Ozell." 

They both nodded their head and exchanged a glance. 

Neither of them was interested in watching the Trials anymore. 

They were even more bored than Rebecca, and now that Yexuan had forfeited and left, and Samrath was declared the best Auror at the Trials, there was not going to be anything fun. 

The top three factions with the most points would be given one last opportunity to challenge each other for a set of points, but as things stood, the Mourntale were the top contenders to win one of the two Aura Stones since Yexuan had forfeited and his points had been deducted. 

They knew the results already, so there really was no point in going to the Garden of Florena and attending the last day of the Trials. 

"What are you going to do?" 

"Study." He smiled, making Kiara pout. 

"I will prepare some snacks." Minami immediately said with a smile. 

"I will help you and then we will finish the story we are on..." Kiara made her own plans with Minami, and the three of them left together for the Main Compound of the Mourntale Estate. 

"Helena!" The little Miss of the Demiliore Family brightly called out to the girl whom they found near Amelia's courtyard, doing her daily exercises, and the little Mourntale smiled at them before bowing. 

"Good morning." She greeted them and smiled when Kiara loveably hugged her. "If you are done with your exercises, you can help us prepare snacks, and then we will read a story..." 

It did not take her long to convince the girl to join them in their plans, and half an hour later, all three of them entered Keith and Amelia's room with their snacks and the storybook they were going to read. 

Minami served him the snacks she had prepared for him, putting them on the study table, not disturbing him as he immersed himself in reading the Devil Sutra. 

Little Helena, who was holding Void in her lap, was a little worried that they would disturb him as they chatted and started listening to Minami reading the story, but Kiara assured her that Keith would not be disturbed. 

She knew him well and knew that he was not going to lose focus on what he was doing even if they were a little loud. He had great control over his mind. And they were still mindful about keeping their voices low and adhered to the etiquette as Kiara had constructed a sound barrier around them with Magic. 

Both she and Minami had been reading a book on Magic that Keith had given them, and they had managed to learn a few useful spells from it. 

Helena was a little sceptical about the Magic that Kiara talked about, but soon her attention was locked on the interesting story about the journey of a baby Roc from its birth in the Lower Heaven to becoming one of the strongest Immortal Beasts in existence. 

Had Helena paid attention, she would have found that the baby cub in her lap was also immersed and attentively listening to the story as well, its cute little ears perking from time to time as Minami read through the thrilling adventures of the Roc. 

It suddenly started making some noise towards the end of the story, and Minami stopped and smiled at it. 

Helena was a little confused when Minami suddenly started explaining things to them about what exactly was happening in the scene, and her confusion only rose when Void happily yelped again. 

"It seems like he was confused." Kiara giggled, and Helena looked at the little cub in surprise. 

"It can understand our language?" She asked in disbelief, making Kiara and Minami giggle. 

"Yes." The blue-eyed girl nodded to her. "Our Void is very special." She lovingly scratched its head, making it purr in satisfaction. 

Minami then continued with the story, and Helena could not help but think of Void over and over again, wondering if by any chance the story she had listened to was real and if Void was just as special as Rocco. 

They finished the story just in time when the girls returned from the Garden of Florena and entered the room, and the first thing Void did was jump out of Helena's lap and lunge at Rebecca, who happily caught it in her embrace and planted a kiss on its head. 

"What's got you so excited?" She curiously asked, and Void happily started yelping, as if telling her about the story he had just listened to. 

"I see." She smiled slightly, not really knowing what it was saying, but seeing the storybook on the bed and the girls sitting there, she guessed what it was about. "You loved the story?" 

"Eee!" Void yelped again, making her giggle. 

"I am glad." She lovingly scratched its chin, which it closed its eyes to and contently purred. 

Amira and Reina happily jumped into the bed and started telling Kiara, Minami, and Helena about what happened at the Trials today. 

As expected, Samrath was declared the best Auror at the Trials, but the audience was surprised when he refused to accept the Aura Strone, feeling that he did not deserve it since he only won because Yexuan had forfeited the match. 

The Mourntale came out as the top Faction in the Trials, winning the bigger Aura Stone, and Samrath won his battle against the Heir of Ozell but spared his life in the end, something that the Head of Ozell openly expressed his gratitude for. 

"Are you going to the feast tonight?" Rebecca asked when she watched Keith close the Tome and make it disappear. 

"Yes." He nodded. 

"I am going to sleep then!" She happily walked over to him and captured his lips. "Thank you!" 

"You are welcome." He chuckled and then looked at Kashish. "Do you want to stay here for a few more days?" He asked. 

"My little brother is coming to Griffin City, and my family will be there with him. I have to return tomorrow" Kashish informed him with a smile. 

He nodded, already aware of it. 

"Take Alana with you." He suddenly said, catching everyone's attention, including the girl in question.

"What?" Alana frowned. "I..." 

"It's a beautiful place. You will like it." He told her. "We will join you there in a few days." 

She lowered her head and obediently nodded to him, understanding that he wanted her to get some fresh air and have some personal space to clear her mind. 

Alana did not want to leave, but she would still listen to him and do as he had told her since she completely trusted in him. 

70