Chapter 3: Oh Shit!
64 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was on impulse, but I held down the power button on my phone. My heart was racing each second the violet wallpaper was still there. 

Even though it was a misunderstanding, KawaiiKanojo readily complied with my request to be her boyfriend. She had accepted my request, without ever even meeting me.

I wanted my phone to turn off, as fast as it could. 

I wanted to be rid of KawaiiKanjo, as fast I could.

My thumb felt sore due to the immense pressure I placed on it. My breath felt heavy, as I made one long exhale. I could even feel the trembling in my hands. 

Then when my phone's screen turned black, I felt a sense of relief that I had not had in ages. After experiencing the sensation of my heart racing, I had realized something.

 For the first time in four years, I felt as if I was truly alive. 

However, I knew that it was fear that was causing my heart to race. Despite knowing "what" was causing my heart to race, I didn't know the reason as to "why."

Why was I so scared of KawaiiKanojo?

I wanted to save her life out of moral obligation. I wanted to convince her not to kill herself. I wanted to rid myself of any feelings of guilt that I had. However, because of my blunder, I inadvertently made it seem like I was confessing my feelings. If she had refused me or had turned out to be a part of a dating company, I would have been relieved. 

Too bad, that wasn't the case, as she appeared to be a real girl.

I mean what type of dating service uses a suicidal girl, as a selling point. Therefore it was only logical to conclude that KawaiiKanojo was a real person. 

However, I was at now odds with myself. My mind kept trying to convince me that KawaiiKanojo was fake; meanwhile, my heart did not.

I didn't want KawaiiKanojo to be a real person.

I didn't want to form a connection with others, romantic or otherwise. 

I didn't want to be hurt again.

Right now, I was still in my school's library, but I knew that this wasn't the appropriate place to sort out my issue.

I had to go home, where I could be at ease. Usually, I was a level headed person, but I left the library in a rush. I was walking so fast that my shoes squeaked and echoed throughout the halls of bookshelves. Of course, I attracted a lot of attention to myself, but I didn't even notice the eyes that were staring at me. My mind had been too distracted by the being known as KawaiiKanojo.

In a daze, I kept on walking at my irregularly fast pace. The scenery around me became a momentary blur, but I kept moving forward. As hard as it was to believe, I didn't know what was in front of me. I only had a single-tracked mind at the moment. I was moving based on instinct, and my instinct was telling to get home as fast as I could. 

In fact, it was only a matter of time before I ran into someone. However, it happened sooner than I had expected. 

Bump! Crash! Wham!

My phone had been sent flying out of my hands. I felt as if every inch of my body throbbed at the sudden impact. I had walked headfirst into another human being, and my field of vision was sent tunneling down. As I was falling towards the ground, I realized that the part that ached the most was my chin. Due to our difference in height, I had hit the person's forehead. Since I was of below-average height for a male, I could make an educated guess about the gender of who I bumped into. It was most likely a female, as there were rarely any boys that were shorter than I was.

Instead of hitting the tiles on the ground, the person I bumped into broke my fall. 

As I started to refocus my vision, my eyes shifted to the person in front of me. 

My educated guess turned out to be right after all. The girl in front of me had long silky black hair and snow-white skin. Maybe it was her perfume, but the scent of citrus wafted between my nostrils. I thought she would be in pain, but instead, her face screamed that she was irritated. Her cheeks had reddened, and the look in her brown eyes was a combination of anger and disgust. 

I couldn't understand why she looked at me like that at first, but then I found out why...

My left hand was pushing up against the ground. However, my right hand was pressing against something warm and round. At that moment, I knew that I had screwed up. 

My right hand was resting on her chest, and I could only think to myself,

Oh Shit!

My right hand had only felt the fabric of her white one-piece dress, but I had managed to get an idea of how big her breasts were. I had rather large hands for a boy, but I couldn't even grope the entirety of her breasts.

To be honest, I hadn't expected this to happen today or rather ever. Typically, you'd only see this kind of situation in fictional works like manga and anime. In fact, I couldn't believe that I fell victim to a cliche that was almost as old as time.

If someone told me I was lucky, I'd disagree.

If someone told me I was cursed, I'd call over an exorcist right away.

I didn't know how to go about this situation I was in, so I bowed my head and apologized. It seemed like the most appropriate thing to do.

"I'm sorry. I should have been more careful. Please forgive me!"

She didn't say a word in response to my apology. Instead, she only snarled at me. Her legs had yet to regain feeling from the impact, so she was still on the tiled ground. Her white dress hid her slender legs up to her ankles. The only thing I could see was her delicate feet, strapped by her black sandals. Her arms were covering her chest as if she were trying to protect herself. A tinge of guilt had made its way into my heart.

Even though I knew it wasn't the appropriate time, I couldn't help but be overtaken by her beauty. She was so alluring that she looked stunning, even when she was mad. I lost my train of thought by just looking at her. The only thing that brought me back to reality was the faint sound of a familiar song.

The song was my phone's ringtone, but my phone shouldn't have been on...

As if a switch went off inside my mind, I remembered what happened a few seconds earlier. When I collided with that girl, I had sent my phone hurling through the air. Even though it was a stretch, my phone probably landed on the power button. As the ringtone was playing in the background, I made my way towards my phone.

The look of anger and disgust vanished from her face. Instead, she looked astonished and covered her mouth with her hands. It was quite the overreaction for a ringtone but to each their own.

I was thinking to myself,

Who would be calling me?

However, I only asked myself as a formality. I had already known the answer. There was only one person who had my Lyne account information right now.

By process of elimination, It could've been only KawaiiKanojo.

I confirmed my speculation when I looked at the caller ID. The anxiousness from earlier was returning, and I debated whether to answer.

I wanted to know if she was actually real.

I wanted to clear our misunderstanding.  

As I was still thinking about answering the phone, I felt a slight tug on the back of my shirt.

The beautiful girl from earlier had managed to get back on her feet, but she now had a different aura about her. Instead of wanting to kill me, she seemed a bit more reserved. She had both hands behind her back, as she tapped the ground with her sandals. Her cheeks were still a rosy red. However, instead of being irritated, she looked embarrassed. She seemed like she wanted to say something, and she was trying to summon up all of her courage to do it.

Then when she spoke, I dropped my phone again.

I didn't know if I heard her correctly, so I asked her if she could repeat herself. Opposed to how shyly she said it the first time, this time she had on a more serious demeanor.

She clenched her fists and yelled,

"SENPAI I LOVE YOU, WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME!"

I stammered and said,

"W-What?"

I didn't know how to react to this situation. KawaiiKanojo's phone call echoed in my ears. Meanwhile, that beautiful girl's words echoed in my heart.

0