CHAPTER 4: THE DRAGON’S WILL
352 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Edward talking in his mind“The dragon’s will it’s something the dragon lord left behind to his worshippers.Dragons are sacred beast, they are legendary and once the guardians of Britannia.The people worship them and different myths and tales still remains among every generations, even after their demise.The Britannia family was blessed by dragon lord.That is the reason why there is no such powerful magician in whole continent other than the britannians.But there is one thing that is only pass down to the head of family — the dragon’s will.

It is said that in his last moments the dragon lord made a prophecy,”A child with my powers will be born in Britannia, with his superior intelligence and my powers he will show the world a new light and things will change for good”.That was the prophecy made by the dragon lord.After that it was pass down to each head of generation and each generation head look after their next generation to make this prophecy come true.But no was that capable and powerful like dragon lord.

As the time passed and generation after generation failed to prove the prophecy true, the generation head of Britannia started to believe that it was just a bluff by older generations so that they could make their position strong.But my lord[duke] never questioned this prophecy.Even if it was a secret, my lord trusted me and told it to me.I was so touched as he thinks so highly of me to share the family secret.I promised to take this secret to my grave.My lord trusted me with this secret to look after his grandchildren that if they could make the prophecy true.But when I looked at Blake and callen I knew that they were not the one.When I took some tests and lectures to educate them I realise their way of thinking and taking decision is just like every other rich lavish noble kid who lacks the capability to take right decision and face problems.Other than these kids there was one other kid ‘Leon’.Born with the name of beast, there was nothing good in his life, his mother was a commoner who died giving birth to him and his father ‘josh’ who was the most capable person to become the next head of family died in carriage accident when that kid was only two years old.I thought that this kid won’t be able to survive in this family as a half-blood even the maids look down on him.No one would have thought that he would be able to acquire dragon’s will and prove the prophecy true.The heavens truly showed mercy towards that kid.The lord suddenly called for me and said that the eight year boy had inherit the dragon’s will, it really shocked my mind.But seeing lord I am sure its a serious matter but still I want to see that child and see through my own eyes that if he really have that powers than how capable is he”.In leon’s room-Leon is sitting in balcony on a chair reading a book with a round table having two cups of tea in front of him, suddenly there is knock on door.

“Young master, count edward wishes to see you”haze said.

”Seems like my plan is going smoothly” Leon in his mind.

”Yes, please send him in” Leon said.

”Good afternoon, young master”edward said.

”Good afternoon, count edward please have a seat” Leon reply with a cute smile on his face.

’There are two cups of tea on the table that means he knew that I was coming.Beside that I can feel the intense mana in him just as the lord said.I have to be careful,I can’t take this kid for granted’ edward thinking in his mind and sits on the chair opposite to Leon.

”So, what brings you here count edward?”Leon ask the question taking a sip of tea.

”I heard from lord that young master was reading ‘The territorial conditions of empire’ so I was just curious about your thoughts on it” edward reply.

”If you ask about my thoughts on it I would say the north-east of empire will face severe problems of crop shortage and crop damage this year and this will benefit us”Leon reply with a calm look on his face.

”How can you say it as long as I remember there is no such saying like this in the book” edward asks with a curious and surprised look on his face.

”Yes, but if you look on the past records of land conditions of north east in fall seasons, you will notice that its getting worst every year and the rivers are also in pretty bad condition its more likely to get dry.So they have to look for other resources of water and more importantly you can tell just by looking at the predictions of wind flow that this year there is a high chance of crops been attack by phytophagous insects.So even if some of the farmers save their crops through rough land and water problems they will have to face with unexpected change in weather and sudden attack of insects from the north border.Even after all of this if the farmers are able to save that crops, it will be not that much sufficient to fulfil all the needs and they will have to seek help and as britannia’s land will be flourished with highly rich crops in a mass this year too.Isn’t it obvious whose going to take advantage of the situation and who got the upper hand as our reputation is well known all over the empire”.Leon said with ease on his face.

”Amazing, I cannot believe that I am hearing all of this just from an eight year old boy.The crop shortage problems that the north east of wales will face,I already discussed it with lord.But just looking at wind flows and pressure he[Leon] even predicted the problems of insects which I never thought of, interesting’ edward in his mind.

”You are quite amazing then my expectations, young master.But there is still something I would like you to ask, why do you think we will be benefited from this situation we can simply just inform the emperor about the situation and save them from it” edward asked.

”Right now the count is asking me a silly question, do you really think that the emperor will listen to us.Isn’t that a given that he will pay no attention to our words and using our information he will become saviour in eyes of people.As his sworn enemies he will use every situation for his benefit and to destroy us and so should we.Rather than giving up this opportunity to emperor like a fool, we should use it to gain support of more and more people and stronger our position” Leon reply.

”The young master is absolutely correct, thank you for having a talk with me and clearing my curiosity I should take your leave now young master, I hope in future we could have more talks like this” edward said with a smile on his face.

”Yes we surely will” Leon reply.

Leaving leon’s room walking in hallway — edward thinking in his mind,”Replying my second question as a true britannian.The young master is a real britannian who will hold the capacity to make Britannia better than ever.He will surpass his father no the way he thinks at such an young age he might even surpass the lord” edward smiles while thinking this.In the Duke’s office —

“So what are your thoughts on that kid, edward?”the duke asked.

”It was more likely that the young master is a genius who was hiding his powers.The way he talks, behaves and acts is something his age kids won’t be able to do.Young master was even aware of the insights and conditions of Britannia with the wales.He acts like a true britannian does.The way young master thinks resembles more like you lord.It’s no doubt that there can’t be a more capable person than young master to inherit dragon’s will and your blood.He is more than enough capable to handle Britannia in future.And things will change for good under him” edward answered with respect.

”Ha-ha-ha looks like he left an impression on you that kid is full of surprise.Its really making me excited.I was going to give him presents but know after hearing from you I should give him a bigger one’ the duke said while laughing.

’Indeed’ edward reply.

In leon’s room he thinking in his mind,”Things are slowly getting in their place but this is just the beginning although I have impressed edward but I have to make my bond with grandfather more strong”Leon in his mind.

As Leon was thinking in his mind haze enters into the room and says to Leon with a panic tone,”Young master,
** you should come outside and see what is happening”.**

*[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]*

16