CHAPTER 10: THE ATTACK
230 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Leon and jared were looking at the walls and gate, suddenly a bell starts to ring from the top of wall were the post guards were assigned.It was obvious from ringing bells that it was a monster wave.

”They are coming” one guard look down from the wall on the side where the captain and Leon were standing and said.

”Prepare for war, get your armours and weapons ready.Open the gates and close-combat soldiers get to the other side with your weapons in formation.Troop-b with long range start to climb upward at the wall” the captain ordered in loud voice.

Jared joins the other soldiers to fight from ground as he is a knight, while Leon climbs the wall as he is a magician, Richard accompanying him upward.

”Shouldn’t you lead the troops?” Leon asked.

”No worries, we are doing it for years they know what they are doing.If situation goes worst than I will step in otherwise it’s fine” Richard replied.

”More importantly I want to see if you have something in yourself or you are a foolish one to invite your own death” Richard said in his mind.As the soldiers reaches the other side and takes their positions the gates closes.On the other side far away where the forest ends a bunch of monsters in bulk were coming towards them, as the land was barren the running monster made the wind unclear by flowing dust and soil.So it was unable to tell what monsters were coming towards the gate.As they come near and the dust clears, Leon who was excited for it suddenly had a shocking expression on his face.Coming towards them was bunch of golems, ogres and orcs, pack of werewolf and some goblin mages with it.

”What... this is getting on my nerves, this is level 3 I mean they are just small fries.I know that I will see such monsters but thinking that it was level 3 I thought that there will be at least one stronger opponent for me.Hmm I should have just asked the captain to take me at level 5 gate” Leon in his mind.

Leon pointed his hand towards the running monsters and than without chanting spell and just imagining it in his mind five huge circle formed in the sky and as soon as Leon point his wrist down a huge purple lightning strikes the ground with a large noise, with a big flash.As soon as the flash is gone half of the monster wave was cleared resulting in their death.The captain Richard who was standing right next to Leon was so shocked that he didn’t even blinked his eyes and having his mouth wide open.The soldiers at the ground who were hyped to fight the monster look upwards towards Leon with the expression of amusement and shock.”What a let down, I should have get all of them in one strike” Leon said with serious expression.

”What let down??I also have magician in my troop but such monstrous power, such speed to perform spells and not even chanting them.As expected of britannian blood, I shouldn’t underestimate him.The duke wasn’t playing around sending this kid here.He is a real beast and a most dangerous one at that” Richard said in his mind.

“As expected of the Britannia family.All hail the Britannia” one soldier shouted.

There were cheering on the battleground for Britannia.”Look at the personal knight of young master, even he is amazing” another soldier shouted.Although jared had taken training for few days he already figured out how to use aura and he was taking three to four monsters down in a single strike.

”As expected of my master he really is special and different from others” jared said in his mind while fighting.

”He is holding well” Leon in his mind.”Although he is still rough on edges he is performing pretty good at his age to use aura compare to others he has potential” Richard said to Leon looking at jared.

”Then please train him captain” Leon said with a smile.

Although the request bit shock him but he instantly accepts it.This time Leon could see respect for him in richard’s eyes as he accept leon’s request.As Richard had also came to understand after seeing leon’s power that Leon was not here to slack off, he was serious from the start and that seriousness gained him respect in eyes of Richard.The battle finished quicker than expected as Leon already finished half of the wave and seeing his enormous power gave a morale boost to other soldiers.As the battle ends every one returns backs with a smile on their face as it was the first day in these many years were not a single casualties was held.Although there were some minor injuries to some soldiers not a single person died.It gave the soldiers hope that one day even they will be able to return home safe and meet their families.Leon came in as the ray of hopes for them and they start looking highly of him with respect.Count edward was busy implementing the orders Leon gave, although he not go to the gate but he came to know what happened on the battlefield through Richard.Edward knew what’s he going to face from now on as Leon will have to fight in battles.It won’t be possible to hide leon’s powers forever but his goal was to hide Leon from the eyes of world for six years that’s why he told Richard to not get any information about Leon out of army.Although Richard is trustworthy edward keep the important facts to himself and told Richard to not get any information about Leon out of army as per duke’s orders.”Richard promised and pass an order in battalion to not get any information about Leon to outside world.It wasn’t that difficult of task as Leon was already consider a hero in their eyes after today’s battle.Edward was told by the duke already to be secretly in constant contact with him as they reach western gates and give the duke information of all the activities of whole day.Edward writes the whole day incidents on a paper and chant some spell on it.As soon as he finish chanting the spell, the paper burns.

“Well, now that’s done I should go to young master” edward said to himself and goes to leon’s room.

It was decide already that edward will teach Leon about magic in night as no eyes will watch them and that will be easy for them.As edward enters leon’s room and starts to teach him Leon studies with attentiveness holding a magic book in his hand.At Britannia mansion — the duke wearing a robe is in a small room having firewood and no lights on.The room is lighted only by the light of firewood.The duke is sitting on the sofa and suddenly the paper which was on his table was filled with words.It was the technique edward and duke were using to communicate.As his reads the whole letter and finishes reading it the letter burns itself.

”Doing such actions already on his first day, huh” the duke told to himself with a smile on his face, referring to Leon.Deep inside the mystery forest-a huge tree of the size of a six storey building suddenly shines with blue light.Somebody said
**”Oh my, the goddess wants to tell us something”**

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]

Announcement
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT.PLEASE KEEP SUPPORTING.

MASS RELEASE COMING SOON

14