CHAPTER 15: FRIENDS?
200 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the queen and Leon are having the talk a sudden voice came, “Mom...”.

As Leon look by where the voice came he saw a little girl probably same age as him her hair resemble to queen’s hair same white hair as snow like, but her eyes were dark red.She looked like a fairy straight from a fairy tale.The girl was half hiding behind one maid elf and looking at Leon.Leon was looking at her surprisingly as word’s couldn’t define the girl’s beauty and cuteness.But he quickly came back to her sense as he was sitting in-front of the queen.

“Oh my aerin, did you came to see mommy” the queen said.
The girl nodded while still hiding behind the maid.
“Please pardon the intrusion young lord of Britannia.Let me introduce you to her.She is aerin my only daughter.She would have introduced herself but as you could see and tell by yourself it’s her first time meeting a human that is why she is a bit nervous and hesitated, my apologies.But She is same age as of you so I hope that you two will go along and I can tell you as her mother that she is definitely a good child” the queen said to Leon.

“I understand and I will do my best to get along with the princess.But first please call me by my first name as your highness mention that the princess and me are of same age so please don’t address me formal.I am fine with you calling me by my first name, your highness” Leon replied.

“As you wish, then I should refer you by your first name from now on” the queen said.

Leon gets up from the chair to greet the princess and with proper etiquette and one knee bow down he introduces himself to the princess.As soon as he introduce himself the princess who was hiding properly shows herself as she took some steps and came forward.

“Aerin...I am aerin araric” the girl told to Leon without making eye contact as she is nervous and hesitated, she didn’t for even once looked at Leon.

“Nice to meet you princess aerin, can we become friends” Leon asked with a smile offering his hand to aerin.

As soon as Leon said those words aerin’s eyes broadened, for the first time she properly looked at Leon and made eye contact.She could tell by looking at his face that he wasn’t joking he really wanted to be her friend.It wasn’t her first time that somebody of her age requested to be her friend, but the reason they approach her was because she was a princess, they wanted to just use her and when she found out that, it left a deep impression on her mind.Then after whomsoever approached her or tried to get closer to her she gave them a cold gaze except her parents.Her silent and cold attitude towards other was scarier and she could only talk and being comfortable around her parents.That’s why she was surprised when Leon offered his hand for friendship she could see in his eyes and tell that he had no ulterior motive.She slowly moved her hand towards leon’s hand and as soon as their hands made contact with each other for a second aerin’s eyes looked at leon’s face it was like time slowed down there for her and as she looked at his smiling face she could feel a different feeling the warmth of his hand, the genuine smile on his face something in her was telling to trust him and that he wasn’t like others she had meet before.Her heart was racing and she had never experience such feeling before.And as she feels that feeling she give a wholeheartedly smile while shaking his hand and accepting his friendship.As she gives the smile, it was so adorable that made Leon blush a bit and he tries to control and not to show what he felt, on his face and make it obvious.It was first time for Leon in this world to have a friend of the same age.Both of them were still holding their hands looking into each other’s eyes with smile on their faces.

“Cough...cough.Sorry to interrupt your moment but I think you can save your talk for later it’s already too late, both of you should go to your rooms and have some rest” the queen said with calm as she watches the whole scenario sitting on the chair.

Both of them quickly pulls their hand back and looks in different direction as their faces are red with embarrassment and as they realises that they were still in the presence of queen and she was watching them.

“Then I take your permission to leave first” Leon said and quickly leaves.
“I...suddenly remember some work so I also take your leave” aerin said making a grinning face with sweat and leaves quickly.

“When was the last time when she looked at someone with that face.I never saw her smiling that brightly not even to me.But it’s good as long as she is happy, I am happy too.What the future holds nobody knows so we just have to enjoy this moment” the queen talks to herself in her mind.

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]

11