CHAPTER 23: BONDS
175 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the party, both Leon and duke were having a personal chat in the resting room with a cup of night tea.

“Geez… grandpa what was with that Blood Beast title? I mean I know that people had given me that nickname but were it necessary to call me by that while introducing me at the ceremony?” Leon asked the Duke in a manner to tease him.

“Tsk look at this kid talking all informal to his grandfather. And there was nothing wrong with the way I introduced you. Didn’t you see those moron dumbfounded faces ha..ha..ha. Serves them right now their leashes will be in our hand and they won’t dare to bite us. I am just waiting for that bigger moron[emperor] to receive this news. The expression on his face will surely be fun to see” the Duke said with laughter.

The people thought that the reign of Britannia will end as the next generation wasn’t something to look forward but with the return of Leon who already proved his worth to the world at such a young age, the whole situation had now changed. And that is why the Duke’s happiness on this matter was Obvious.

“But the game has just begun and I have to make my next move quickly by cleaning the insides first,” Leon said with seriousness in his tone.

“Do what you think is correct. I already announced you as the next head so I won’t stop you, I trust your decision and my support is always there for you” the Duke said taking a sip of tea.

To make his path clear Leon had to clear the people who were on the emperor’s side including his uncle and his family. To do so, he had to outsmart them as they were also part of the family, and the Duke won’t allow in-family confrontation so he already had a plan for them. As Leon returns to the mansion it became sensational news and a hot topic for gossip all around the empire after what happened last night at the party. Everybody was having their different opinions on that matter but there were people too who were happy about it and the happiest person right now was haze.

As soon as she heard what happened last night at the party and that Leon had returned, her happiness was on the seventh sky. From the morning she was around Leon taking care of him. It was obvious for her to act like that cause both of them share a pure bond of that like a mother and son.

The same morning – the whole family is present at the breakfast table.

“It’s so good to see you again my little nephew I can’t tell you how happy I was, seeing you alive in a perfectly fine state at the party,” Lisa said.

Although she said those words her eyes were telling a different story and Leon had seen through it. Those empty words weren’t a new thing for him, so he just smiled at her. But some people were clearly showing their emotions on their faces and they were Blake and Callen. Both of them weren’t happy about it at all. But it didn’t bother Leon a bit.

“Recently the rose village is facing some water crisis issue and, I was also informed from the count that some local goons had become a headache not just for the residents but also for the nearby villages,” Leon said.

“Hm... I was also informed by Edward about this matter and we will have to do something about it” the duke calmly responded while having his breakfast in proper noble etiquette.

“There is no need grandfather, I already found a solution for this problem. The goons can be dealt with, with the help of knights it’s easy but the main problem is the water crisis so I have been thinking how about we sent uncle George there to solve this problem?” Leon said.

As soon as Leon completed his statement George's expressions become pale. The rose village was like an isolated land located south of Britannia. Leon’s main motive was to move George and his family away from the Britannia mansion as they were supporting the emperor there was a high risk in keeping them around and rose was the perfect place for this as that barren land was a good for nothing with no facilities and connections to the outer world it was a remote area with almost no population as most of the village people left that area as it was so underdeveloped that place was perfect for them as they wouldn’t have people over there whom they could order around and the emperor wouldn’t be able to get the glimpse of the insides of Britannia with George and his family located at the rose village. But they did not have the slightest idea what kind of place the rose village was and Leon took the advantage of that thing.

“Hm...that a good solution. I agree and blake and Callen would also accompany George so that they could get some experience over such matter and they could learn how to handle such situations” the duke said.

Both blake and Callen's faces become pale after hearing it.

“Us...I don’t think it’s really necessary to go there. I like here in the mansion” blake said with an expression of displeasure.

“Father I think it’s unnecessary to send George and my sons over there, such trivial things can be handled by count Edward,” Lisa said.

“Count is already busy handling the state affairs after his long return to the mansion, so I think uncle is the right candidate for it” Leon replied quickly.

“Okay then it's final, George with Blake and Callen will departure soon for the rose village” duke responded calmly.

“But father/grandfather...” George and his sons said in sync.

Before they could say anything further duke said in a fierce tone.

“Shut up, it's decided and there won’t be further discussion on this matter. I remain quiet when you[george] bring up the idea of that stupid cloth company and allow you to set it up but you failed me with getting my money in the drain, the company failed miserably. And you both [he is referring to blake and callen] did nothing exceptional other than picking fights with random people till now is this the blood and honor of Britannia we are so proud of? So just do what I said” the duke said in loud voice and left.

“No way that old man was in this too,” Lisa told herself in her mind. Her face was full of anger and hatred towards Leon, but she couldn’t do anything about it.

“Leon who was still on the breakfast table was having a smile of winners on his face as the first barrier in his journey had been removed.

After the duke’s order, Lisa had no choice but to accompany her husband and sons in this journey to maintain her dignity in eyes of other nobles, and with this Leon's plan to outsmart George and his family came to an end with the help of the duke.

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]

We completed 2K views.Together we complete and surpass a small checkpoint in this long journey.But I wanted to share this little happiness with you guys as my family and also wanted to remind myself every time that my journey is about making people happy from my work.Have a nice day ahead.

10