CHAPTER 35: EMOTIONS
132 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere unknown,
There was no sunlight in a dark climate with purple thunderbolts. The place was giving similar vibes to the underworld. There is a dark palace in this place, and we could see Felix standing on the balcony of that dark palace.

One human-like doll which is alive is standing beside him.

“Master, can I ask you a question,” the doll asked.

“Go ahead. I am in a good mood today. Ask whatever you want to,” Felix replied.

“Master, you are the mastermind of the demon army and the trusted servant of the great demon lord. You could easily handle an army of 1000 men; why did you just kill the emperor and return? You could have easily conquered the whole empire,” the doll asked.

“Have you ever seen an ants colony? The queen is the head of the whole colony, and if she dies, the whole colony gets destroyed. The other ants will lose their way and won’t know what to do. The humans are just like that; panic will be created alongside fear once I take their king out. They will also lose their sense of direction and take the wrong step. But you know there is one thing in humans which makes the whole scenario more interesting,” Felix said.

“One more thing? What is it?” the doll asked with curiosity.

“Emotions, human emotions which could make them pathetic or heroic. Once the news of their king being dead is declared, different emotions will conquer their mind, and my show will begin. Pain, fear, anxiety, greed for power, and greed for money; when such malice will take over their minds and their swords will turn over, it will be interesting to watch them kill their own types. And such emotions are the reasons humans are considered to be a fool. Once they destroy each other, we will easily take them over.” Felix said.

“Let’s just enjoy the show”, Felix further said and laughed.

“You are really amazing master,” the doll said and gave a creepy laugh.

On the other side -

Everybody was shocked to hear the news of the emperor’s demise; even Leon couldn’t understand what had happened.

“We will announce to the public after this meeting”, Arthur said to all the people present at the conference.

“Pardon... after the meeting, won’t it create a ruckus if we suddenly declared the emperor dead. He was addressing the civilians just yesterday, and today his sudden death...It will shock the public. We should wait and discuss,” one of the nobles present there said.

“We could do that, but nothing’s gonna change the fact. And I have already ordered proper investigations before the meeting. According to the royal doctors, the reason for the death is still unknown. But I have ordered the royal guards to investigate further deeply,” Arthur said severely.

“Also, I order you all not to leave the capital for a few days until we get some proper conclusion on the investigation”, Arthur further continued.

“What...does that means? Are you suspecting us for the emperor’s murder, crown prince?” one noble stands up and asks, raising his voice.

“Lower your voice, marquess; this isn’t a request. It’s an order, and going against it will make a prime suspect,” Arthur said.

Hearing those words, the person immediately settles down, and the atmosphere becomes silent. Everybody suspected each other, and there were no answers. More importantly, Arthur, who has now got all the power and authority, became a sudden pain. The situation didn’t look good at all.

Leon, eavesdropping on the whole conversation, was also shocked and confused. From his point of view, two people could do such a thing - Arthur or the demon race.
Arthur was someone who wanted to inherit the power and throne, and after yesterday’s murder attempt on the emperor, it was a good chance for him to put his plan into action. Even if Arthur was not involved in this, the problems weren’t solved cause now he had the powers in his hand, and he could easily take down Britannia by putting false accusations of the emperor’s murder. He was in a dilemma, but the first thing he knew he had to do was to come up with a counter plan so that Britannia gets a clean sheet in the investigation.

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]

Due to the author's bad health, the chapter updates had become irregular for a few days and we are sorry for that. The author is also sad and apologizes for that. Please note that there will be no updates tomorrow as the author is still recovering and we had decided to not update the novel on Tuesdays and  Thursdays from now on. Hope you guys understand. Have a nice day ahead.

7