CHAPTER 36: ONE STEP AHEAD
133 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As discussed in the meeting, Arthur addressed the audience and declared the emperor's death. The news shocked the whole capital. The reporters present there immediately passed the shocking news, and the news spread like wildfire.

Not just the whole empire but the surrounding empires also got the news. The situation was critical as an empire without a monarch was like an open invitation to the enemies. It was perfect timing for the enemies to come forth and take action.No one had any idea about what to do, and the only thing on everybody's mind was to survive no matter what. On the other side, Leon was trying his best to come up with an idea to not get Britannia involved in all of these. The duke returns from the palace and calls Leon to discuss this matter.

"I don't know who killed that bastard, but what's worrying me is that little rat who is far more ahead than his father. I am sure he will use this opportunity against us," the duke said in a frustrated and angry tone.

"I know grandfather and we have to move smartly..."

Just as they were talking, the butler informed them that royal knights from the palace had come for the duke.

"Looks like he was thinking ahead of us," the duke said to Leon.

"Damn it," Leon said in his mind and clenched his fist.

"As per the order of the crown prince, we are here to investigate the murder of the emperor. Please cooperate with us duke, and come to the royal palace for some interrogation," one of the knights said.

As it was a royal command, the duke and Leon didn't say anything further and decided to go with the flow as it wasn't the right time to hold an argument.

As the duke goes with the knights to the palace, Leon tries to look for some solution. The situation wasn't looking good for him, and it felt like he would be checkmate at any point.

At the palace, the knights were interrogating the duke and trying to make him admit the crime by putting pressure on him, but he wasn't someone who could be easily won over. Moreover, his presence was strong enough to make anyone tremble. But as the situation was not in the duke's favor, it was more likely that Arthur would do anything to keep him in prison. Just in time, Leon seeks an audience with the crown prince.

"I request your highness the crown prince to release the duke", Leon requested kindly.

"Do you have any proof to prove his innocence?" Arthur asked.

"I do," Leon said.

He takes out a small bottle that contains some portion in it. That portion was the family treasure of Britannia - 'The Tears Of Heaven'.Whomsoever drinks that portion will only tell the truth, and it was Britannia's important treasure. Everybody knew of it, and so did Arthur.

"Thanks to god that I remembered this legendary treasure due to which grandpa will be safe now. Once grandfather gets the clean sheet in this whole matter I will find out whomsoever is behind all of these and Arthur I will make sure to get you ten folds back for making me use this treasure," Leon said in his mind.

After using that item on the duke and asking him questions, his innocence was proved, and he was set free from the interrogation.

"I am sorry, grandfather, for using the portion without asking for your permission even though it was our family treasure," Leon said to the duke.

"Don't be sorry about it at least that thing put me out of a horrible situation thanks to you. But that kid he is moving way too fast and using this opportunity at its fullest," the duke said.

Leon was also aware of that, and somewhere he was angry at himself for not being cautious. On one side, the emperor's funeral was held, while on the other side, in the name of interrogation, Arthur was taking down everybody who was in his way but still, his main target was Britannia.

Leon ordered the unknown army to get information about the emperor's death and not leave even the tiniest information. As the duke's innocence was proved, he and Leon decided to leave for Britannia. At that time, Leon didn't have the slightest idea that the existence of the demon race would slowly unfold to the whole world shortly.

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]

A reminder

No uploads on Tuesdays and Thursdays (KST)

7