CHAPTER 37: ALFRED
127 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leon returns to Britannia with the duke. He was eager and frustrated to know the culprit behind the whole scene. As per his orders, the unknown army was investigating the entire matter hiding in the shadows. They collected all the information related to the murder and sent a report to Leon.

Leon got the report and was shocked as he read it.

"What?? traces of dark mana," Leon said to himself.

Arthur took the magic tower's help to solve the mystery of the emperor's death, and to his surprise, the mages from the magic tower concluded that dark magic was involved in all of these. It was shocking for Arthur, too, but he decided to investigate further and ensure that the information wasn't leaked. Little did he know that the unknown army, which was keeping a close eye on all of these, got all the information they needed.

"As much as I know the demon lord 'Lucifer' isn't someone to hide behind the bush and play games.If he want he would have attacked me directly without thinking much. So then who? I think I need someone who had known the demons very closely," Leon said to himself.

He points forward his left hand, on which he wears the 'Ring Of Death', and then he closes his eyes. He was concentrating his dark mana into the ring, and as soon as he did that, the ring started to emit a purple light. The ring was legendary cause it had a lot of uses that we are still unaware of. Leon was familiar with the ring's powers, and he realized that it was time to use one of the ace cards he had up his sleeve.

As sufficient dark mana is poured into the ring, a purple magic circle is created in the air big enough to cover the whole room, and then suddenly, dark smoke splashes and spreads throughout the room. As the dark smoke in the room clears, we can see a person bend on one knee, bowing and showing his respect toward Leon. The butler's attire, with white hair and a white beard, looked like an old man in his 50s or more, but he had a good physique. 

"I, Alfred, bow down to my new master," the person said.

Alfred was bound with the ring, so whomsoever wore the ring became the master of Alfred. At first look, people would tell Alfred as just an old man, but he was more than an old man. He had lived for more than a thousand years, and no one knew his correct age. He might look like an old man, but he was specialized in every fighting combat. He was also the right-hand man of the former demon lord 'Drake'. Alfred's loyalty to his master was something every master wishes from his servant. Not just fighting, he was specialized in every field. He is considered one of the most powerful beings, which is why 'lucifer' searched for the ring everywhere after Drake vanished. Now, as Leon is the new owner of the ring, Alfred serves under him. And Leon summoned him because he had served the former demon lord, so he knew about the demon army very well, which is what Leon is looking for.

"You may rise, Alfred. Now you will serve under me," Leon ordered.

"I am pleased to do so, master. I will do my best," Alfred replied humbly.

"Alfred, I know you have served the former demon lord Drake. Can you give me some information about the demon army?" Leon asked.

"As you are my master now, I pledge my loyalty to you, so I am willing to tell you whatever you want, master," Alfred said respectfully.

"That a good news," Leon said.

After that, Leon explained the whole situation to Alfred and the things that had happened. Alfred kindly listened to all of it.

"According to what you have told me till now, just one person like that in the demon army comes up in my mind, which is most likely your culprit," Alfred said.

"Felix, he is the one person that could be your target. Also known as the mastermind of the demon army. The loyal servant of the demon lord lucifer. He likes to toy with his targets before actually crushing them. His mind games are just like his character dirty. There is a high possibility that the one behind all of this is him," Alfred further said.

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]

7