CHAPTER 43: PREPARE FOR WAR!!
105 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the end of the northern border of Britannia starts the territory of Deltora. It's a small kingdom compared to Wales. The relations between the two kingdoms were not on good terms until a peace treaty was signed during the era of monsters. The domain is always covered up in the snow, situated in the north.

Although the kingdom of Deltora might lack human resources, their weapon crafting is top-notch. Still, as it was located in the northern part of the continent, it could not produce sufficient food, resulting in many civilians' death; at that time, when the monsters were making their way to rule over the world, both the kingdoms unified with a peace treaty. The Deltora provided Wales with weapons while, in return, they got food. 

This unification between both the kingdoms was beneficial during the war. Since then, the peace treaty has been carried out for the last 100 years. As per the original novel, after Arthur becomes the king, his power was still lacking and not sufficient to stand up against Britannia, and that is when he took the help of the Deltora kingdom. In return for the many precious assets of Britannia, he asked the king of Deltora to help him capture the duchy. Although a peace treaty was signed in the past, the king ruling the kingdom of Deltora was not on good terms with Britannia, and he agreed to Arthur's offer. 

But this time, things are different as Leon is already aware of the future. As Arthur will soon become the emperor, his Moto is clear to gain power. As a young emperor, he had to make people believe in his capabilities, and to do so; he had to prove his worth. By getting Britannia under his hand, he will get a lot of power, and the support of nobles and civilians will directly turn towards him. 

But what if Britannia gains more power before Arthur?

After the emperor's death, Britannia no longer needs to suppress their power as Arthur is someone who will attack them directly, not hiding behind the shadows. So now Britannia should also answer them at the front; Leon came up with a plan to do so.

In the duke's office - 

"So you are telling me to pass the orders to attack Deltora? There is so much risk in it, Leon, and don't forget that the empire had signed a peace treaty with them. If we break that treaty, we will definitely be targeted by that brat as he will now ascend the throne and use this opportunity to dispose of us," the duke said.

"I am aware of it, grandfather, but you are also aware that now is the time to strike if we don't take action, we will be the one to suffer, and as the treaty breaks, it will be clear to all that we will fight from the front" Leon replied.

"Pardon my intrusion, duke, but what young master said is correct. Sooner or later, we will have to face the new emperor. So it's the perfect time to take some actions now and get some support to our side," Edward suggested.

"Hm…but why did you choose Deltora?" the duke asked.

"It's simple cause once we seize Deltora, we will get control over all their assets and their main power, the weapon crafting. If we get our hands on that, even Arthur won't be able to do something officially. As Deltora is the only way of weapon supply for Wales, they will be forced not to attack us upfront," Leon said.

"Attack officially you said. In the best way possible, they won't be able to attack the duchy, and we are the best to handle the unofficial attacks, ha..ha..ha," the duke laughed.

"Very well, I will pass the orders but be careful," the duke said.

The orders for war were passed, and the whole duchy started to prepare for it. Everybody was given proper instructions, so all the preparations were done silently. No one from outside could tell that preparation for war was going on. As Arthur might interrupt them before taking any actions under the imperial orders. So things were carried out silently and secretly so no suspicions would arise. 

Although the kingdom of Deltora might have the best weapons, it lacked manpower, which was a good thing for Britannia. As the duchy was not just supported by the knights, but there were a lot of mages too. Although they have the elves' support, Leon decided not to involve them in this war as he was confident in his plan. 

After few days 

Knock…knock 

Edward comes into Leon's office,

"Young Master, the preparations for war are almost on the verge of completion, but there is still one problem," Edward said.

"Please speak count," Leon said.

"How will we execute the attack? I mean, moving a huge army to the northern borders will surely raise suspicions, and it's not like we will be able to hide our army from the enemies. Even the emperor will get aware of it," Edward said.

"Don't worry, count; I have already thought of it", Leon said and smiled. 

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]

=========================================================================

As the author has a busy schedule, we cannot keep up with the given deadline. We will try our best not to delay the release.

Have a nice day !!

6