CHAPTER 48: ROYAL ORDERS
107 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the phoenix squad arrived at Britannia carrying the emperor’s order, they were stopped at the mansion’s gates. The one standing at the entrance blocking their path was none other than Leon, accompanied by Jared and Alfred.

“This is the phoenix squad step aside; we carry the emperor’s orders,” one knight of the phoenix squad said.
 
“You can’t go any further. Stay there and state your business,” Leon replied.

“It looks like the Britannians haven’t learned how to welcome a guest,” a voice came.

A man came out from the carriage, double the size of Leon. He was so big that some guards at the gate got afraid just looking at his size. Jaden Britannia, the war hero of the empire, doubled the size and power of an average human. His mana power was no joke; such a man was now standing in front of Leon.

“Whether a guest should be welcomed or not depends on the purpose he visits for,” Leon replied to Jaden.

“Huh, meeting after all these years and this is how you greet your uncle, punk. Looks like the old man had not taught you anything,” Jaden said.

“I don’t think you visited Britannia as my uncle; it seems like a visit of a royal officer who is just doing his duty,” Leon replied.

“Looks like you are so much swayed by that old man’s foolish morals that you have even forgotten your manners,” Jaden said.

“Rather than worrying about my manners, you should state your business, commander,” Leon replied calmly.

“Very well then listen carefully, I the commander of phoenix squad and the loyal knight of the wales empire - Jared, carries the orders of the emperor ‘Arthur C. Wales’”

“The Duke of Britannia - Kaizen Britannia and his grandson Leon Britannia are ordered to surrender themselves and arrive at the capital. You have been charged with the crime of treason for destroying the peace treaty by attacking the Deltora kingdom. Your crime is not forgiven still you will be given a chance to prove your innocence at the imperial court” this was the content of the orders.

 “So I am here to take you two to the capital, and I expect your cooperation,” Jaden said.

“Proving innocence my ass, taking us as criminals and charging us with multiple crimes in the court in front of everyone. It’s just Arthur’s way of becoming a public hero and defaming us before properly destroying us,” Leon in his mind.

“Screw that, is the emperor that dumb that he can’t 
understand that we have already declared our intentions. Take your orders back with you,” Leon said to Jaden.

“Look kid, you still have the time it isn’t late you can still turn around. You are still young and have a long life in front of you I will make sure with my powers to help you and get you out of this mess safely just hand in the duchy and the old man,” Jaden suggested.

“My answer is still the same and it won’t change,” Leon said without any hesitation.

“Is that so? Then I guess I have no choice but to take action against the criminals of the empire,” Jaden said.

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]
============================================================================
DISCORD LINK:  https://discord.gg/w2X2QanYf3

5