CHAPTER 54: HERO VS HERO
169 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A hero who wins and defeats the villains, a hero who victors over darkness, who brings the light of hope to the weak ones. Everyone wants to be a hero in their life; they want to create history, do something big, and create a name for themselves. But a story doesn’t have two heroes. There are just one protagonist and the other side characters. What will happen when two heroes with different mindsets clash with each other. In the end, there will be just one man standing.

“Do you really think you stand a chance against us old man” 

One of the nobles said. It seems like the nobles have rounded up the duke. Cornering him, they are trying to break his spirit. The duke smiles.

“Yeah, the royal bloodline is special, so give up,” another noble said.

The one with a royal bloodline was different from other humans. Their powers exceeded far more than that of an average person. Blessed by the god, they could also use magic, but only a few people could use it. An expert or a genius born in their bloodline once in a century was capable of doing that.  

“Of course, I do cause my grandson will create history today!!”

The duke bangs his leg on the ground, and his power smashes the whole land. His hands start to emit lightning, and he releases that lightning into the ground. The lightning spreads and the shock waves reach the nobles giving them a massive current.

On the other side, 

Both Arthur and Leon are standing against each other ready to face off.

“Let’s settle this for once and for all,” Arthur said.

“Yeah, I was waiting for it too,” Leon replied.

“Fire Blast” Arthur cast a spell.

A massive ball of fire launches toward Leon but Leon stands still without moving an inch from his position, and the attack hits him, making a large explosion. There was smoke everywhere from that attack; as the smoke cleared out, Arthur was shocked as Leon didn’t even get a scratch from that attack; there was a magic shield surrounding him.

“What? His magic shield holds up against my attack? So this is the power of a dragon, huh interesting,” Arthur.

As Arthur was just thinking there for a mere second, he felt a dangerous blood lust from his behind. 

“My turn” 

Before he could react or do something, Leon grabs the back of Arthur’s neck and smashes his face on the ground. Leon was so quick with his attack that Arthur couldn’t even notice when and how Leon got behind him. 

“Not bad”

Arthur gets up and spits the blood from his mouth. He takes out his sword and covers it up with his aura. With a fantastic speed, he covers the distance between himself and Leon; he was about to swing his sword toward Leon, but it was of no use. Leon already saw through his attack, and he caught Arthur’s sword with just two of his fingers which shocked Arthur at that moment.

The grip of his two fingers on Arthur’s sword was so tight that it actually broke Arthur’s sword. Leon delivers a 120-degree kick to Arthur right on his face as a counter-attack.

Arthur falls to the ground, coughing blood, and Leon stands still. 

“What are you up to...”  Arthur asked.

“Seeing your power, I was definitely not a match for you from the start. You could have easily kill me and the war would have been over with your victory. Why... are you not killing me?” 

Before the war - 
“Nervous about the war? The duke asked.

“No, grandpa, I am sure we will definitely be the victor with my tactics.” 

“So, what’s the problem?” the duke asked.

“To win, for my goal, I don’t want to take a wrong decision that I regret later.” 

“Don’t worry, I trust you, and I know your decision will be right,” the duke said.

Present time -
“Cause you didn’t do anything wrong,” Leon said to Arthur.

Arthur was a bit confused.

“You just want to prove yourself to the world which isn’t wrong and I want to protect my land and bring up a new future. We both are correct in our ways, it’s just fate that we are standing against each other,” Leon said.

With one hand, Arthur covered his eyes for a moment listening to Leon’s answer, and the corner of his lips lifted a bit. 

“That’s my reason for not killing you. So just go away, never come back, and live the way you want cause there is blood on your path. And there won’t be a second time.” 

Leon said and walked in the other direction to help his companions.

“Ha....  prove myself. He was right; I just wanted to prove myself so that I could live in peace and no one would disrespect me. But now, seeing him gives me the thought that is it even needed. Dammit, I don’t know what to do.” 

Arthur thought in his mind laying on his back.

The battle was fierce and lasted for quite some time, ending with Britannia as the victor. There were casualties, but it wasn’t that big. A lot of people were killed, and the left ones surrendered. Arthur disappeared from the war, and no one knows where he went. Although the duke handled all the powerful nobles, he was also injured, but the injuries weren’t life-threatening.

As the sun was rising, it marked the starting of a new era led by Leon. Many things will change under Leon as an emperor and in which direction he will lead the empire is worth watching.

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM] 
============================================================
The college exams are gonna beat the crap out of me. It’s already messing up my whole schedule!!

Discord link: https://discord.gg/w2X2QanYf3 

College exams really messed up my mood and schedule 😅 but prepared for it and learned to manage things. With time we touched 10k views. Thank you so much for your love and support to this naive writer and his work. Words can't describe my feelings for you guys. Thank you!!

3