CHAPTER 55: FINALLY PEACE?
82 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days passed after the war ended with Britannia as the victor. Things started to change at a rapid speed.

With everyone Leon shifted to the capital, he started to work from scratch. With all workload and clearing the remaining enemy faction, he became busy. Although there was fear within the citizen about what was going to happen to their future, Leon was slowly winning their hearts; his intention was never to hurt them. Soon the ceremony for Leon to become the emperor was held. Many foreign kings were invited, and as a special guest, the elf queen also participated and congratulated Leon.

Under his direct guidance, special comity of experts was made to directly share people’s complaints and problems with Leon.

For the people, Leon passed special bills regarding the construction of roads and building a system to maintain hygiene. This is where his knowledge of his previous life came in handy. When he shared his idea and view, everyone in the comity was surprised and impressed. The bill was passed without any problem or objection. 

“It’s been two months after the war with Arthur ended. Citizens are slowly excepting me, and remodeling of the capital is also going smoothly. I can feel the peace in the air,” Leon talks to himself as the gentle breeze of air touches his face.

The duke has retired, and now he just takes care of his own health, enjoying his old age. Everything was going smoothly but was it really the case, or was it the silence before a big typhoon. 

After a few days -
Leon is working in his office, and suddenly Jaden comes barging into the room, breathing heavily and sweating.

Looking at his face, Leon understands that something is up.
“What’s the matter?”

“Master... Outside” Jaden said and pointed his finger at the office window.

A large black hole had appeared in the sky in the middle of the capital out of nowhere.

“I have confirmed that such holes have appeared out of nowhere in different parts and areas of the empire in the sky,” Jaden said.

“I have a bad hunch about this”, Leon in his mind.

“Jaden took immediate actions and shift the residents of the area where the black hole had appeared. Carry the same command in the entire empire. I don’t want to risk someone’s life. There is dark energy coming from that hole. Hence, until we get some information about this thing, completely block those areas and use barrier magic for that,” Leon ordered.

“Yes master” 

“Alfred, I want you to contact wizard tower and ask them if they know anything about this. Also, search in the royal library if needed”, Leon ordered.

“As you command, my lord”, Alfred replied.

“Count, I want you to release an official statement for the citizens that they don’t have to panic; we have the grasp of the situation.” 

“As you say, master”, Edward replied.

“Looks like peace is just a temporary thing in my life, “ Leon told himself.

The dark hole covering the sky made the atmosphere darker and gloomy. The silence, which seems like peace, has become horrific and terrifying. 

[ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,2022©SAM]
=================================================================
I know I am late ok guys, but this whole month is full with my exams. So I can’t do anything, Just for a few days until this month’s end hope you understand. Somehow I take time to upload this chapter. But I also didn’t realize that this novel was coming to its end.

It was my first work, so starting it, I didn’t have a big story in my mind. I want to keep it short, but I have made many mistakes and learned a lot of things on this journey. You guys also helped me a lot to learn and improve. Many readers have pointed out my mistakes, and I am thankful for them; I appreciate that as I am also learning. My improvements will surely shine in my future work. Hope you guys are loving and enjoying this novel, and please ignore some mistakes in the novel as in the end, I am just a naive and silly writer who wants to make someone happy with his work. This is all I wish. 

Thank you so much for your love and support and for becoming my family!!
     
JOIN OUR DISCORD TO CONNECT INSTANTLY WITH THE WRITER:
DISCORD LINK: https://discord.gg/w2X2QanYf3

2