Chapter 20: Park Rim Waiting
225 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yang Seung-Joo's heart was beating faster because he knew that someone was behind him.

'What is that bastard waiting for?' Yang Seung-Joo thought. He was afraid to look back, but he peeked at the person behind him nonetheless.

'What the-' Yang Seung-Joo was relieved from what he saw. It was one of the Huin Dong-Gali members he recruited some time ago. Although he was not a hunter, he had muscles from working out consistently.

"Are you ok, boss?" He had a tattoo of a boat with a giant clownfish on one of his arms and wearing a tank-top. "I will take you somewhere safe."

He carefully helped Yang Seung-Joo get up.

"Did you see him anywhere?" Yang Seung-Joo asked.

"Who?"

"That white man, The Juju-Ra." Yang Seung-Joo spoke his name in fear.

The tank-top man was puzzled when he heard the name Juju-Ra. "No, I have not seen anyone like that. A lot of people have already left the town after that earthquake so he could have left when them. So, what happened here? This place seems like its been through hell."

"I'll tell you later. For now, take me to the doctor? That bastard broke my arm."

Now that Yang Seung-Joo mentioned it, the tank-top man could see that Yang Seung-Joo's arm badly swollen with blood on it.

"Alright, boss. There should be one a few miles away. I'll make a call to someone to get the car, but we have to walk a bit."

"By the way, how did you know I was here?" Yang Seung-Joo asked. When he confronted Lyden, he had to move away far from his den. Even more, it should not have been easy to find him in the dark.

"Oh that. Someone told me about where you were. I think his name was Park Li-"

"Park Rim?" Yang Seung-Joo corrected him quickly.

"Yes, that guy. The 1-Star hunter who joined a couple of months ago."

"Be careful around him, I do not know what his game is, but he isn't our ally." Yang Seung-Joo had made an enemy of Park Rim, and he knew it.

Whatever loyalty he had with Park Rim, it was gone when he tried to take his aretisite and told him to fight against someone with no hope of winning. It was like throwing him into a pit with a hungry tiger.

He did not know why Park Rim told the tank-top man his location, but it was not a gesture of goodwill.

Next, to a collapsed building, a young Korean man was sitting. He was observing Yang Seung-Joo leaving with the tank-top man.

The man was Park Rim.

He had been watching what transpired between Lyden and Yang Seung-Joo. It ended in less than a minute with Lyden dominating over Yang Seung-Joo.

Park Rim felt lucky to survive against Lyden but felt bitter to see such a huge gap.

Park Rim had not escaped since he was injured when Lyden created the tremors.

Park Rim recalled what happened that led up to this point.

When he buried Lyden with his Drill Worm, he called back his aretisite to dig a tunnel for him to escape from Lyden and Yang Seung-Joo.

He saw the whole ordeal when Yang Seung-Joo killed his own friends for their aretisite.

Going against two opponents who were hunters, he quickly made a tactical retreat by creating a tunnel underneath him.

However, Park Rim did not expect that Lyden was able to escape by attacking the ground, which caused a small earthquake.

He highly underestimated Lyden raw power, which almost cost him his life.

When Park Rim created a tunnel for his escape, it suddenly collapsed on him when the tremors started.

Then, He was being pushed like the dirt was water. Luckily for him, it rose him to the top, thus, sparing his life. But his body were heavily damaged from that, and he could barely stand up without the help of his aretisite.

After finding himself next to a collapsed house, he saw the short fight between Lyden and Yang Seung-Joo.

When Lyden dashed up to him and grabbed his mouth, not even 5 seconds had passed, but Lyden traveled several hundred meters in such a short period of time.

Park Rim thought he had a chance back then, but Lyden was not even trying when they fought.

Ignoring his sense of insecurity, he kept watching those two under the moonlight like they were the main actors and he was an extra.

Due to the distance between them, Park Rim was not able to hear them, but it seemed that Yang Seung-Joo was begging him to stop after Lyden crushed his arm.

Lyden showed no emotion when hearing the cry of Yang Seung-Joo.

This event made Park Rim wary of Lyden even more.

Then without a moment's notice, a slab of concrete was falling on top of him. He had to use his Drill Worm to protect himself.

The Drill Worm's head spun, thus, creating a high pitch noise. The Drill Worm pierced through the concrete slab, thus reducing it to crumbs.

Park Rim did not pay attention to the slab that was about to crush him; instead, he kept his eye on Lyden.

Park Rim heart was beating when Lyden stood there motionless like he was locking on to his prey.

Drill Worm instantly stopped spinning once it destroyed the slab, but the sound it made was somewhat loud compared to its surrounding. He was worried that Lyden might had heard it.

5 seconds…

10 seconds…

15 seconds had passed.

And after all that waiting, Lyden left like nothing happened while the Yang Seung-Joo fainted on the ground.

Park Rim released a breath of relief. Seeing Yang Seung-Joo alone, he was about to go out and confront him, but he stopped himself last second. Although he wanted to take Yang Seung-Joo aretisite, he forced himself to take a step back.

He questioned himself on why he left Yang Seung-Joo alive. It seems that Lyden was targeting hunters for one reason or another. And it just happened that all the few hunters in this town were in the Huin Dong-Gali.

Perhaps he was a target too, and he was using Yang Seung-Joo as bait to lure him out.

Park Rim broke out in cold sweat realizing how cunning Lyden was and he was about to take the bait.

He waited for some time to see if Lyden would come back.

Half an hour had passed, and no sign of Lyden, but Park Rim never left his spot.

It was not until Park RIm happened to see a member of the Huin Dong-Gali walking by. He told the tank-top man the boss location, and to go check on him.

Now up to this point, Park Rim was watching the tank-top man and Yang Seung-Joo leaving.

"I think I waited long enough. Lyden would have done something by now seeing how Yang Seung-Joo is leaving..." He told himself. In all honesty, he wanted to see Yang Seung-Joo dead for the crime he had done, but he was more important alive for the time being.

He commanded the Drill Worm to follow the two just in case. The Drill Worm slowly traveled beneath them.

He was still wary of Lyden so he could not move out just yet.

3