Chapter 22: Full Set of Armament Type Aretisite
205 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early in the morning, a young man woke up next to the edge of the roof. There were two fossilized aretisites on the floor where he had dropped it.

"What happened-" Lyden's head hurt like he a hangover and his muscles felt weak. He could barely pick himself up.

"Where is he? How long did I pass out for?" Lyden said as he looked at the morning sun.

Lyden tried to recall what had happened, but all he remembered was the pain he felt from trying to assimilate with the aretisite.

"Yang Seung-Joo is not there anymore..." Lyden looked at where he left them but did not see anybody.

With no Yang Seung-Joo in around, and not knowing whether Park Rim was dead or alive, he put on complicated expression. Even more, Yang Seung-Joo still had an aretisite within him. He did not force it out of him because he was trying to lure out Park Rim.

But it was a fail judgment on his part.

"I do not know why the aretisite rejected me. With Yang Seung-Joo is gone, and the other two hunters are dead. I will need to find another hunter to give me the detail..." Lyden sighed the disappointment he felt. He picked the two aretisite up and tried to connect to it again.

Everything seemed normal as before.

He even plucked the string that formed when the two were connected, but he only did it three times instead of fourteen times.

"It seems fine until I pluck it until a certain amount." Lyden did not want to push his luck on this. Even with his durable body, it seemed that it was not invincible. It was still susceptible to internal damage.

Even if he can't use it, it was still valuable.

"I should head back to Sim Chul-Soo. The tower's barrier should be nearly deactivated by now, but I need to head back now before they reactivate the barrier. But first, I need a new pair of clothes." Lyden went to a random abandon store and grabbed a pair before he left the town.

While avoiding the roads, he made it back to tower where Sim Chul-Soo was guarding.

After a few hours, Lyden saw the men from yesterday.

Lyden heard some shouting, but instead of shooting him like before, they waved their hands at him.

Sim Chul-Soo came running to meet up with Lyden.

"Hello, Mister Lyden. I did not expect you to come back this early. Did you anybody from the Huin Dong-Gali?"

Lyden coming back soon was a surprise to Sim Chul-Soo.

He wanted Lyden to be gone longer because he had yet to explain to the people inside the tower about Lyden. Even more, the hunters of Hwangsaechi.

"Yeah, I met the boss, Yang Seung-Joo."

"What? Really? It seems like nothing had happened to you." Sim Chul-Soo was surprised that he was able to see him and come back unharmed. "It seems that you did not get into a fight with them. He had two hunters always following him, and they always with Yang Seung-Joo..."

"Yeah, I saw them. The blonde-haired and black-haired guy. They were interesting to fight, but they were not that strong."

"What?! You fought with them, and you came back here, uninjured?!" Sim Chul-Soo was shocked to hear that Lyden fought against them.

Months ago, they were defending against those two, and the Hwangsaechi barely won. The blonde-haired and black-haired hunters strong compared to the Hwangsaechi hunters but they lost due to being outnumbered and had to retreat.

"Yeah, by the way. I have something to show to your boss." From his pocket, he presented two aretisites.

"Fossilized aretisites?! How rare for someone to give it to you? Wait, don't tell me you torture them-"

"No, I got them from their boss."

Sim Chul-Soo could not easily reply to that. Sim Chul-Soo knew that in the world of hunters, fossilized aretisites were precious. He never had seen one in person but heard stories about it from the hunters in Hwangsaechi.

It was rare for hunters to give up their aretisite unless for profit or mercy.

"You should go meet with the hunters of the Hwangseachi. They will know more information about the situation regarding aretisites. At any moment, the barrier should go down, and the hunters should come out of it."

Lyden was glad to hear that.

He wanted to meet other hunters to explain to him on how to assimilate with an aretisite.

He could not think of the reason that he failed to do so before. Yang Seung-Joo showed that it was possible.

Thus, he was hoping to find out answers from a more experienced hunter than him.

"Alright, I'll wait for them," Lyden said.

Sim Chul-Soo gave an awkward expression. Sim Chul-Soo recalled that the two hunters, who entered the tower, must have reported back regarding Lyden. They were most likely coming back with armed forces.

Sim Chul-Soo left alone for Lyden to wait while he gathered his men. Ever since Lyden caused the two hunters to retreat to the tower, Sim Chul-Soo became the temporary leader of the group due to Lyden.

'It is impossible to send a message through the barrier. Because of that, I will have to mediate between Lyden and the hunters as soon as they see each other.' Sim Chul-Soo thought. 'I am sure that the two hunters reported that Lyden was attacking the men at the tower and ask for back-up.'

Sim Chul-Soo wanted to mediate between the two parties in hoping they reach an agreement. Although he was not a hunter and had very little influence in the Hwangsaechi, he was still a member.

Soon after, the tower's entrance opened up when the blue barrier dissipated. Sim Chul-Soo and the other men waited just outside, waiting to greet them.

Slowly exiting the towers, hunters began to show themselves with their armament type aretisite already activated.

Dozen of hunters stepped out of the tower into the town to be greeted by the men outside.

"How strange? Their aretisite look the same. Even more, that a few of them had multiple aretisite equipped on them." Lyden mumbled to himself.

All the hunters had the same looking armament type aretisite. Also, there were three of them with fully covered from head to toes with aretisite that made them look like a red knight.

"That had to be at least five different kinds of aretisite which make a set." Lyden was genuinely intrigued that he walked up to them to ask them a question.

However, before he could speak, two men shouted from behind the group.

They yelled out something in Korean and pointed at Lyden. They were the same two people who ran back into the tower from before.

'It is those two hunters who ran away. They probably saying something like I attacked them or something...' Lyden thought as he sighed. Not able to speak the same language was troublesome for Lyden. He looked at Sim Chul-Soo for help.

Sim Chul-Soo nodded when they made eye contact.

"Wait let me--" But before Sim Chul-Soo could finish what he had to say, the 12 hunters, who were wearing the red armament aretisites, encircled Lyden.

One of the three hunters who looked like knights said something to Lyden.

However, Lyden did not understand her because she was speaking Korean.

He just gave a deadpan look that somehow annoyed her.

Seeing how she was ignored, she began to yell louder and louder before someone else stepped in to talk to her.

That person was a middle-aged man with two aretisite equipped. He had a red gauntlet and a red looking medieval sword.

He spoke to her with a friendly face before he faced towards Lyden.

"As she was saying, your crime is death for our men." The Korean man spoke with a heavy accent. His friendly-faced was replaced with anger when looking at Lyden.

He pointed his sword at Lyden.

"Hey, if you can understand me then why don't we talk it out?" Lyden asked. He did not want to fight but instead wanted answers regarding aretisites and how they had so many of the same kind.

Instead of a word, the man charged at him. He was aiming for Lyden's eye.

However, Lyden quickly stopped it between his fingers.

The Korean man looked gasped on what just happened. The sword was not a regular sword, but an aretisite in the form of a sword. Thus, the sword possesses a unique ability that made the sword goes up to 100 degrees Celcius.

The only reason he could wield it because he was wearing the heat resistant gauntlet, which was also an aretisite.

"Why are all hunters so eager to fight?" Lyden glared at the middle-aged man with an eagerness expression. "Well, I guess I am too."

DING~

Lyden flicked away the sword with his index finger like it was nothing.

The man lost his grip on the sword, and it flew behind him, landing on the now burning grass.

1