A Talk With Alice
3.2k 7 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-----

It has been two months since the day I ate pizza and learned that there was some sort of dark truth about the Evergreen Kingdom where my mother came from, which she doesn’t really want to tell me about for some reason.  Since then, I’ve been training nonstop while learning all sorts of new techniques and spells. Of course, in two months, I couldn’t really learn everything I needed to be invincible.

Talking about age, I’m about to reach five years of age by now… man, it has been quite a long ride! Not even I can believe it has been five whole years since I came to this world while being reincarnated by mistake by that weird god.

Since then, I’ve still been wondering what’s going on with the Hero he had talked about. I remember he said that he would have to use extra energy to reincarnate the real hero, while he gave me the glitched system that became Alice, my dear friend.

“I wonder how’s that hero he had talked about. Do you know anything about it, Alice?” I wondered.

Alice was floating around me in her glowing orb form. She had healed a lot since the fight. Right now, she was in her more compact form. Even then, the errors and glitches were still piled up inside of her, but she was more stable while the pain was more bearable, or so she says.

“The Hero?” she asked.

“You know… the God I met before reincarnating… he said that I was a mistake and that he wanted to reincarnate another person from a world named “Earth” or whatever… hahaha. Who would call their world “Earth”? Now what? Is there another world named “Soil”?” I wondered while laughing.

“Earth… I’ve heard a bit about that world. The God said that it was the perfect and most ideal world to reincarnate people because there were many people in that world that just wanted to die and reincarnate into another world… it is said that many Gods of Reincarnation like him wanted to bring teenagers from there… but you were a teenager he picked up from a different world by accident…” Alice explained, ending it off with a sigh.

“I see… what about the Hero? Is he from that world?” I asked after that.

“Yes, yes. He’s supposedly from that very world. However, I don’t know anything more than that anyways, so you would need to look it up yourself… one day, somehow. I wasn’t there when he got the new Hero after all, wrapping me around you before throwing both of us off into this world,” replied Alice with a sigh.

“I guess that’s how it is… ugh, I wonder why he even bothers doing that? There are already twelve heroes here, so what’s the deal with that?” I could not help but wonder.

“I have no idea… I don’t know what other hero we would ever need in here,” Alice replied.

“Right? It makes no sense… it almost makes me think the Hero he actually sent here could be the Demon King… though, that would be way too far-fetched, right?” I asked while giggling.

“Indeed, that’s way too insane! You think of very crazy stuff sometimes… anyways, you should wake up already. You should finish your daily routine! Don’t slack off, Sylphy,” Alice said after that.

“Okay, but you’re giving me a little kiss first!” I agreed, only to add a twist to my words.

“E-Eh? K-Kiss?!” she asked.

“Come here!”

I rushed towards Alice and hugged her orb-shaped body. Then, I gave her a little kiss.

“Never forget that I love you a lot, alright?” I said to her.

“O-Okay… I get it…” she sighed.

“You’re like my sister! You’ve been with me all this time, so I don’t want you to push yourself too hard for a while. Make sure to rest well and recover.” I reminded her.

“Sure… I know that…” she replied, sighing once more.

“Alright then. Ignatius, Naturia, stay with her for some time to keep her company. You don’t have to follow me all the time,” I told them.

“Eh?! But I want to go outside!” Ignatius cried.

“No means no! Stay with Alice and make friends with her!” I said while smacking the egg.

“Uagh! D-Don’t smack me, I’ll break!” he cried, flying away.

“Foooo!” Naturia didn’t seem to mind, sitting down on Alice’s head.

“Very well, then…!”

And just like that, I opened my eyes, finding myself in my room once more.

In just a few more days, around half a week or so, my fifth birthday would come. I hope my dad has that thing I asked him to give to me! If I can have something made out of that guy, I could have another familiar like Ignatius… well, emphasis on could.

As I woke up, I did a few light stretches and washed my face, greeting my mother who was cooking early in the morning.

“Sylphy, today, we’re heading to Aquarina’s place at 2 PM, so make sure to finish all of your training,” she told me.

“Alright, mom!”

With that, I rushed outside into the beautiful grasslands around our home. Then, I rushed back to Yggdra, who was glowing brightly today.

“Good morning, Yggdra! You’re looking beautiful today, as always!” I told her as I hugged her tree trunk. I felt her glowing aura encompassing my body, as if she was hugging me back.

I suddenly noticed she was now making apples. Although they were still green, I picked one up, which she extended her branch to give to me.

“Thank you!”

Chomp.

Hmm! Eden Apples are really amazing! Although this green one is a bit too citric and won’t make a good apple pie, it’s still good. It made for a nice bite before training! Of course, I need to have the other breakfast after that…

“Alright… I did 1560 swings yesterday… let’s try and break through the 1600 mark today. I’ve been slacking off way too much…” I muttered to myself as I wielded my bronze blade. Soon, I began to quickly swing it in the air, one by one, several times.

At that moment, I felt as if the blade was slowly becoming more and more connected to my own body. I remember back then that father told me that when I finally reached this point, I would become an amazing swordsman.

-----

90