My Own Plant Minions!
7.7k 3 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-----

Looking at the corpse in front of me, it was very heavy. This creature was at least three meters tall and several meters long. In fact, the body these lizards had was long like a snake, which meant there was a lot of meat and bones inside.

Wondering how I would carry it, I instantly knew it would be too tiresome and annoying to carry it with my arms. If I dragged it around, the blood would attract predators looking for an easy meal. Of course, I wouldn't give up my hunt easily.

Eventually, I took out two seeds from my pocket before infusing them with loads of mana.

"Plant Growth Acceleration…"

FLASH!

By using the Plant Growth Acceleration spell several times, alongside using Agriculture several times, as well as infusing loads of mana and even a part of my own vitality with the aid of Naturia, the two seeds quickly exploded into countless vines. I let them grow on the ground as they suddenly shaped themselves into two large masses of spiky vines with beautiful flowers adorning them.

These were movable plants. In other words, plant monsters! I've already practiced making them, and I can use seeds alone to create these little buddies. However, I can't really make an army as of now. Unfortunately, whenever I lose focus, they'd turn into normal plants.

"Alright, guys! Let's get moving!"

The two vine monsters, which were around one meter each, exuded great strength as they carried the corpse of the lizard above the ground for me. I led them to my home as we crossed the forest easily. Though, along the way home, a Lesser Wyvern tried to steal our meal. Thankfully, I scared him away by firing a blinding shot of light, which made it scream in pain and fly away in desperation. I'm not so sure I can easily beat a flying monster yet, but I learned that if I just shot a very bright ray of light into their eyes, they'll run away most of the time unless they're incredibly hungry. This guy still had a full belly so he simply ran away.

My mother had taught me this tactic, which was also why the "Light Flash" spell was the one she taught me first among the many Tier 1 Light Spells I could learn. She said she had used this one many times when she was younger and weaker, scaring away big predators by blinding them, or temporarily blinding them to confuse them and have enough time to escape herself.

With some intelligence, we people can easily deal with threats that might even overpower us in strength and fierceness. To think a simple Tier 1 spell could easily fend off a Tier 4 beast if one had good aim. Who would have known?

Of course, one would need way more than that to actually defeat it, but my point still stands.

By the time we finally reached the house's door, the two vine monsters quickly fell to the floor and became normal plants again, I had yet to find a way to keep them as permanent monster companions…. but perhaps raising one slowly like Yggdra might do that. After all those guys were triggered to turn out like that forcefully from a little seed. Also, these seeds were just from common vine plants. Perhaps if I can get my hands on a monster plant seed, things would be different.

Before I could knock on the door, I was received by my father, who looked at me with surprise, almost falling on his butt… after all, I was covered in blood and looked a bit creepy.

"Uwah! S-Sylphy?! Why are you covered in blood? Are you okay? EH?! Is that a lizard?" he asked.

"Yeah, I went to hunt a bit… I caught it but I got covered in blood…" I said with a giggle.

"W-Wow… are those burn marks?! Amazing, did you actually use my Blazing Blade Arts to slay this Tier 3 beast?!" My father quickly became excited, praising my talents as I had slain a strong beast all by myself.

"Of course, father! Aren't I talented?" I asked with a smug smile.

"You're a very talented young lady, but you're also a lady! Why are you covered in blood? Plus, your dress is all ruined! Look at your hair… geez, you'll have to quickly go take a bath if you want to have breakfast!"

My mother quickly ruined our mood as our father-daughter time was interrupted by my grumpy elven mother.

"But before I take a bath, let's butcher it first!" I said.

"No means no! First of all, Sylphy, I've already told you several times to not hunt by yourself! Even then, you don't listen!" my mother reprimanded me.

"I-I'm sorry… I just wanted to explore, staying here gets boring," I replied with a sigh.

"Sigh… I understand how you feel, but you can't just go risking your life like that!" mother said in response.

"I know… but I am pretty good! Right, Naturia?" I asked.

"Fofooofoooo!"

Naturia nodded in response. Of course, she has my back.

"Come on, Faylen. Don't be so angry at our daughter. Shouldn't we be happy instead? Look how talented she is! She just hunted a beast two tiers above her," father said, trying to persuade her to think positive.

"Yeah, but it's still dangerous!" Unfortunately, that didn't work.

"Don't we have our own Spirits looking over her anyways? If she ever gets in danger, they'll rescue her… you're just being overly concerned for no good reason," father said with a sigh.

I already knew about their Spirits looking over me while using stealth spells to hide their presences. At this point, they're actually like guardian angels by how much they see me, but I've already confirmed that they don't completely share their senses. After all, father was surprised by my hunt. They probably gave them reports over time, which meant they had yet to report him of my hunt.

"Ah… right, right… ugh, okay… but tell us whenever you go hunt, alright, dearie? M-Mommy is just very worried. I don't know what I would do if you broke your arm or something!" she said with a tone of worry.

"Eh? But can't you just heal it back?" I asked in response.

"Right… but still! It'll hurt," she replied.

"Okay… I'll go take a bath and then we can butcher it after we eat…!" I relented.

"Fine, give me that dress as well so I can wash all the blood out of it," mother said soon after.

"Alright~"

-----

Announcement
76