Chapter 3 – To be A God’s Puppet
261 8 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I envisioned reincarnations to different worlds I always imagined a world of magic. Kingdoms long forgotten with mythological beasts to slay and beautiful women to woe with great feats. 

All things considered this was, pretty anti-climatic. After my brief run in with that sadistic  goddess she gave me little notice before throwing me into whatever this was? And from the looks of it it bore much resemblance to my previous life. Except, with a few key differences that I could spot even from this narrow alleyway. 

The buildings all of them seemed rather modern built with brick, steel, and an assortment of plastics.   But despite seemingly being a large city every nook and cranny was spotless, cleaned to a tea. More predominantly though the residents of this area didn’t appear to be human. Bearing long tusks and components that you’d find from assorted wildlife in a zoo. The varying sizes and appearances didn’t seem to cause much of a disturbance as entryways, doors, and stairwells, were tailored to each creatures body type.  

Bumbling back and reeling from the sudden shock of my situation a glass panel behind me fell over and shattered as I knocked into it. 

The sudden impact and noise caused me to turn and face the wreckage of glass which remained. My visage however made out in the shattered pieces stayed the same as I remembered it. 

Piercing eyes and medium long hair, unlike before though it now had a purple hue. My suit which I wore on the night of the incident happened to be on me too. Except this time around it’s looking a lot more clean than while I was splurging alcohol. 

All of the commotion unbeknownst to me had gotten the attention of an individual residing in one of the side buildings. A large door opened up and a hulking elk like man stomped through grumpily to then stare directly at me. 

“Now what younglings are causing a ruckus at such a early hour of the mornin’?” He grumbled lowly beginning an upsetting staring contest. 

“Sorry there mister uh, I um, I seem to be lost, do you know where I am?” 

“Huh did you bump your head or something you’re on Oak Street North? And I-“, stopping himself mid sentence he began to closely examine my body, uncomfortably so. 

“There’s, there’s no way, it’s- i-it’s a human?” 

Now taking four large steps back and quivering like something unlike his size his voice wavered out a, “s-stay back!” While slowly trying to retrace his steps back where from which he came. 

Before he had a chance to escape I grabbed his wrist, with little anticipation of it working, in the hopes to get more information from him. 

“I don’t know what I did to frighten you but I won’t hurt you I promise,” I fruitlessly tried to reason to the man. 

As I expected he instead tried to pull in the opposite direction and so, I pulled back trying to get him to stay. A large cracking noise irrupted as I had pulled almost immediately. Confused by the sound I then traced the arm I held to the man, except what I saw was grotesque beyond words. His detached arm pulled a series of tendrils of flesh along with it, leaving him as a bloody pile mouth still agape. 

I dropped the arm not believing what had just happened dry retching at the disgusting scene. In a daze I began wondering further into the alleyway processing what just happened and what I would do next.

14