Chapter 7
35 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I know this may seem suspicious but there are things you need to know. I don’t think we should be together if you are doing bad things,” she said.

Jaiyana leaned against the windowsill then dropped onto the box and asked, “Why?”

Harlyn looked at her then sat down on her bed saying, “Because my dad is a lawyer, what if you decide to use him?”

Jaiyana scoffed, “The organisation we work has its own lawyers who specialise in dealing with our cases, your father, who I don’t even know, couldn’t possibly be of help and what does this have to do us?”

Harlyn looked at her feet and said, “I like you Jaiyana, I really do but I’d never choose you over my dads.”

“That’s fine, I won’t choose you over my moms too,” she said.

She looked at her surprised.

“Yes, you’re not that special and I understand that you wouldn’t want anything to do with me? But I opened up to yo…”

“You’re not going to kill me right?” Harlyn quickly asked.

She laughed it off and turned around, opening the curtains. She looked into the overly pink room and said, “It’s not like anyone would believe you even if you told them.”

Harlyn looked out of the window and saw Michelle’s room. Thinking about it, she stood up and crossed her arms over her chest asking, “Is Michelle your other option?”

She turned around facing her and shrugged, “I haven’t decided on it yet but even if you leave, my life can’t stand still now can it?”

“Jaiyana!” Harlyn called.

“What?” She asked.

She huffed and sat down. Her eyes darted around the floor then slowly made its way to Jaiyana who had her eyes on her. Pouting she mumbled, “Thank you for telling me.”

“About what?” She asked.

“About you, I didn’t think you’d be so honest,” she said.

Jaiyana slowly nodded her head and recalled what Ocean said. She looked at Harlyn saying, “I like you too but you aren’t the only one I like.”

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“I want to give things between Michelle and I a second chance,” she said.

Harlyn’s eyes widened in shock. She slowly stood up and said, “I do not share.”

“I thought I was your first? And it’s not like I am going to give her all my attention.” She explained.

Harlyn’s frown faded as she looked her. How could she even think that this was acceptable? And why did she have to go through with it too?

Her gaze lowered as he eyes started to water. Jaiyana was surprised and walked up to her, cupping her face she asked, “What’s wrong?”

“Have you been cheating on me with her?” She asked.

Shaking her head she said, “No.”

“Then why would you even think of this?” She asked.

Sighing Jaiyana answered, “Because I want to see where things can go with the two of you. I like both of you and you both like me.”

“But you can’t date both of us,” she argued.

“Says who?” She asked.

Harlyn looked at her angry, she thought it was wrong but there were many who had more than one partner but Jaiyana was hers, wasn’t she?

“I’ll have to think about this,” she said.

Rolling her eyes she said, “I told you I aint running after you, it’s up to you if you want to still be with me but you are going to have to stop calling her a bitch and no sending nasty looks her way.”

“Are you serious?” She asked dumbfounded.

“Dead serious,” she said.

 

Once Harlyn left, Jaiyana jumped back through the window and saw Michelle sitting by the desk eating the ice-cream. She walked up to her and placed her hands on her shoulder. 

Michelle turned to her and said, “I think I might eat all of it.”

Jaiyana looked at the empty plate and complained, “You didn’t even leave some for me.”

“I’m sure there is more downstairs, did your girlfriend leave?” She asked.

“She did,” she said with a sigh and sat down on the desk. They looked into each other's eyes and Jaiyana couldn’t help but smile – this proved it, she still liked her.

 

 

Layla, the leader of the cheerleaders, was high up on the pyramid with Harlyn and Michelle holding her up. Harlyn looked over at Michelle briefly. Michelle saw her look at her and turned looking at her too. In her moment of confusion she asked, “What?”

“Michelle!” Layla yelled.

Michelle looked up at her then rolled her eyes.

“Down!” She commanded and was helped down by the males.

When Michelle came down, Layla was glaring at her and asked, “What did I say about being distracted?”

Michelle cocked a brow asking, “Did you fall?”

“You know that’s not what I mean,” she huffed and walked away.

Michelle’s brows flew up in her moment of confusion, then she heard, “Can we talk after cheer practice?”

“Practice is kind of over already,” she said.

“Well, not here,” Harlyn said and walked away. Michelle looked at her back wondering, ‘I wonder what is it now.’

It took some time but everyone cleared out. Michelle was waiting by Harlyn’s car for her. Harlyn walked up moving her hips from left to right. She folded her arms as she looked at Michelle, who looked clueless.

“What did you want to talk about?” She asked.

She took off her pink sunglass and said, “About you and Jaiyana.”

Michelle sighed, “Harlyn, there is no me and Jaiyana.”

“Oh really? Then why did she say I should get used to me sharing her with you?” She asked throwing some attitude in.

Michelle stared at her momentarily stunned and Harlyn seemed confused. “Don’t you know?” She asked.

Michelle shook her head, “This is the first time I’m hearing it.”

Harlyn bit her lip frustrated, does this mean that Jaiyana was just messing with her? But now Michelle had a look of hope in her eyes.

“You know what? Just forget I mentioned anything,” she said and opened her car door.

Michelle looked at her saying, “How am I supposed to forget? Does this mean Jaiyana is going to give us another chance?”

Harlyn paused and looked at her. Slamming her door shut she said, “No, I was just testing to see if she was faithful to me and it looks like she is.”

Michelle didn’t like what she just said. She didn’t usually do this but in this moment she felt that she should. She smirked her way and said, “Just so you know, after you left, she came running to me, both times.”

She turned leaving Harlyn standing there surprised. Harlyn was just going to tell her to give it up but ‘both times?’ 

Oh hell the fuck no!

2