Chapter 8
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harlyn walked up to the house and banged on the door.

Misty was busy doing the washing when she heard the loud banging. Her son came running towards her, frightened. Narrowing her eyes, she grabbed her gun on the way to the door and looked to see who it was.

Opening the door, she pointed the gun at Harlyn and yelled, “Who the fuck do you think you are to come here and act as though you own this place?”

Harlyn held her hands up and stared at her, frightened, “I’m so, sorry, I didn’t mean to.”

Misty scoffed and grabbed her by her hair and dragged her into the house. She threw her against the wall and said as she pointed the gun in her face, “What is it? What do you want?”

“I’m, I’m here for Jai, Jaiyana,” she said.

Misty cocked the gun and said, “She’s not here.”

“Will you please stop pointing that thing at me?” She asked, cowering against the wall.

Misty scoffed, “As pretty as you are, you aren’t worth Jaiyana’s time.” She put the gun away and looked at her son. “Go play with your toys, baby. I’ll call you when lunch is ready.”

She turned to Harlyn, saying, “Get up before you piss on my floor.”

Harlyn sat on the couch and looked at Misty, who went to the kitchen. She started with lunch. She was a bit uncomfortable and frightened, more frightened, though.

Standing up, she rubbed her sweaty palms down on her thighs and asked, “Where is Jaiyana?”

Misty looked up, “She’s not here.”

“What do you mean?” She asked, confused.

Staring at Harlyn, who was now in front of her, she answered, “I don’t know if you know this but she’s still in training. She has to go back for evaluation and won’t be coming back anytime soon.”

“So she just up’s and leaves? She didn’t even tell me anything about it,” she said as she started thinking of their past conversations.

Misty scoffed, “She’ll never tell you plus, how can she really be an assassin? She could just be lying to you.”

Harlyn raised a brow, she looked at the gun on the island and asked, “What is the truth?”

“That is up to you to decide not? You are a grown girl, acting like a spoiled brat who just had her toy taken away isn’t going to help you at all,” Misty answered.

Harlyn was confused at first. Why would she say that? Then the thing with Michelle came to mind, and she sighed, “Is it that obvious?”

“Michelle didn’t come running in here. She knows she has a chance with her yet. You? Why are you like this?” She asked.

She pouted as she sat down and said, “I can’t help it, I don’t like sharing.”

“In this world, child, there are just some people that do what they want. If she is told so, she will leave you in a heartbeat,” she said.

*

Jaiyana sighed as she put her gun back in its place. She looked around the room at the other trainees, then spotted Ocean talking to one of the girls around her age. She looked as dead as the night on a summer's night.

Rubbing her jaw, she left with the case. Walking down the halls of HQ was strange. It's been a while since she was last here but it was a familiar feeling.

“Jaiyana,” someone called to her.

She stopped walking and turned behind her. Looking at the boy, she smiled, “Connor?”

Connor bumped his shoulder into her playfully, “Welcome home.”

“Home? I’m just visiting,” she said.

“Listen, I’ve heard rumours,” Connor said as they walked to her room.

She raised a brow and signalled for him to speak. Connor smirked. “You’re dating someone but are having troubles.”

She laughed. Punching him in the chest, she said, “I thought it was serious.”

“Of course not, and I’d speak serious things in front of others,” he scoffed.

They arrived in her room. He lied down on her bed and said as he looked up at the wall, “Most of the kids our age that aren’t fit for duty will be sent away.”

“As long as we are fit for duty, you shouldn’t let it cloud your mind,” she said.

He looked at her, saying, “Your parents aren’t happy that you exposed yourself. Vanessa was pissed but Mikyle laughed then said they shouldn’t have adopted you.”

Jaiyana laughed. She looked at him and said, “I know. I got an ear full over the phone.”

“Are you happy?” He asked.

She sat down on the bed beside his head and said as she looked into his green eyes, “No. I’ve slept with both of them, spoken to both of them, but alas, they aren't worth the trouble.”

“Typical girls,” he said.

She laughed, shaking her head, “Not at all. They’re beautiful but come with problems. The one is in the closet, the other is obsessed and a sex addict who wants me to choose between them.”

He shook his head and asked for more details. Jaiyana explained what happened over the course of a month and how tiring it was to have them as partners. 

Connor sat up on the bed and hugged her. “Well, just drop them both and move on. You aren’t the same as Ocean or Vanessa, those women are of a different breed nevermind Misty. We're too young to even be in relationships, but those relations keep us sane.”

She sighed, nodding her head. “Yeah, I want to try, but I don’t have the time for them.”

“What are you going to do about sex? Can I watch?” He asked.

She butthead him and laughed when he winced. Glaring at her, Connor asked, “What was that for?”

“For being an idiot, I know you’re gay,” she said.

“Bisexual,” he corrected her.

Yes, yes, I know this one is boring but I'm trying to get my inspiration back. Writing useless chapters will be part of that.

1