Chapter 9
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking up to the bleachers, Jaiyana looked out at the football field then yawned. Harlyn was currently in the middle of cheer practice and couldn’t see her.

She sat down and pulled out a burger and started eating. She had just gotten back from training and it’s been two months since then. The school obviously accepted the lie that her mothers gave them and from all the threatening messages Harlyn left her, she knew she was pissed off.

Currently, Jaiyana wasn’t sure if they were still together. Michelle on the other hand, she sent Jaiyana a long message explaining that she was introduced to a non binary human and she was in love – now it seemed like she was bi-sexual but you are you no matter who you date and it was great that she was experimenting and dating other people, it was one less headache for her.

Michelle’s arms were tired, so she decided to stretch her body. She jogged off to the side and did the cool down stretches as she looked around and when her eyes trailed to the bleachers, she saw Jaiyana sitting there and looking over.

She waved her hands excitedly then looked behind her at Harlyn. In these past two months, Harlyn had gotten the position at the top of the pyramid but some have even suggested that Harlyn is the reason why the captain got injured.

Sneaking off, she made it to the bleachers and said, “Long time no see stranger.”

Jaiyana hugged her, “Don’t call me that.”

“You didn’t even reply to any of my messages,” she complained.

Jaiyana smiled as she sat down. She looked towards the field and said, “I’ve read all of them.”

Sitting beside her she asked, “How have you been?”

“Good thanks,” she answered.

“Your mom said that your biological parents didn’t want you coming back,” she questioned.

Jaiyana turned to her surprised. Misty didn’t say what the story was and now to hear this? Those people were dead or was she referring to Vanessa as her biological parent?

She nodded her head, “Mn, but things are sorted out now.”

Michelle sighed relieved, “With you being gone for so long, I was worried that I wouldn’t get to see you again.”

Jaiyana smiled, she continued eating and asked, “So how's things with your boyfriend?”

Michelle looked at her surprised, “My mom likes her.”

Jaiyana nodded slowly, picking up something and asked, “So what is the problem?”

“I don’t want my mother liking her,” she said.

“Your mother just wants you to be happy. And you shouldn’t over think this okay? Slow and easy, that’s all because I’m sure you wouldn’t have liked it if your mother was homophobic and against your sexuality,” she said.

Michelle nodded, sighing she said, “And I enjoyed sex when you and I did it. Alice is more of a non sexual person and I can’t handle the frustration. I even bought vibrators and a dildo but it's boring doing it alone.”

Jaiyana burst out laughing then said after she calmed down, “I think you need to find someone else then.”

Michelle sighed with a nod, “I’m giving us another chance, I’ve spoken to her about it and although she said she’ll try, we’ll see then.”

Harlyn had noticed the two talking in the distance but she made no effort to run up to Jaiyana and smack her like she wanted to! She missed her but Jaiyana was a bitch and she wasn’t interested in hearing what she had to say although it did make her sad to see them chatting like good old friends.

“When’s cheer practice ending again?” She asked.

Michelle looked at the time on Jaiyana’s wrist watch and said, “Soon, I should get back too. See you at home?”

Jaiyana nodded her head, “Yeah, I’m just waiting for Princess Harlyn.”

Michelle chuckled as she got up, “Everyone said you dumped her and ran away from school because she’s a bad girlfriend.”

“And you believe them?” She asked with a smirk.

Michelle shook her head, “No but it’s good that you’re back, maybe they’ll stop blaming her for Keisha’s leg injury.”

Jaiyana raised a brow, confused but she couldn’t ask Michelle what she was talking about.

Ten minutes passed and cheer practice was over. The cheerleaders packed everything up and Jaiyana had her eyes on Harlyn the entire time but this female was out right ignoring her.

When they were all dismissed, Harlyn grabbed her bags and walked off not even glancing Jaiyana’s way.

Jaiyana got up with a smile after hearing Michelle laugh. She jogged after Harlyn and when she got within hearing distance she said, “Are you serious right now?”

Harlyn remained silent all the way to her car. As she opened the drivers side door, Jaiyana shoved the door closed with her foot and pushed Harlyn against the car making her face her.

Looking at her she was about to say something but saw the tears in her eyes and sighed. She wrapped her arms around her and pressed her weight against her saying, “I’m really sorry Harlyn.”

Harlyn frowned, she couldn’t bring herself to yell, curse or push her away. She really missed Jaiyana and with her scent wrapping around her she felt that she could break at any moment.

She opened her mouth and bit down on her shoulder, not too hard though, just enough to muffle her crying.

They stood in that position for a while until Harlyn calmed down. Jaiyana cupped her face and asked as she looked at her, “Are you okay now?”

Harlyn nodded her head slowly.

“Wanna go out to eat?” She asked.

She shook her head.

Jaiyana sighed, “Alright, let's just go buy something and eat in your car. I didn’t bring mine today so I’ll need you to drive me home later.”

Harlyn handed her keys to Jaiyana then walked over to the other side and climbed in. Jaiyana sighed thinking, ‘I’m sighing more than usual today.’

She climbed into the car and looked at Harlyn. She leaned over to kiss Harlyn, but she moved further away.

Jaiyana stared at her and said, “I’m not some disease you know.”

“Just drive already,” Harlyn said as she fastened her seat belt.

“Where do you want to go?” She asked as she drove the annoyingly pink car out of the school yard.

Harlyn sighed and asked, “What do you want Jaiyana? You’ve been awol for two months then suddenly show up here? Did you really think that I’d be okay with you just leaving and showing up? Am I a robot?”

Coming to a stop light, she turned to Harlyn and said, “If you want to be with me, you have to get used to it. You should be prepared for the day I don’t come back at all.”

Harlyn scoffed, she turned to Jaiyana and said, “You know that is a load of bullshit! I’ve spoken to Michelle about you and she told me that your biological parents were fighting with your moms.”

“So how do you explain the guns?” Jaiyana asked.

“Anyone can buy a gun,” she countered.

Jaiyana nodded her head and drove around the corner. She parked the car then took off her jacket and shirt.

Harlyn gasped when she saw the bandage wrapped around her torso, “What happened to you?”

Jaiyana turned to her and asked, “Do you really want to know or are you going to tell me bullshit about it being lies?”

0