Chapter 7 – Lightning Strikes (2)
2.8k 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Die!!!” An orc shouted running towards Amelia.

Without stopping, Amelia raised a hand towards the orc and willed her mana to act. The orc was immediately wrapped in flames, burning completely in seconds.

Amelia had already lost the count of the number of orcs she killed while searching for the flag. Currently, she could feel her mana reserves beginning to falter. It was uncertain how long she could last with her current rate of using mana.

Amelia could be considered as someone with outstanding firepower for a level three, being able of killing tens of level one easily under certain circumstances. But likewise, her weakness was clear. Her mana reserves were unable to keep with her great firepower and her abilities at close-ranged combat were at most a bit higher than a level one orc. In a skirmish, she could be easily killed by enemies attacking in waves.

Fortunately, her first attack killed most of the level one orcs, reducing the number of enemies she has to deal with drastically.

After killing another orc, Amelia finally found the enemy flag. Grabbing it, she rushed out from the enemy base to the place where the group of four level five were fighting.

“I have the flag!” She shouted.

“Well done, Amelia! This game is ours!” John answered happily while fighting the orcs.

“Argh!!!” An orc cried in a desperate intent to attack. The situation, however, was disadvantageous for them. Before he could attack, a greatsword parried it deftly before counterattacking.

In the time while Amelia took the flag, the level five’s fight took a drastic turn.

Under the ice-cold woman’s attacks, the orcs were unable to retaliate.

Fighting beside her, John was the clearest about the woman’s strength.

‘She is a monster.’

John was sure that the woman was able to win the fight even without his assistance. She was strong enough to fight two level five for herself.

For her, the level five orcs were nothing more than walking targets waiting for her attacks.

“Ha!” Waving her sword, the woman attacked the orcs continually, forcing them to defend without the opportunity to attack.

At that moment, one of the orcs finally showed an opening in its defense. Seeing it, the ice-cold woman increased the mana running through her sword and willed her sword intent to attack. Then, with a shout, she stabbed the enemy.

The orc tried to use a shockwave to defend, but the sword attack was too sharp. It cut through the orc’s skill without difficulty and continued without hesitation toward its body. But at that moment, the orc smiled.

A curtain of mana appeared around the orc, stopping the sword attack. It was one of its skills, 'Wild Protection'.Then, the orc grabbed the sword with a hand and pulled it, destroying the woman’s balance. Using this opportunity, the second orc attacked while using a skill with its axe, trying to kill the woman with a hit. The axe glowed in a burning red and cut towards her furiously.

“Careful!” John cried and tried to use his sword to parry the attack. However, his attack was unable to reach.

A sword, pierced through his chest.

“… Uh?”

“Teacher!” Amelia shouted seeing the shortsword cutting through her teacher. But before she could help him, a dagger cut through her heart.

Two figures appeared behind the pair, both dressed in black. One was holding a shortsword while the other a pair of daggers. Strangely, nobody was able to detect them beforehand.

“You…” John spoke gritting his teeth. Blood flowed from his mouth, but the enemy ignored it. Then, taking his sword out, the enemy man indifferently glanced forward, and with a wave of his hand, he cut John’s head.

“Rest in peace.”

At the same time, the dagger-wielding man killed the blue-dressed woman, Amelia, cleanly. In her face, an expression of consternation could be seen.

Nodding towards him, the man turned towards the place where the orcs and the woman were fighting.

There, he saw the woman standing indifferently with a sword in her hands and the two orcs covered in wounds.

She looked to the bodies of John and Amelia without changing her expression, completely indifferent.

“Stupids orcs, you were unable to kill even a woman.” The man with the shortsword said.

“Human woman, very strong.” An orc growled weakly.

The woman confirmed the situation in the surroundings before furrowing her brows. Even for her, four enemies were too much. Fortunately, only one of the newcomers appeared to be a level five. If she was not mistaken, the other was level two or three. Someone at that level was at most a nuisance for her.

Looking at the two newcomers, the woman grabbed her greatsword firmly and asked.

“… Humans?”

“As you can see.” The man answered. “The system assigned me to this team of orcs for the game, though I don’t care very much about it. Unfortunately, they apparently are a bit weak. Even until now, they were unable to cause you any injury.”

The woman did not answer and continued checking her surroundings.

“Why don’t you give up?” The man asked nonchalantly. “You don’t have any opportunity against us.”

“… Is it so? But I don’t think you will allow me to live.”

“Of course, after all, you represent at least ten thousand coins. But it will make your death less painful.”

“Do you think so?” The woman asked, a smile on her face. “But I think I can kill you all. Why I have to give up then?”

“Hahaha, a great joke.”

“Yeah, I don’t think so…” Instantly, the terrifying sword intent from ‘Sword Domain’ filled the surroundings, suppressing the four enemies around her. Then, she moved.

Activating her first skill, ‘Sword Body’, with the greatest output possible, she accelerated towards the location of the second black-dressed man. The man was unable to react fast enough and only could use his daggers to stop the attack. However, his level three body was unable to endure the attack and the man was sent flying. Fortunately, the woman goal wasn’t to kill him; instead, she grabbed the flag that Amelia brought.

“Trying to run with the banner? I don’t think it’s possible.” The man with the shortsword said while blocking her.

“Haha, but I’m not the one running.”

Then, under the surprised face of the man, she threw the flag to the place where Aleen was hiding.

“Hey boy, it’s time to do your part!” With an astonished expression, Aleen saw the flag falling beside him.

35