Chapter 22 – Back to Home (3)
2.3k 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Aleen woke up very early in the morning.

Immediately, he felt the weight of his sister in his chest. Smiling wryly, he stood up while doing his best to not wake Claire up. Then, he tiptoed towards the bathroom.

Because of the things that happened the day before, Claire asked Aleen if they could sleep together. Honestly, Aleen thought that it was not appropriate; but knowing how his sister was feeling, he decided to accommodate her.

‘It had been long from the last time we slept in the same bed huh…’

Shaking his head slightly, Aleen cleaned his face before preparing breakfast. Then, he sat on the sofa and began to read the information that he bought from Leona.

Obviously, the information didn’t come written in books. Instead, he received a bracelet like the one that Leona used. Apparently, it had many functions besides storing information. According to Leona description, it artifact was like earth’s smartphone but much more advanced.

Aleen had to admit that he felt very excited after receiving it.

The first thing that he read was the information about Dimensional Paradise. It was mostly basic information, but Aleen learned many things from it. Mainly about levels, skills and the different dimensions and races.

Aleen finished reading the information at seven in the morning. Then, he began to read the second document, basics about mana.

Different from the first document, it was many times more interesting, and many times more expensive. Aleen had the impulse to try many of the things mentioned, but he suppressed it and decided to finish reading the document completely.

Besides the basics of mana, the document also had information about the main paths towards level six. According to it, there were four main paths to advance to level six. The first one was called ‘Enlighten’ and was the most commonly used path because anybody could be successful with it, regardless of status, money, and birth. The only downside was that it was heavily dependent on luck; but even with it, it has the greatest number of level six.

The second one was ‘Magic’. The document did not explain it in detail, only saying that it required intelligence, talent, and resources to be successful in it. Different from the ‘Enlightened’, Mages’ abilities were called ‘Spells’ instead of ‘Skills’.

The third one was ‘Cultivation’, and different from ‘Magic’ and ‘Enlighten’, it lacked spells and skills. Instead, cultivators learned to manipulate mana at its extreme. Nobody was better manipulating mana than a cultivator.

The fourth path, ‘Nature’, was almost impossible to use, at least for the intelligent races. Animals and beast, on the other hand, normally used it. The main advantage of this path was its strong body, but it also has many disadvantages.

Additionally, it was impossible to change your path, at least before level six. The document warned that trying to change it brings heavy consequences.

Aleen obviously belonged to the first path.

While he was immersed reading, Claire finally awoke. She ate the breakfast that Aleen prepared before looking to the hologram her brother was reading. Immediately, she put a curious expression.

“What is that, brother?”

“This? Oh, I received it from the game. This is apparently a kind of super-advanced cellphone. I’m using it to read some information about the game.”

“Oh! Is it touch?” Claire used her finger to touch the projection, and the screen reacted. Immediately, she made a surprised expression.

“How intriguing… I wonder how it works…”

“No puppy eyes, Claire. I will not lend it to you.”

“Tch. Bad brother.”

“I’m sorry, little girl.” Aleen laughed. “I will try to get you one. later”

“You promised!” Claire immediately said with an excited smile on her face. Then, she looked curiously to the text on the screen.

“What are you reading?”

“Information about how to use mana. D’vina, the woman that I mentioned before, asked me to learn it.”

“Is it so…? It looks interesting, can I learn too?”

Aleen made a troubled expression before willing the screen to expand. Then, he signaled to Claire to sit beside him.

“You can try, but I don’t know if you can learn it. To be honest, I only learned a bit after acquiring my skill.”

Claire made a small smile and moved beside Aleen. The pair then began to read together.

After a pair of hours, the siblings finally ended the document. Aleen stood up and stretched his body. Then, he spoke to Claire.

“I will try to practice in the courtyard. Do you want to come?”

“Yeah, I think that I understand a bit…”

“Sure sure, you can show me outside.”

The pair then went to the courtyard and began to try the things written in the document. Aleen had a bit of trouble, but after a few minutes, he finally was able to move the mana through all his body. Unfortunately, he was unable to do it freely. Apparently, he needed a bit of practice.

But before he could rejoice, he heard his sister shouting.

“I did it!”

Turning his head, Aleen saw Claire using her hand to manifest mana outside her body. It seemed like small flames burning slightly in her palm.

“You… How did you do it!?” Aleen asked with an astonished expression.

"Haha, it was not very difficult. First, I tried feeling the mana and then I willed it to move around my body. After it, I did as the document said and tried to extend it outside my body, then, this happened.”

“You…” Aleen could not help but show an astonished expression. But then, he smiled wryly and shook his head.

“Well, you always were pretty talented in everything; but this already is in another level.”

“Uh? Can you not do the same, brother?”

Aleen simply smiled in resignation. He still had trouble moving mana quickly inside his body, much less manifesting it outside.

Aleen could only envy his sister's talent with mana.

Claire understood Aleen situation and smiled embarrassedly. Then, she patted his shoulder briefly and consoled him.

“Don’t worry, brother. I can teach you.”

“Get lost.”

Claire simply laughed happily and hugged him.

After playing for a few minutes, the pair calmed down and continued trying to manipulate the mana. But after a time, Claire began to find the process boring. Then, she remembered something.

“Right, brother. I have not seen your superpower… Can you show it to me?”

“*Sigh*… Okay, give me a second.”

Walking to the center of the courtyard, Aleen tried activating his skill. Immediately, lightning began to course through his body.

Aleen felt the familiar sensation of everything moving slowly, then, his body accelerated.

In an instant, his body ran until the end of the courtyard. An exhilarating sensation filled Aleen's mind, and he felt as if he could move to anywhere in a second.

But before he could enjoy the sensation, he saw a wall before him.

Surprised, Aleen tried to stop, but the skill did not answer. Aleen entered in panic and tried to change his direction, but he felt resistance coming from his skill. Before he could think of another thing, his body crashed with the wall.

"*Crash*!"

“Brother!” Claire ran towards the wall and saw it partially destroyed. Aleen was lying in the ground filled with dust with his face hurting.

“Ouch… What happened?”

“Brother! Are you fine!?”

“Ouch, I’m fine, but my body hurts like hell.”

Claire checked Aleen’s body carefully with a nervous expression, but when she did not see any injury, she could not stop her laughter.

“Hahahaha, you crashed with the wall! What kind of superhero crash with the wall!?”

“Don’t laugh, it was painful.”

“Hahahaha, I’m sorry, I cannot avoid it. It was very funny…”

It took a long time before Claire calmed down.

Aleen finally recovered slightly from the pain and thought about the crash. Immediately, he understood what happened.

“It appears that I cannot control it yet… Mmm, I probably need practice with it.”

“Haha, Yeah, you better practice. But not in the house, you will destroy it, pff.”

“*Sigh* Claire.”

“Sorry sorry, I will not laugh anymore. By the way, did your skill has a name?”

“Not yet.” Aleen shook his head.

“Mmm, then let me think about one… What do you think of ‘Superspeed’!”

“Too normal.”

“Rushing thunder?”

“Too chunny.”

“The flash?”

“Copyright.”

“Brother, you are too picky.”

“Another name, please.”

In the end, the siblings spend all the morning thinking of a name for Aleen’s skill.

26