Chapter 29 – Raid (5)
1.8k 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the nervous humans finally reacted, the monster was already before them.

Probably thanks to its instinct, the beast attacked the human farthest from D’vina. In an instant, the beast was before him ready to tear his body in pieces.

But when the brooder tried to use its claws to tear the human in pieces, D’vina greatsword intercepted the attack. In a swift move, she repelled the monster and used her sword to pressure it while being careful of not killing it and scaring the other monster away.

Aleen and the rest of humans relaxed briefly when they saw D’vina intercepting the creature, but that proved to be fatal. Taking advantage of their inattentiveness, the second monster chose its prey.

Using the same strategy that before, the second monster attacked the human farthest from D’vina's position. The humans’ brief carelessness meant that they were unable to react. Even Aleen, that knew that he was responsible for the second monster, only noticed the monster when it was about to kill a human girl.

The girl instinctively moved the shield she received in the village and tried to stop the monster’s charge, but a level two's strength was not something she could stop. The blow sent the girl flying away while the monster chased after her.

But at that moment, Aleen finally reacted.

“Ahhhhhhh!”

Activating instinctively his skill, he accelerated furiously towards the beast. The feeling of time stopping returned to Aleen and he took advantage of it to form a stabbing stance awkwardly. In an instant, Aleen's sword was before the brooder.

But different than the beast he killed in the last game, this monster was of a level higher.

Feeling the danger, the beast tried to twist its body outside the sword's path. Despite it, however, the beast speed was unable to compare with Aleen’s. Before it could leave the sword’s path completely, Aleen reached its position.

Befitting of a weapon sold by the game's administration, the weapon was very sharp despite its simple appearance. It, together with the strength produced by Aleen’s weight moving at such incredible speed, made the sword cut the body of the monster cleanly. When Aleen’s body passed the beast, two of its legs were cut.

“*Screchhh*!” With a cry of pain, the beast jumped back and looked fearfully towards Aleen. Aleen turned immediately after seeing that the beast was still alive, but when he tried to activate his skill again, a slight pain attacked his body.

It was Aleen’s first time trying to activate his skill twice continually, and he immediately felt his body complaining in pain for it. Unable to understand the situation, he made a fast choice and instead reinforced his body with mana and ran towards the beast.

Seeing it, the beast jumped again and retreated to the place the other humans were. It was obvious that Aleen's attack left it frightened.

At that moment, one of the humans could not endure the tension anymore and rushed towards the beast with his sword.

“Die!!!”

“Watch out!” Aleen’s face paled when he saw it, but before his warning could reach to the man, the scythe-like claw of the monster cut through the man’s torso, dividing his body into two parts.

"""AHHHHHHHHH!!!""" Cries of terror sounded from the surroundings, and the people near the man began to run away, but it seemed to provoke the savage nature of the monster because it jumped among the humans and began to chase them.

“Damn it!” Aleen swore while chasing after the monster, but it did not have any intention of fighting him. In a few seconds, the monster’s claws killed another three people.

Aleen tried repeatedly to activate his skill, but his body continued negating the attempts. In desperation, he tried to move the mana for himself. Quickly, mana flowed through Aleen’s veins following the skill's path; but instead activating the skill, Aleen noticed his mana transforming into something else.

His mana seemed to take the form of lightning.

Unconsciously, Aleen activated his aspect again.

His speed increased noticeably, but it still was many times slower than his skill. Despite it, the increase in speed helped Aleen to catch with the beast.

Aleen attacked with his sword forgetting about the things he saw in the videos. Instead, he used his instincts to fight, but the beast was able to see through his moves easily, evading the disorderly swings.

“*Screeeccchhhh*!!!” Shouting in glee, the brooder proceeded to attack another human; Aleen immediately recognized the girl, she was the one that asked about the game before.

“Damn you!” Screaming to the monster, Aleen attacked again to prevent the monster from killing the girl, but it evaded his attack easily once again. Aleen swore that he could see a look of pleasure in the monster's eyes.

Instinctively, the girl swung the sword in her hand, but such an attack was too slow to inflict damage to the monster. When it saw the sword attacking, it swung one of its claws, separating the sword from the girl’s hand together with two of her fingers.

An expression of terror appeared in her face, and before she could react, a second scythe-like claw came for her neck.

A strong feeling of rage filled Aleen’s body, and the lightning inside his body moved faster than ever. Finally, the rune inside his mind illuminated again and the skill he had been trying to activate desperately answered.

Then, Aleen's body accelerated.

And his sword cut the monster.

Before the monster’s claw could kill the girl, Aleen’s attack threw the monster away and bisected its body.

With a flash of lightning, Aleen’s body continued accelerating and crashed against the obstacles in its path. Then, after approximately fifty meters, he stopped.

The remaining people alive were unable to react to the unexpected change in the situation. The girl, that just a moment before was about to die, fell in her butt.

At that moment, Aleen stood from the monster’s the body; he was covered with thick blue monster's blood, his clothes were filled with scratches.

Then, he began to vomit.

Seeing it, many of the people in the surroundings began to vomit too.

When they finally calmed down, D’vina’s voice sounded.

“It was worse than I thought but well done.”

Hearing it, they turned towards her only to see her black hair waving with the hair and her sword sheathed once more.

Behind her, the first monster’s body lay beheaded.

Corrected mistake "IA - AI".

I also noticed some other mistakes, like "answered her, replied her" when it must be "she answered, she replied", but it will take me a bit of time correct every chapter. Of course, I will try not to make the same mistake again...

If you notice another mistake, leave a comment behind and rate the story if you like it...

Oh, and support me on patreon...

23