Chapter 58 – Interlude: Meeting with a Level Six
1.6k 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
First chapter today... I will try to post another two chapters later, and If I have enough time, I will post another...

Inside a luxurious hall, a slightly overweight man was seated respectfully. 

The hall was enormous, filled with strange decorations and painted with a light metallic blue, giving to the place a pressuring feeling. Strangely, it seemed slightly off according to human esthetics; but it was normal considering the people inhabiting this place.

Unfortunately, the man seated waiting wasn’t in the mood to admire the beauty of the hall. He was too busy thinking about the words that he was going to speak later.

At that moment, a blue-skinned man appeared. 

Though humanoid in appearance, he clearly was not human. Compared to humans, the man was around two meters tall and his face was squarer. 

A normal man would be frightened after seeing someone like that, but the overweight man waiting in the hall was already used to the aliens’ appearance. So, when the blue-skinned man entered the hall, he simply stood up.

“Mr. Smith, His Supremacy has agreed to see you. Please follow me.”

“I understand.”

Giving a respectful nod, Arnold Smith indicated his understanding and proceeded to follow the blue-skinned man.

Currently, they were in Lars Island, a small island located in the South Atlantic Ocean. 

Not long ago, this island was territory of the Norway kingdom; but ten days ago, after the apparition of an interdimensional portal, this place became the territory of a group belonging to an interdimensional civilization.

In the beginning, the governments around the world tried to use force to respond to the aliens’ arrival; but it didn’t take long for them to understand that earth's power was way less than its invaders. Fortunately, the self-proclaimed Dran race did nothing to retaliate against the humans’ attack.

Instead, they sent a warning to the different governments of the world, explaining the reason for their arrival and their purpose in this place.

Now, ten days later, Arnold Smith was here to speak with the leader of this foreigner race.

Arnold followed the blue-skinned man for two minutes through a long corridor, before reaching to a gigantic door. The blue-skinned man then knocked on the door twice and spoke.

“His Supremacy, I’m here with the guest.”

“Come in.” A voice answered from inside.

Opening the door, the dran man made a gesture to Arnold, indicating him to continue in. “His supremacy is waiting for you.” Then, when Arnold entered, he closed the door behind him.

Arnold proceeded to walk inside and looked to the man in the center of the room.

Then, his breath stopped.

A powerful pressure, incomparable to anything that he felt before, attacked him. 

He felt his body becoming heavy. Desperately, he tried to move, but each one of his nerves refused to answer; his body stood petrified in the middle of the room. 

For an instant, he wanted to scream, to run from this place and hide far away.

But at the next moment, the pressure disappeared.

Arnold panted heavily once the pressure vanished. His body was filled with sweat and his lips were bleeding slightly. 

For a moment, he was unable to understand what happened.

But when he looked towards the man again, he understood that ‘He’ was definitively the origin.

‘So, it was true…’

Suppressing the fear inside him, Arnold took a breath and continued walking towards the man before bowing slightly.

“My name is Arnold Smith, and I’m here as the representative of the ONU, to speak with the leader of the Dran race.”

The man inside the room stayed silent after Arnold spoke.

Like any other dran, this one was tall and blue-skinned; but different from the others, his body emitted a certain kind of pressure that was impossible to hide. 

Using his red eyes to look toward Arnold, the male dran used a dignified tone to speak. 

“Speak, what do you want, human?”

Arnold hesitated slightly and opened his mouth.

“We want to know the reason because you are here.”

The man frowned deeply and answered with a displeased tone.

“Don’t waste my time, human. We already explained the situation to each government. If you are here for it, then get lost.”

“You are right, Mr. Srive; but you must understand that there are many things that we are unable to understand. We are mainly worried about the things related to the level six.”

At that moment, the powerful pressure from before returned.

Arnold was unable to breath when the pressure reappeared. He looked towards the dran only to see him with an expression as if looking to an insect.

Then, he heard him speaking with an ice-cold tone.

“Don’t take me for a fool, human. I’m sure that you have gotten information about Dimensional Paradise and the different levels already.

“Do you think that I will follow your customs only because I’m on your planet? Or you think that because we did not retaliate against your attacks, you can take advantage of us?”

Then, the pressure disappeared.

Arnold coughed heavily when the level six dran retreated his pressure.

Looking towards the man before him, he was unable to hide the expression of fear than appeared in his face.

But in the end, Arnold was someone with enough capabilities as to be chosen to this task; so, after a few seconds, he calmed down.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Srive.”

The blue-skinned man remained silent.

Pausing for a moment, Arnold Smith took a breath a began to speak again.

“I have another question. Why are you kidnapping 1500 humans every week?”

“You also know the answer to it.”

Arnold nodded briefly and continued speaking. "You are right. We learned that they are taken to a place that you call Dimensional Paradise, but my question is, how long are you going to continue doing it."

"For ten years more or until a level six appears in your race." The level six answered calmly.

This time, the expression in Arnold's face faltered. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath and made his mind to make the next question.

"… Do you know how many humans will die during the next ten years then? Around one million humans will perish if this situation continues for ten years!"

Hearing it, the dran man took a deep look to the human before him and exhaled deeply. Then, with a merciless tone, he spoke.

“You probably did not understand, human. If your world is unable to produce a level six during the next ten years, then your people will become unable to decide how they are going to die. When that happens, the people that are still alive will wish to be dead.”

When he heard it, a grave expression appeared in Arnold’s face. Then, with a resigned tone, he asked.

“Then… what do we have to do?”

“Do you want to hear my advice? Do everything in your power to create a level six before ten years.”

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise to read until six chapters ahead.

Special thanks to: Trent Stone.

17