Chapter 114 – Interlude: Leona’s Mission
1k 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Last interlude...

Lars Island, South Atlantic Ocean.

Today, many people were standing in front of the interdimensional portal, waiting for the arrival of a group of people.

From the day when the dran race invaded Lars Island, the portal had not been used again; but today, the people from the dran race received the news that a delegation from the UDP council was coming to earth.

Due to it, all the people with a relatively important position had come to welcome them.

And the person leading the group, was the Level-Six dran, Kdon Srive.

After waiting for five minutes, the interdimensional portal lit up and a group of five people came from it.

The group was led by a dark-skinned human woman. She had short grey hay, gray eyes, and was dressed in a futuristic style.

Aleen would have recognized the woman as Leona, his representative in the games.

The other four humans were walking respectfully behind her, and each one of them was dressed similarly to Leona; besides it, each one of them had a badge symbolizing the United Dimensional Planes on their chests.

Once the group exited the portal, they walked directly towards the Level-six dran.

Leone then gave a respectful bow and spoke.

“Nice to meet you, Mr. Srive. My name is Leona Acarina, an executive from Dimensional Paradise, and I’m here by the order of the council.”

“Mm, I was informed that the council was going to send someone today. Come with me, Miss Leona; I have prepared a suitable welcome for you.” Kdon Srive replied in a warm tone.

Leona, however, shook her head. “It’s not necessary. I would like to start with my mission as soon as possible.”

Kdon frowned deeply when he heard it. “If I can ask, why did the council send a delegation to this planet?”

Leona did not answer immediately. Instead, she looked to the level-six with an intense expression for a few seconds. Finally, she opened her mouth.

“The council received information that an Eternal Flame appeared in this world, so I was sent to investigate if that information is true. Do you know something about that, Mr. Srive?”

Kdon face changed immediately, but he controlled his expression quickly and shook his head at the next instant. “I’m sorry, Miss Leona. It’s the first time that I heard something like that.”

“Is it so? A shame. After all, Eternal Flames are very valuable.” Leona said sarcastically.

Kdon Srive grunted but did not say anything.

“I’ll take my leave then.” Leona said. “I don’t want to delay the orders of the council.” She then nodded at Kdon and walked pass him.

When the group of humans left, Kdon growled an order. “Lnio, come here!”

“Your supremacy!” Lnio, the assistant of Kdon, came beside him and bowed.

“How is the search for the Eternal Flame going?” Kdon asked.

“We already found it.” Lnio answered in a respectful tone. “Thirty minutes ago, one of our men discovered that the Eternal Flame took a host and is hiding inside a human girl. Do you want to send our men to bring the girl here?”

Kdon frowned. “No. Now that the council sent someone, it means that they are paying attention to each one of our movements. If we send someone to recover the flame now, then they will find out immediately and take the flame for themselves.”

“But sir, the leader of the delegation is just a level-five. You can kill her easily.”

“Idiot!” Kdon scolded his assistant harshly. “Although that girl is just a level-five, she is a member of Dimensional Paradise. If we lay our hands on her, then we will make that group of monsters our enemies!”

“… Then, what does your supremacy suggest? Are we going to give up like this?”

Kdon put his hand behind his back and began to think. With the council here, it means that his movements are limited; and if him or one of his men gets the flame, it will not escape the council’s sight. On the other hand, if he did not act quickly, then the council will discover the position of the flame in five days at most.

“We are not going to give up on it. After all, an Eternal Element means the possibility of producing another level-six. However, if we want to obtain it, then I must make sure that the council did not suspect anything, or at least, they must not get proof that I got the flame.”

He then touched the bracelet on his wrist, searched for the name of a friend, and made a call.

A few seconds later, the face of an old man was projected by the bracelet.

“It has been a long time since the last time you called me, Kdon.”

“I need a favor, old man. And it cannot be linked to me.”

The old man on the other side of the screen put on a serious expression briefly before giving a sigh.

“I owe you one, Kdon; so, I’ll help you this time. But it will be the last time. Tell me, what do you need my help with?”

Kdon looked deeply to the old man, and then, in an ice-cold tone, he spoke.

“Help me to manipulate a game.”

You can support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise and read until the next game ten chapters ahead. I appreciated it very much...

19