Chapter 155 – Sword and Arrow
809 7 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aleen grunted angrily and evaded the attack. The arrow exploded again, but Aleen was already outside the explosion’s range.

This time, Aleen didn’t bother to speak. He held his sword tightly and charged forward.

Lightning Movement was activated, but Aleen only used 10% of its speed. Despite it, however, his speed was a few times greater than the archer.

Aleen didn’t dare to underestimate his opponent. Lightning Movement was his only skill and trump card, so he didn’t want to show it so soon. All the level-two on this planet were the strongest at their level, so if he used Lightning Movement at full speed and failed to kill him, then the enemy would be cautious about it.

Moreover, he didn’t know what kind of trump cards his enemy was hiding.

The archer did not panic when he saw Aleen rushing towards him. Instead, he continued drawing the bowstring back and shooting arrows. Each arrow would fly right into Aleen’s direction, and explode when it hits the ground.

However, such attacks were useless facing Aleen’s speed. Dynamic Sight allowed Aleen to see each arrow easily, and Lightning Movement allowed him to evade the arrows and explosions. Meanwhile, he closed towards his opponent's position without pausing.

The archer wrinkled his brows. He could see that his attacks were completely ineffective against Aleen. Besides the first attack that caught him off guard, the other attacks had been practically useless.

However, the archer was a very experienced warrior. He was confident in killing Aleen even if he was stronger. Actually, besides the five irregulars, he was confident about killing anyone else.

And his current enemy was not the exception.

Putting a new arrow on the bowstring, the archer shot it towards Aleen.

Aleen detected the arrow long before it reached him. He calmly leaned his head aside and evaded it, however, he instantly felt that something was wrong.

Without hesitation, he increased his speed at the maximum and jumped away.

Then, the arrow exploded.

But this time, it exploded before hitting the ground.

Aleen was surprised. He thought that the arrows needed to make contact to explode, but it seemed that he was wrong. The enemy could make the arrows explode at will.

Fortunately, he reacted fast enough and was not injured, but it was a very close call.

Aleen looked at the archer in admiration. As he thought, the archer also was hiding his strength.

However, now that he showed that trick, Aleen would not fall for it again.

The archer’s expression turned grave. He could not believe that the human youth was able to evade even that attack. Moreover, he was completely uninjured.

‘A kind of instantaneous movement…? Is it his skill? But then his speed…’ Although the archer was a bit worried about, now was not the time to hesitate.

Before the arrow exploded, he had taken three new arrows from his space ring and put them on his bow. Once he saw Aleen evading the attack, the three arrows were shot.

The arrows flew in different directions, but strangely, they sealed all of Aleen’s escape routes. It was one of the archer’s archery techniques, Triple Shot.

Seeing the arrows flying towards him, Aleen calmed his mind and crouched down. He then charged forward with his body leaning forward, passing below the arrows.

The three arrows exploded at that moment, but Aleen used another burst of Lightning Movement to evade the explosions. He then looked towards the archer. He was already less than fifty meters away from him.

At this distance, he was confident about reaching the archer before he could react. Until now, he never had shown the true power of Lightning Movement, so he was sure the enemy would be caught off guard.

But at that moment, another arrow appeared before him!

This arrow had been painted black and hidden behind the first three arrows. Aleen only was able to see it due to Dynamic Sight! But even then, the arrow was already dangerously close to him!

Reacting quickly, Aleen’s body flashed with a sliver glow and moved away hurriedly.

Then, the arrow exploded.

The archer furrowed his brows. He was unable to confirm if the arrow hit Aleen or not.

He narrowed his eyes and looked in the direction of the explosion. He was confident about the last hidden arrow’s killing power.

But at that moment, he felt a chill on his back.

Without looking back, the archer jumped aside. The next instant, a silvery-dark sword cut through the place he was just a moment ago.

Seeing that the first attack did not succeed, the attacker was not discouraged. The sword then flashed again and pierced towards the archer’s heart.

However, a smirk appeared on the archer’s face.

“Boom…” He mouthed softly.

Instantly, Aleen felt something wrong below him.

The next instant, he was swallowed by an explosion.

The archer panted heavily. He stared at the place where the explosion occurred just now with an expression of fear.

“You can’t underestimate anyone on this place, huh…” Sighing heavily, the archer prepared his bow again. Although he was sure that the last attack injured his enemy, he knew it was far from enough to kill him.

Lifting the bow, the archer waited for his enemy to appear again.

Then, he opened his eyes wide.

“Ugh…” With an expression of pain, the archer looked at his chest.

There, a dark sword coated in silver lightning was piercing his heart.

Even without turning around, he knew that his enemy was behind him.

Sighing silently, the archer looked at the sky. Numerous bolts of lightning could be seen flashing each second.

“Really, you can’t underestimate anyone in this place…”

Then, he activated his skill.

Instantly, his body exploded.

If you like this story and want to support me, you can do it on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise and read until ten chapters ahead.

11