Chapter 157 – Two Small Curved Horns (2)
703 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the woman noticed Aleen, she instantly put her guard up.

“Who are you?” She asked in an ice-cold tone and aimed a gun-like weapon towards Aleen. Aleen wrinkled his brows when he saw it, but he decided not to attack her. He wanted to avoid any unnecessary conflict when he didn’t know the opponent’s strength.

So, he tensed up his muscles to prepare against any attack and replied.

“You tell me. You were the one that appeared suddenly.”

The woman eyed Aleen cautiously without removing her weapon. But when she saw he didn’t intend to attack her, she relaxed visibly.

“I’ll leave then. Okay?”

Aleen nodded silently.

The woman observed Aleen for a few more seconds before stepping back cautiously. She did not move his gaze away from Aleen and kept her guard up all the time.

But at that moment, a shadow flashed from beside Aleen.

The shadow flew towards the woman at great speed, aiming to her head. The woman opened her eyes wide and reacted instantly, shooting it down with her gun.

She then looked at Aleen in rage.

“You… Despicable!” The woman exclaimed and shot another energy bullet, this time aimed towards Aleen.

Aleen wrinkled his brows and evaded the attack. When he saw the shadow flying towards the woman, he instantly knew that something was wrong. Something wanted to provoke a conflict between them!

That projectile was shot in a way that it seemed as he was the one that shot it!

“Wait a moment!” Aleen shouted. “I was not the one that attacked!”

But the woman did not pay him attention. She continued attacking Aleen with her gun-like weapon.

‘That cunning beast!’ Aleen cursed on his mind and gritted his teeth. It looks like he had to defeat the woman if he wanted to resolve this misunderstanding.

However, he didn’t have any idea about the woman’s skill.

Fortunately, she was pretty close to him. Aleen decided to defeat her as fast as possible to not give the beast the opportunity to take advantage of their fight.

Without hesitation, he activated Lightning Movement at maximum speed.

Instantly, he disappeared from the place he was and appeared beside the woman. The woman felt a chill on her neck and hurriedly moved away. The sword only cut a strand of her hair.

However, before she could sigh in relief, she felt something hitting her abdomen.

“Gah!” The woman vomited a mouthful of blood and flew away. Her body hit the ground a few times and then, she stopped moving.

Aleen furrowed her brows. Something was strange. The woman was far too weak.

The next instant, his suspicions were proved.

The body of the woman dissipated into smoke. She then appeared beside Aleen and fired another bullet.

But no level-two had a better reaction speed than Aleen. Before the bullet was fired, Aleen had already activated lightning movement and escaped from the gun’s line of fire.

Then, he kicked the woman again.

This time, the woman did not dissipate.

Aleen walked towards her and frowned. As he thought, this woman was too weak.

The woman looked at Aleen with eyes full of hatred. She gritted her teeth and raised her gun again. Even if she was not his match, she was not going down without a fight.

However, Aleen smiled bitterly and raised his hand.

“I told you, I was not the one that attacked you before.”

The woman looked at Aleen with a gaze of suspicion. “Don’t try to fool me. I’ll prefer to die before giving you my body!”

Aleen did not know whether to laugh or to cry. This woman sure has a good imagination.

Aleen shook his head and decided to leave. Although the woman attacked him, it was just a misunderstanding, so Aleen did not want to kill her. He was not cold-blooded enough to kill an innocent woman even if killing her would benefice him.

But when the woman saw him turn around to leave, she put on a serious expression.

“Wait, if you didn’t attack me before, who did attack me then?”

Aleen frowned briefly, but when he opened his lips to answer, a shadow appeared behind the woman.

Aleen’s expression changed. Without hesitation, he activated Lightning Movement.

Lightning coursed through his veins, and everything slowed around him. Aleen looked at the feline-like shadow and stepped forward.

In an instant, his sword was already before it.

The shadow was startled. It could not understand how the man moved so fast in an instant.

After all, although it was smarter than other beasts, it could not understand the concept of skills. It felt a strong threat coming from Aleen, so it had refrained from attacking him until now. However, it could not suppress its instincts when it saw the injured woman. It felt it would benefice greatly if it kills the woman and gets her laws.

But it never expected that Aleen could reach it before it could take the woman away.

With a roar of fury, the feline-like beast tried to defend itself. Its thorn-like fur stood erect and shot towards Aleen, but Aleen evaded it easily and thrusts his sword towards the monster’s head.

The monster panicked. It realized that it could not escape Aleen’s attack. In a desperate attempt to survive, it shot even more of its thorn-like fur.

But it was useless.

Before the remaining thorns could be shot, Aleen’s sword had pierced its eye.

The monster’s movements froze instantly. The next instant, its body fell to the ground.

The woman looked at the scene of Aleen killing the beast in a daze. She did not even notice when the beast appeared behind her, much less Aleen’s lightning-quick movements.

However, before she could thank her luck, she felt Aleen’s ice-cold eyes staring at her.

“Uh… Is something wrong?”

15