Chapter 161 – Daemons (2)
791 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aleen took a step forward.

Instantly, a flash of lightning cut through the grass. Aleen’s body and sword were wrapped in silver lightning!

Lightning Movement! Sharp Blade!

Aleen had gone all out without hesitation.

The two daemons opened their eyes wide. Before they could react, Aleen’s sword was already piercing towards one of them.

Instinctively, the daemon activated his skill.

Frost Armor!

A dark blue armor enveloped the daemon. It covered his entire body, creating a thick armor filled with intricate carvings.

The next instant–

*Clang!*

The sword clashed against the armor.

The daemon’s armor was impressive. It could easily defend against two or three all-out attacks of a level-three.

However, the sharpness of Aleen’s sword, combined with Sharp Blade and the speed of Lightning Movement were a lethal combination. Furthermore, Aleen’s attack power had been boosted once more by Lilia’s shadow. Besides the time when Aleen failed to activate his second skill, this could be considered as Aleen’s strongest attack.

In less than a second, the sword had cut through the daemon’s defenses. The blade approached the daemon’s neck with frightening power.

However, the two daemons were not to be underestimated.

“Stop!” The second daemon shouted.

Aleen instantly felt his body becoming heavier, and his sword became slower. The first Daemon then took a step back and avoided the sword attack narrowly.

Aleen was startled. Feeling that something was wrong, he stopped his attack and jumped back!

In the next instant, the place where he was just a moment ago was crushed by a powerful pressure.

Gravity Alteration! It was the name of the second daemon’s skill.

Able to change the gravity in a selected area, It was a skill almost as powerful as Aleen’s Lightning Movement!

Aleen’s expression turned dark. He expected to kill at least one of them with his surprise attack. Who would have expected that the one he chose had a defensive skill, giving enough time to the other to activate his skill?

‘It can't be so easy, huh?’ Aleen smiled wryly. However, his desire to battle burned even more fiercely.

Only facing stronger enemies could he grow faster!

The two daemons were staring angrily towards Aleen. However, you could detect a trace of fear on their eyes. Moreover, one of them had a small cut on his neck.

Although Aleen’s attack was unable to kill him, he had been injured!

If the other daemon would have hesitated for even a fraction of second more, then he would be dead now.

“You…” The daemon looked at Aleen with an expression of hatred, however, it was tinted with a bit of dread. “Irregular…”

The other daemon paled when he heard it. “… Are you sure?”

“An attack able to cut through my defenses so easily plus extreme speed. He is definitively an irregular. However, none of the irregulars in E-39 matches his features.”

“…” The other daemon fell silent. He knew the true meaning behind the word Irregular. Any Irregular was strong enough to ignore the concept of levels. The strongest Irregulars could even kill someone two or three levels above them!

Even though they were pretty strong among level-two, the daemons were not confident in defeating an irregular. Furthermore, Aleen was accompanied by another person. If the girl decided to help, they would die.

Of course, Aleen was not an Irregular yet, even if he was pretty close to being one. But with the help of Lilia’s shadow, he could barely be considered one.

The two daemons looked warily at Aleen. Currently, they were regretting having attacked.

However, when they saw Aleen’s ice-cold look, they were sure that Aleen was not going to let them escape.

Out of options, they gritted their teeth. The first daemon took a step forward to act as the vanguard while the second retreated behind him. He then took something out of his ring and threw it up.

Then, it exploded.

Aleen’s expression changed instantly. ‘A signal!’

‘Damn it!’

Aleen cursed to himself and spread his mana through his body. After seeing that signal, he was sure that the third daemon would be here soon. He had to kill the two daemons before Malconi reaches here!

Looking at the two daemons, Aleen’s snorted.

Then, he activated his skill again.

Lightning surged through his body, and his thoughts accelerated. Aleen’s body disappeared with a flash, and the next second, his sword was slashing towards the first daemon’s head.

The daemon grunted and tried to use his arm to receive the attack, but the movements of his body were unable to catch up with Aleen’s speed.

Fortunately, he activated his skill in time.

This time, he concentrated his skill on the place where Aleen’s sword was aiming. The armor of ice grew twice as thick as before and receiving the attack.

But Aleen’s sword cut through the ice smoothly. Its speed only reduced for an instant before continuing cutting down!

However, that instant was enough for the other daemon.

Instantly, Aleen felt his body becoming heavier. His sword slowed down and his movements became sluggish.

Taking advantage of that opportunity, the first daemon punched towards Aleen. A blade of ice formed on his’s punch and pierced towards Aleen.

Aleen snorted. His body flashed again disappearing from the daemon sight and appearing behind him. This time, the sword was aiming to behead him.

The daemon felt a chill on his back. He instinctively thickened his armor around his neck and received the attack. Aleen’s sword cut through five centimeters of ice before he was forced to stop his attack again due to the changing gravity.

Aleen looked at the second daemon. He could see that, although the daemon’s skill was very powerful, it had many limitations. For example, its range was pretty small, and the change of gravity was not enough to kill someone instantly.

Normally, the powerful gravity would be enough to restrain the enemy almost completely, before proceeding to kill him slowly. But Aleen’s speed was too fast. When he starts to feel the effects of gravity, he would leave the gravity’s area of effect and attack again from another direction.

For an instant, the fight entered into a stalemate. Aleen could not kill the daemons but neither they could hurt Aleen.

However, Aleen knew that he could not afford to prolong the fight. Not when a dangerous enemy was rushing towards here.

Taking a deep breath, he accelerated again.

 

If you like this story and want to support me, you can do it on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise and read until ten chapters ahead.

11