33. Strange sphere
10.6k 19 394
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I LIVE! Anyway, have been busy with stuff but now me is back. I will try to write the other three missing chapters today. Enjoy

A little worried Tomoka entered her mindscape. What she found was a wry looking Kurama sitting in front of the central lake. 

 

“So what thingy are you talking about? I don’t see anything out of order” As she said that Tomoka felt a foreboding feeling. Like there was indeed something that wasn’t supposed to be there. 

 

[look up and tell me what is that] Using one of his tails Kurama pointed upwards. 

 

In the sky above a bizarre image was painted. A white sphere floated in the sky with lightning constantly zapping the air around it. The circumference of the sphere is defined by a strange distortion of light, akin to that of a black hole’s event horizon. 

 

What made it even weirder would be the perception the two had of the sphere. Tomoka somehow knew the thing was barely a single centimeter in diameter, yet it fell massive in the sky above.

 

“What that fuck is that, and what the fuck is it doing here, and why the fuck didn’t you tell me before?” Tomoka glared at Kurama, this was important. This place is the equivalent to her soul. Whatever happens here will drastically affect her. 

 

[Well, to answer your first two questions, no idea. As for the last one. Since it didn’t do anything I thought it would be better to calm you down first] Kurama was a bit sheepish about it.

 

“Whatever, what is important right now is figuring out what is that” With a sigh Tomoka concentrated back into the anomaly in her mindscape. 

 

Seeing the red lightning gave her a feeling of familiarity but she couldn’t figure out why. After a while she decided to experiment a bit. First she tried to move the sphere through her will. Nothing, the thing didn’t budge. As a matter of fact, it felt as if it was firmly lodged in place inside her mindscape. 

 

The next thing she attempted was to use her chakra to inspect it. As it flew towards the sphere she felt it pulling on her chakra. The force quickly tore some away from her control and devoured it, expanding for a moment. The next instant a red lightning bolt struck her.

 

She expected to feel pain and the usual numb feeling of having electricity run through the body. Instead she felt her perception speed up for a moment. It was but an instant, nothing more than a fraction of a second in real time. 

 

[Tomoka are you alright?] Seeing her being struck by lightning again made Kurama worry.

 

“Yeah, I am fine.” Not paying much attention to Kurama, Tomoka went back into her thoughts.  

 

Alongside the increase in perception some information flew into her mind. Just a tiny piece, a name: Speed-force. As soon as her mind caught up and understood the name she froze. There was no way for something like that to appear here.

 

The speed force is meant to be a fundamental force of existence in the DC world. However, she is in the Naruto world, that thing should not be here! Not to mention that knowing what the speed force is from her comic knowledge Tomoka knows it is overpowered. 

 

In an instant Tomoka felt excited and tried to call forth the speed force once more. In the flash comics it was just a matter of wanting to use it. However, nothing happens. No, something did happen but it was underwhelming.

 

She could feel her perception accelerating once more, however it was negligible. The difference between having it and not was like a beach having an extra grain of sand or not. This brought a frown to Tomoka’s face. She could feel the speed force follow her will, however, something was interfering. 

 

Looking up she saw the small sphere for a while. Suddenly understanding struck her. That sphere was in fact a form of portal. Through it the speed force flowed into her. However, the opening is too small for anything significant to go through. When the portal took her chakra it used it to increase in size for a moment allowing more of the speed force to flow through. 

 

Wanting to confirm her theory, Tomoka sent a large amount of chakra towards the portal. Around sixty percent of her chakra flew towards the portal. In a moment the chakra was swiftly absorbed causing the portal to rapidly expand.      

 

[What the hell are you doing!?]

 

“Experimenting” Once again disregarding Kurama, Tomoka observed the changes. The lightning around the portal increased in intensity and she could feel it sufusing into her body, mind and soul. If she wills it, it would do her bidding and provide her with its power. However, it did not last.

 

As soon as it expanded it contracted once more. The entire thing lasted but a single moment. With this Tomoka understood a few things about this speed force of hers. 

394